Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... 22:08 - Aug 17 with 7782 viewstextbackup

...so I’ll chuck in my thoughts.

Absolute dogsit. I saw MORE long balls from us today than in any MM game, and I mean that. I’ve no idea if the players are under this instruction or just thick, but number 5 and 6 for them won’t have an easier game, ever.

We hoofed it to Jackson and Norwood and them two didn’t have a hope in hell, wasn’t until the final 5mins that something changed and balls went in the channels for Jackson and he got a pen, freekick and matey got a yellow card. How has that been allowed to happen for 80/85mins before getting pulled up?

Our fullbacks were fcking terrible.

Skuse started a bit off the pace but ended up being very important in the middle, still PB found holes in us multiple times.

Their 17 is crap but caused chambers Kenlock and donacian so many issues, note able he stayed away from Wolf as knew he’d getting little success.

The subs were strange. Plan A wasn’t working at all, so Plan B was like for like subs and nothing changed.

Will take a point obviously. But I’d be extremely pissed if this week doesn’t bring 6 points in.

Town fans resorting to ‘champions of europe’ At 2-1 down to peterbourgh, I mean have a fcking word with yourselves.

I’d rate us as 3/10 today.

Edit, what is a gwoin Edwards?! He shouldn’t plays again for a very long tine
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 22:09]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 02:43 - Aug 18 with 2112 viewstextbackup

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 23:15 - Aug 17 by Garv

Have a word.

I didn't go, but your last few paragraphs are stupid.

Explain if you could?

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 06:57 - Aug 18 with 2049 viewsArnieM

I think the long balls that dominated our game yesterday , was a deliberate game plan to TRY and hit the space behind their defence for Jackson to exploit with his pace . Sometimes it worked , many times it didn’t . I had issues with the fact we didn’t change it when it clearly wasn’t working.

I would also add Jackson’s first touch, for me, is lacking and so Norwood was often feeding off scraps, leaving out most potent striker disarmed. Give Norwood the ball in the box and 9 times out of 10, I think he’d bury it. Except from the penalty spot !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 07:38 - Aug 18 with 1999 viewsyesjohn99

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 23:18 - Aug 17 by BLUEBEAT

They did.

But we won a cup too.

That made us champions of that cup competition.

The opposition were from other European countries.

That equates to being champions of Europe.

This is technically correct, so no need to get upset about it.

Ah I understand now.

Cup winners cup = champions of Europe
Intertoto Cup = champions of Europe
Anglo Italian Cup = champions of England and Italy simultaneously
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 07:53 - Aug 18 with 1980 viewsTractorWood

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 23:18 - Aug 17 by BLUEBEAT

They did.

But we won a cup too.

That made us champions of that cup competition.

The opposition were from other European countries.

That equates to being champions of Europe.

This is technically correct, so no need to get upset about it.

It's not about being technically correct it's about not looking tinpot.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:03 - Aug 18 with 1952 viewsyesjohn99

I wasn’t there but if your review is to be believed then I think it’s a good sign for the rest of the season.

Play so poorly yet still grab a draw away from home can only be looked on as a positive.

If points were awarded for support we’d be miles clear come May!
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:12 - Aug 18 with 1937 viewstextbackup

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 06:57 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

I think the long balls that dominated our game yesterday , was a deliberate game plan to TRY and hit the space behind their defence for Jackson to exploit with his pace . Sometimes it worked , many times it didn’t . I had issues with the fact we didn’t change it when it clearly wasn’t working.

I would also add Jackson’s first touch, for me, is lacking and so Norwood was often feeding off scraps, leaving out most potent striker disarmed. Give Norwood the ball in the box and 9 times out of 10, I think he’d bury it. Except from the penalty spot !

This is the thing mate, I’m no footballing purest, I love a long ball every now and then to catch a team out.
And had we gone long to the channels for 80mins without KJs speed I think we win that game, was just the sheer stupidity of aiming every ball to two giants heads that killed me yesterday

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:21 - Aug 18 with 1909 viewsBLUEBEAT

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 07:53 - Aug 18 by TractorWood

It's not about being technically correct it's about not looking tinpot.

