Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 20:27 - Aug 17 with 5093 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

PL: “I thought Jackson was excellent, I thought his running was excellent. Some really good things there, things we can work on, but it’s a decent start.”

Is PL trying to talk up Jackson to get his confidence level up? No doubt that Jackson is lightning quick, but that apart, there's nothing there for me. I thought he mistimed a few jumps, he runs upfield when a long ball is coming in hoping that the defenders miss it (which they don't), and his touch and interplay is always misplaced. Maybe he got away with that in L2 as the defences might be that much worse, but for me he still looks out of his depth in this League.
I think we desperately need a target man, Norwood would do so much alongside a big man who can win a few balls in the oppo box that are punted up. We just gave possession away every time that happened today.

Poll: would you rather

Jackson on 11:32 - Aug 18 with 441 viewsurbanblue

I just shared with a mate and rewatched the highlights of the Sunderland and Peterboro games one after another. It seemed Jackson was involved in most of our chances shown.

Just saying!
Jackson on 11:35 - Aug 18 with 438 viewsclive_baker

He’s out of his depth at this level, I think that much is obvious. He’s probably handy to have on the bench to bring on against tiring defences as he’s got ridiculous pace. He’s an athlete first and a footballer second. Genuinely there are technically better footballers in non league in East Anglia than him. But...he is rapid. It’s a shame really that he’s not better with the ball, and his touch is abysmal. The question is can he do a job until Sears comes back? Evans needs to go out and bring Murphy back on a short term deal until January IMO. If Norwood gets injured we’re absolutely fooked.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:39]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson on 11:45 - Aug 18 with 423 viewsLankHenners

Thing with Jackson is that whilst his pace is a big asset, we're not very good at making the most of it as we often end up doing what we did yesterday and keep lumping balls forward to see if they landed. When it does come off Jackson himself lacks the ability with his feet and decision making to get it right. I still think he can be useful but can see his biggest use being winning free kicks/the odd penalty by drawing a clumsy foul from behind if the opposition defence gets caught sitting too high up.

Would sacrifice him for a bigger target man type (Murphy, Leon Clarke etc.) to take the pressure off Norwood and allow him to get more sights at goal.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jackson on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 369 viewsmadmouse1959

Be good if Jackson could actually take a defender on. Be good if he could play a 1-2 and get himself in the danger zone. Be good if he could control the ball and find a killer pass, cross into the box or even a shot on goal.

Seen nothing that thinks he will score many goals in this team. It doesn,t help when the midfield spends more time chasing shadows and spreading the ball sideways. We need players who can avoid the middle of the park scrap and actually get forward.

League One football is where we are at.

shampoo dave

Jackson on 22:43 - Aug 18 with 329 viewsMaySixth

I agree with PL

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024