Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? 07:56 - Aug 18 with 18115 viewsallezlesbleus

Police with tear gas, apparently
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:38 - Aug 18 with 4956 viewsTractorWood

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:29 - Aug 18 by strikalite

There were incidents around 11am at Ely where Norwich, Town and Geordies were all involved, so maybe this was the result of that...

I was at Ely and got on the 11:16. Lots of Town, a few Geordies, some Forest and few Nodge. I didn't see any trouble or even any signs of aggro.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:46 - Aug 18 with 4924 viewsclive_baker

One thing I’ve noticed over the years following Town, is that the more police are present, the braver people become. That applies to our fans and opposition, giving it the big un behind a row of police horses etc. Then you find that you turn down another road where police aren’t present and they become very quick to scurry away and less keen to call you a c*** as they had been a couple of minutes earlier. Funny that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:51 - Aug 18 with 4895 viewsstrikalite

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:38 - Aug 18 by TractorWood

I was at Ely and got on the 11:16. Lots of Town, a few Geordies, some Forest and few Nodge. I didn't see any trouble or even any signs of aggro.

Well I had a message from a mate who is a Geordie(lives Pboro)and said he was at Ely station and there was trouble, maybe it wasn't much then, I'll find out more when I see him..

Think Newcastle are a pretty pi$$ed off bunch right now, throw in some drink and a loss and a rubbish train journey I expect they'd be prepared to fight anyone..:/
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:52 - Aug 18 with 4890 viewsGeoffSentence

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 10:58 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

I presume those on the train wanted to help out those on the platform? Either way of we’re going to be involved in fights everywhere we go we’re going to be much loved by our opponents this year.

I didn't see any Town fans on the platform when the geordies arrived, everybody had squeezed on the train.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:59 - Aug 18 with 4836 viewspointofblue

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:52 - Aug 18 by GeoffSentence

I didn't see any Town fans on the platform when the geordies arrived, everybody had squeezed on the train.

So why didn’t the braindead morons just leave on the train and leave the Newcastle fans to it?

Wait, I answered my own question...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:07 - Aug 18 with 4785 viewsGeoffSentence

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 10:53 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

Maybe, from a Geordie perspective, the accents are difficult to tell apart (much like them and Sunderland, for us).

Don't think so. They didn't stumble across the Ipswich train by accident, it was the furthest from the station they had to go looking for it.

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:26 - Aug 18 with 4690 viewsgainsboroughblue

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:29 - Aug 18 by strikalite

There were incidents around 11am at Ely where Norwich, Town and Geordies were all involved, so maybe this was the result of that...

I do wonder if any of this was pre-arranged.

From past experience, I know that a particular element of Town fans usually surface for Peterborough away.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:55 - Aug 18 with 4598 viewslondontractorboy57

How the image of our once great club is being tainted.
Login to get fewer ads

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:57 - Aug 18 with 4598 viewsgainsboroughblue

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:55 - Aug 18 by londontractorboy57

How the image of our once great club is being tainted.

Hardly. These sorts of things happen all over the country every week.

No fan of of a club other than those involved probably have a clue it happened.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 12:57]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 13:16 - Aug 18 with 4537 viewsOxford_Blue

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 10:53 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

Maybe, from a Geordie perspective, the accents are difficult to tell apart (much like them and Sunderland, for us).

Are they colourblind too?
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 13:21 - Aug 18 with 4528 viewsITFC_Blood

Train from Norwich came in as we were waiting to go

Few Norwich fans got brave and town went for them

Same train had Newcastle who then joined in

Town fans then started singing Sunderland

BTP who wanted a fight all day steamed in heavy

Sprayed carriage with CS spray

Left us in town with no room to move for 1hr 20 min

BTP were a disgrace and wanted a fight

Suffolk police who where with us were disgusted by how they engaged in at times a fist fight

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 13:29 - Aug 18 with 4491 viewsstrikalite

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:57 - Aug 18 by gainsboroughblue

Hardly. These sorts of things happen all over the country every week.

No fan of of a club other than those involved probably have a clue it happened.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 12:57]

Exactly this, pockets of trouble everywhere, it's only now when you have phones and social media platforms do you really hear/see anything, it's never reported on TV or even papers unless it's really serious stuff..

Agree with Clive Baker too, the more Police are about the more protected most feel so kind of put on an act, all the young ones do this, it's nowhere near as bad as in the 80's, not a chance, no camera's then, fans knew they could get away with stuff as long as they could run and get away afterwards..
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 14:21 - Aug 18 with 4366 viewsmarkbrennansghost

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 10:58 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

I presume those on the train wanted to help out those on the platform? Either way of we’re going to be involved in fights everywhere we go we’re going to be much loved by our opponents this year.