Perhaps Ipswich fans shouldn’t sing about anything, then?

What with not having attained anything for fckng decades?

Maybe you should petition the clubs/fans concerning tinpottery and put an end to this embarrassing nonsense?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 8:24]

Poll: W or W

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:22 - Aug 18 with 1920 viewstextbackup

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:03 - Aug 18 by yesjohn99

I wasn’t there but if your review is to be believed then I think it’s a good sign for the rest of the season.

Play so poorly yet still grab a draw away from home can only be looked on as a positive.

If points were awarded for support we’d be miles clear come May!

Had that been MM in charge yesterday I’d have been on the texts saying he’s killed my love of football.
Honestly thought it wasn’t that bad for a large percentage of game.

But as you say, play that bad and get a draw is a positive

Login to get fewer ads

Well said..... on 09:10 - Aug 18 with 1854 viewsBloots

….we were total crap.

Disagree on Edwards though. Yes he was crap, but eclipsed by Kenlock in "How he fook do I earn a living playing football?" competition.

If the fans sing "Champions of Europe" again I'm going to get in touch with the club and ask them if they can take the team off the pitch due to "unacceptable chanting from sections of the crowd"

We've already been warned about anti social behaviour this week.

#mickout

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 09:25 - Aug 18 with 1829 viewsyesjohn99

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:21 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

Perhaps Ipswich fans shouldn’t sing about anything, then?

What with not having attained anything for fckng decades?

Maybe you should petition the clubs/fans concerning tinpottery and put an end to this embarrassing nonsense?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 8:24]

Bit extreme to not sing anything due to never winning the European Cup.
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 09:57 - Aug 18 with 1801 viewsBLUEBEAT

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 09:25 - Aug 18 by yesjohn99

Bit extreme to not sing anything due to never winning the European Cup.

Maybe you should produce a list of things Ipswich fans who attend matches can/can’t sing about.

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:02 - Aug 18 with 1797 viewstextbackup

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 09:57 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

Maybe you should produce a list of things Ipswich fans who attend matches can/can’t sing about.

DID you not cringe when 2-1 down to peterbourgh, when playing poorly, in league 1, that our only response was to sing about something most there didn’t even witness?

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 1788 viewsyesjohn99

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 09:57 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

Don’t think anybody needs to compile a list. Be proud of the past, just keep it truthful.
Well said..... on 10:27 - Aug 18 with 1768 viewsLankHenners

Well said..... on 09:10 - Aug 18 by Bloots

….we were total crap.

Disagree on Edwards though. Yes he was crap, but eclipsed by Kenlock in "How he fook do I earn a living playing football?" competition.

If the fans sing "Champions of Europe" again I'm going to get in touch with the club and ask them if they can take the team off the pitch due to "unacceptable chanting from sections of the crowd"

We've already been warned about anti social behaviour this week.

#mickout

The whole point of the 'champions of Europe/England', 'who are ya' etc. chants is that you're supposed to be punching up when doing it, not making yourselves look tinpot by doing it to some also-ran 3rd division club.

Perhaps more cringey were the people trying to start a 'we're the right side/left side over here' chant. In fact I blame them for us being so awful yesterday.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:37 - Aug 18 with 1751 viewsArnieM

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 08:12 - Aug 18 by textbackup

This is the thing mate, I’m no footballing purest, I love a long ball every now and then to catch a team out.
And had we gone long to the channels for 80mins without KJs speed I think we win that game, was just the sheer stupidity of aiming every ball to two giants heads that killed me yesterday

I absolutely agree with you. It clearly wasteotkig , downy didn’t we change it ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:50 - Aug 18 with 1736 viewsBLUEBEAT

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:02 - Aug 18 by textbackup

DID you not cringe when 2-1 down to peterbourgh, when playing poorly, in league 1, that our only response was to sing about something most there didn’t even witness?

