Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 20:27 - Aug 17 with 5091 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

PL: “I thought Jackson was excellent, I thought his running was excellent. Some really good things there, things we can work on, but it’s a decent start.”

Is PL trying to talk up Jackson to get his confidence level up? No doubt that Jackson is lightning quick, but that apart, there's nothing there for me. I thought he mistimed a few jumps, he runs upfield when a long ball is coming in hoping that the defenders miss it (which they don't), and his touch and interplay is always misplaced. Maybe he got away with that in L2 as the defences might be that much worse, but for me he still looks out of his depth in this League.
I think we desperately need a target man, Norwood would do so much alongside a big man who can win a few balls in the oppo box that are punted up. We just gave possession away every time that happened today.

Poll: would you rather

Jackson on 20:35 - Aug 17 with 4566 viewsBluefish

We don't seem to really ever see Jackson run at full tilt though. I hope he finds a run of goals but he looks miles off this level

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jackson on 20:36 - Aug 17 with 4561 viewsKieran_Knows

£1.6m, let that sink in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson on 20:41 - Aug 17 with 4544 viewsmeekreech

Jackson should be loaned out to see whether he has actually got the talent we need or preferably shipped out because he hasn't yet shown that he has .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Jackson on 20:46 - Aug 17 with 4496 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I think Jackson has been fairly decent on the whole this season. I agree we probably do need an alternative option, but from what I’ve seen he’s done well. He works hard and closes down a lot and his pace has caused problems for opposition defences. He won a penalty today, but could easily have had two against Sunderland. Jackson won’t be our main source of goals this season but he’s more than capable at this level and I think there’s a lot more to come as well.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Jackson on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 4475 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Jackson on 20:36 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

£1.6m, let that sink in.

Yeah.....

That weasel Hurst has a helluva lot to answer for

Jackson on 20:50 - Aug 17 with 4458 viewssparks

He was okay- better than usual- today. Couldnt put it higher- but fine.

I said from the start we massively overpaid based on his record.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jackson on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 4402 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Jackson on 20:46 - Aug 17 by ThatMuhrenCross

I think Jackson has been fairly decent on the whole this season. I agree we probably do need an alternative option, but from what I’ve seen he’s done well. He works hard and closes down a lot and his pace has caused problems for opposition defences. He won a penalty today, but could easily have had two against Sunderland. Jackson won’t be our main source of goals this season but he’s more than capable at this level and I think there’s a lot more to come as well.

We need him to chase balls like the p biro were playing today.
But then again we need someone to play the balls in the right area and not too hard!
Can we buy there front two?
Jackson on 20:58 - Aug 17 with 4385 viewssparks

Jackson on 20:56 - Aug 17 by BtreeBlueBlood

We need him to chase balls like the p biro were playing today.
But then again we need someone to play the balls in the right area and not too hard!
Can we buy there front two?

I think their left back would be good. madison would improve us. And their centre forward is more effective than Jackson...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 20:58 - Aug 17 with 4375 viewsyorkshire

I thought he had a decent game today - harried the defenders and also won the penalty

I'd like to see him an Norwood get a run going as they seem to work well together
Jackson on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 4222 viewsMrTown

I thought he was decent today, was one of few who looked lively in behind.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Jackson on 21:29 - Aug 17 with 4201 viewsStokieBlue

He played well today and PL is exactly right.

Perhaps you are trying to talk him down? Getting quite annoyed at this now, a few people have had a pop at Jackson today when he played well and overall better than Norwood.

Not entirely sure what match you were watching today.

SB
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 21:30]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson on 21:31 - Aug 17 with 4162 viewshaynes_toe1

Strikes me as a confidence player.

Important therefore that the manager backs him publically.
Jackson on 21:45 - Aug 17 with 4083 viewsitfc24

The guys out of his depth IMO, he is fair way of L1 status. He seems to struggle to read the bounce or flight of the ball on such a regular basis its frankly ridiculous.