I was on the train in question. There weren’t any Ipswich on the platform. We were all on the train. It was almost ready to leave when a train from Norwich turned up with Norwich and geordies on it. Some Ipswich in the train started to sing songs about Norwich and suddenly the train got rushed by geordies. There was then a battle between about 15 blokes in the train wanting to get out and 15 blokes wanting to get on With some police in the middle with batons stopping them. Pepper spray was sprayed onto the train (my ten year old was very close as were other bystanders who just wanted to get home).

Very mature behaviour from everyone involved.

The police said that the emergency button was broken and after an hour stuck on the train not being allowed to leave we were told the train was cancelled.

This after watching town fans scrap with each other in the ground was a great introduction to my son at his first away game.
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 14:47 - Aug 18 with 4297 viewsnoggin

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 14:21 - Aug 18 by markbrennansghost

I was on the train in question. There weren’t any Ipswich on the platform. We were all on the train. It was almost ready to leave when a train from Norwich turned up with Norwich and geordies on it. Some Ipswich in the train started to sing songs about Norwich and suddenly the train got rushed by geordies. There was then a battle between about 15 blokes in the train wanting to get out and 15 blokes wanting to get on With some police in the middle with batons stopping them. Pepper spray was sprayed onto the train (my ten year old was very close as were other bystanders who just wanted to get home).

Very mature behaviour from everyone involved.

The police said that the emergency button was broken and after an hour stuck on the train not being allowed to leave we were told the train was cancelled.

This after watching town fans scrap with each other in the ground was a great introduction to my son at his first away game.

Sad that your son had to witness such nonsense. Sadly, away games that are within an hour or two will always attract a few idiots.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 19:30 - Aug 18 with 3883 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 14:47 - Aug 18 by noggin

Sad that your son had to witness such nonsense. Sadly, away games that are within an hour or two will always attract a few idiots.

Town fans scrap with each in the ground? Really?

Sorry that's a reply to the above post!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 19:32]
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 19:34 - Aug 18 with 3844 viewsjaykay

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 12:26 - Aug 18 by gainsboroughblue

I do wonder if any of this was pre-arranged.

From past experience, I know that a particular element of Town fans usually surface for Peterborough away.

that dont surface often then

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 3377 viewsmarkbrennansghost

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 19:30 - Aug 18 by BrentwoodBlagger2

Town fans scrap with each in the ground? Really?

Sorry that's a reply to the above post!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 19:32]

Yes. It happened. We were near the guys from section 6 with the drum. Some young guys who may have had a shandy were moaning at our own players calling them a few choice words. A couple of other guys took exception to this. Before you know it punches were thrown. Stewards attended it calmed down for a bit then nearly kicked off again later the young guys then left early and missed chambers equaliser!

Karma???
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 14:22 - Aug 19 with 2741 viewsBlueSmuff

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 08:49 - Aug 18 by Basuco

Nothing before the 17:50 left, but with the two previous trains cancelled and only three coach's a large number of Town fans were left at the station when this very full train pulled out. But it appears from other posts below a train of nodge fans turned up and they caused trouble, with Newcastle fans joining in as well.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 8:50]

After having to endure one of the buses on the way up, my last minute decision to catch the 7.30 to Kings X was justified it seems - back in Ipswich just after 10. Had a chuckle listening to some Southend fans on their way back from Lincoln - they're filling one of the remaining relegation spots already!!
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 16:54 - Aug 19 with 2568 viewsBluesky

My wife thought the accent theory doesn't work because the Geordies would recognise the different colour shirts Blue v Yellow. I had to explain that Newcastle fans only do black and white.
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 16:56 - Aug 19 with 2559 viewsBluesky

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 11:24 - Aug 18 by bluejacko

Well I would have thought that the blue shirts not sick coloured would have been a massive clue!

Nah, the Geordies only do black and white.
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? (n/t) on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 2153 viewsRobTheSnob

What were Norwich doing at Peterborough anyway
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 11:37]
What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? (n/t) on 11:56 - Aug 20 with 2107 viewsGeoffSentence

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? (n/t) on 11:36 - Aug 20 by RobTheSnob

I am not sure they were there. I only saw one chap in Budgie colours, a doe eyed, gentle looking soul who was watching on from platform six with slow-witted interest.

The group that rushed the platform had a couple in Newcastle colour and I was ear-wigging some of the BTP conversations when we got kicked off the train and they only mentioned Newcastle fans.

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? (n/t) on 12:05 - Aug 20 with 2076 viewsITFC_Forever

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? (n/t) on 11:36 - Aug 20 by RobTheSnob

Budgies that live outside of Norfolk on their way home I would assume.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 17:39 - Sep 1 with 1754 viewsGeoffSentence

What happened at Peterborough station, after the match? on 10:00 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Don't forget your delay repay compensation claim.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Claimed and repaid. Thanks for the reminder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024