That’s football. Learn to understand and (perhaps begrudgingly) accept it.

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:52 - Aug 18 with 1730 viewsBLUEBEAT

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:04 - Aug 18 by yesjohn99

Don’t think anybody needs to compile a list. Be proud of the past, just keep it truthful.

So they should change the lyrics to “Champions of the Union of European Football Associations Cup”?

Got a nice ring to it, it has to be said.

Thanks for the advice.

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 1712 viewsmidastouch

Never keen on too much long ball. There is a time and a place but you don't want to be getting repetitive neck injury watching a whole season of the stuff! I wonder if they thought long balls might bother their goalie after Kenlock pinged the long one that got fumbled that then led to Norwood's first goal. Sometimes if a goalie looks a bit flappy and uncertain in their handling the manager can give orders to test him with more high balls into the box. Can't say too much though as I wasn't even there as listened on the radio! Sounds like there was a lot of head tennis. Posh had a lovely looking pitch (saw a picture of it on Twitter just before the game and looked like a carpet!) so you would of liked to have thought we could of sprayed it around a lot more. The U23s last season were passing it around very nicely and I thought that was the style we were trying to move more towards with the first team. Although in League One you do need to be able to mix it up with the physical stuff but I'd like to think we can overcome teams with extra quality rather than extra muscle!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 15:51 - Aug 18 with 1619 viewsyesjohn99

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 10:52 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

So they should change the lyrics to “Champions of the Union of European Football Associations Cup”?

Got a nice ring to it, it has to be said.

Thanks for the advice.

No need for that either really.
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 1607 viewsclive_baker

Agree our fullbacks are absolute guff and the weak link. Not like we’ve known that for months though is it! Any team that has ambitions to play decent football needs footballing fullbacks, and we’re not blessed with any and haven’t been for a long while. Hopefully KVY proves to be just that, so half the problem could be solved. But Donacien & Kenlock aren’t good enough. Holy and Jackson also shouldn’t be starting IMO. For Tuesday I would go:

Norris
KVY
Chambers
Woolfenden
Donacien
Judge
Skuse
Downes
Dozzell
Rowe
Norwood
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 16:03]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:04 - Aug 18 with 1599 viewsStokieBlue

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 02:43 - Aug 18 by textbackup

Explain if you could?

Well 3/10 is clearly nonsense.

Played well in patches, less well in others but got a draw away from home against a promotion contender.

What exactly were you expecting? Us to knock them over 6-0 on their patch whilst playing them off the park?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:41 - Aug 18 with 1552 viewsbluejacko

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 22:53 - Aug 17 by yesjohn99

I find the ‘champions of europe’ song embarrassing. UEFA cup winners yes, champions of Europe no.

That’s the problem now isn’t it? Everything in the past,have achieved etc is embarrassing if you have the gall to actually be proud of it. Keep reminding other clubs that we have actually done something in our past I say and be bloody proud of it.
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:44 - Aug 18 with 1548 viewsBLUEBEAT

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 15:51 - Aug 18 by yesjohn99

No need for that either really.

So shouldn’t mention UEFA Cup at all.

Thanks for clarification.

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:48 - Aug 18 with 1539 viewsyesjohn99

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:41 - Aug 18 by bluejacko

That’s the problem now isn’t it? Everything in the past,have achieved etc is embarrassing if you have the gall to actually be proud of it. Keep reminding other clubs that we have actually done something in our past I say and be bloody proud of it.

I’m as equally proud as you of our past achievements, however we have never been champions of Europe. Winners of a very competitive UEFA cup though.
4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:49 - Aug 18 with 1534 viewsyesjohn99

4 trillion fans so probably been a few views of the game posted on here... on 16:44 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

So shouldn’t mention UEFA Cup at all.

Thanks for clarification.

No need for that really either. You’re a most extreme individual on this one ain’t you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024