Today was probably one of his better games but still no where near good enough he never really looks like, nor has the confidence to score. In hindsight, it might have been wise to have let him have the peno to try and boost his confidence.

To think we actually paid a fee for him, let alone a figure over 1.5m, pretty much sums us up. As someone above said he is the sort of player that is crying to be loaned out but obviously we have no one to replace him so that isn't going to happen.
Jackson on 22:51 - Aug 17 with 3919 viewsdirtyboy

Top work rate, will score goals, I would have said let him take the pen, both strikers bagging a goal would have been great for confidence.

He’ll be on the score sheet as soon as our full backs stop messing things up endlessly...
Jackson on 00:24 - Aug 18 with 3774 viewsJimmy86

The same Kayden Jackson who was scoring goals and linking up well with Norwood in Pre season?!

He is not a lone striker or wide man, but plays well as part of a front 2. We did over pay for him, but maybe give Accrington a bit of credit for holding out for a big fee for 1 of their better players.

Fact we sold waggy for 5 million still winds me up... in today's market he is worth more
Jackson on 00:31 - Aug 18 with 3756 viewsVaughan8

Jackson on 20:36 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

£1.6m, let that sink in.

Don’t say it

We were mugged there weren’t we? I think we all want him to start scoring but I just can’t see him getting say12-15 this season. I think we need another striker and have Jackson to bring on with his pace.
Jackson on 00:32 - Aug 18 with 3751 viewsOwainG1992

We could have had Kayden Jackson or Josh Windass....it was obvious at the time we made the wrong choice.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Jackson on 00:37 - Aug 18 with 3726 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson on 00:31 - Aug 18 by Vaughan8

Don’t say it

We were mugged there weren’t we? I think we all want him to start scoring but I just can’t see him getting say12-15 this season. I think we need another striker and have Jackson to bring on with his pace.

Rising to £2.2m depending on clauses being hit as well. Well and truly mugged off.

Jackson on 00:39 - Aug 18 with 3728 viewsVaughan8

Jackson on 00:37 - Aug 18 by Kieran_Knows

Rising to £2.2m depending on clauses being hit as well. Well and truly mugged off.

Please stop

Let’s hope the add ons relate to goal eh?
Jackson on 02:50 - Aug 18 with 3622 viewstextbackup

Playing it in the channels and Jackson looked a different player, playing it to his head made him look lost/bad.
PL needs to remember we all watched KJ be completely ineffective for 80mins with hoofs to his head.
Fair play to a manager for praise his players/s tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jackson on 08:37 - Aug 18 with 3366 viewsPositivelyPortman

Jackson on 00:37 - Aug 18 by Kieran_Knows

Give it a rest love ffs.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Jackson on 09:16 - Aug 18 with 3234 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson on 08:37 - Aug 18 by PositivelyPortman

Give it a rest love ffs.

Morning.

Jackson on 09:25 - Aug 18 with 3213 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Jackson on 02:50 - Aug 18 by textbackup

Playing it in the channels and Jackson looked a different player, playing it to his head made him look lost/bad.
PL needs to remember we all watched KJ be completely ineffective for 80mins with hoofs to his head.
Fair play to a manager for praise his players/s tho

This.
Just wanna see Kayden try to score instead of always going down.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 9:25]

Jackson on 09:26 - Aug 18 with 3205 viewsGeoffSentence

He was our most effective striker yesterday, his running and pace was giving them problems throughout, though still not really looking like he would score himself. I think the problem was that all we were doing was lumping the ball over the top for him to run onto. Generally that meant he had to deal with a bouncing ball when he got there and he does seem to have to think hard about controlling it. If only we had someone who could thread a through ball along the ground for him to run on to.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jackson on 10:32 - Aug 18 with 3099 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson on 09:25 - Aug 18 by LegendofthePhoenix

This.
Just wanna see Kayden try to score instead of always going down.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 9:25]

You mean going down when he was fouled?

You just seem to want to have a dig - it's clear from your opening post you didn't watch his performance very closely.

The moaning on here is out of control.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024