Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone feel a bit sorry for Norwood? 11:42 - Aug 18 with 765 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Feels like he’s being asked to link play from one box to the other with only one player (Jackson) close enough to pass to.

Not trying to be a negative in all of this, but I don’t feel like we’re using him to his strengths. I’m yet to see many create a clear cut chance for him where he’s been slipped through or there’s a well worked chance and he’s on the end of it.

Might get stick for this, but Norwich create a lot of clear chances for Pukki and 9/10 they end up in the net. Sorry to put a downer on a positive start, but a striker will only score goals if they get the right service.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:43]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Anyone feel a bit sorry for Norwood? on 11:52 - Aug 18 with 697 viewsN2_Blue

This isn't negative and I completely agree with you.
You can see Norwood is a goalscorer and will thrive on chances but we just don't create chances through creativity. We haven't for years.

Most of our chances come from mistakes, a high press or gradually wearing teams down by being direct.
I think Norwood will scores goals for us but without fullbacks who can cross or any of our midfield options hitting form and being on his wavelength i can see it being quite frustrating for him.

When did a forward last score a goal for us from a slide rule pass to run onto?Never see us score this type of goal.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:59]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone feel a bit sorry for Norwood? on 12:10 - Aug 18 with 627 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Anyone feel a bit sorry for Norwood? on 11:52 - Aug 18 by N2_Blue

This isn't negative and I completely agree with you.
You can see Norwood is a goalscorer and will thrive on chances but we just don't create chances through creativity. We haven't for years.

Most of our chances come from mistakes, a high press or gradually wearing teams down by being direct.
I think Norwood will scores goals for us but without fullbacks who can cross or any of our midfield options hitting form and being on his wavelength i can see it being quite frustrating for him.

When did a forward last score a goal for us from a slide rule pass to run onto?Never see us score this type of goal.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:59]

I think he will score goals, but it's a big ask to get near 20 if we don't create for him. His movement and finishing is probably of Championship quality, so we need to use it whilst we have him.

I know we've got injuries and a few of them can create a chance, but I'm still expecting more from Judge, Edwards and Rowe to create clear chances if we've got 2 strikers on the pitch.

We miss a ball carrying midfielder, the sooner Bishop returns the better and the fitter Huws gets, the more we need to see of him on the pitch. Nolan is another who can play a clever pass and carry the ball.

Whilst Skuse and Downes have been two of our best players along with Rowe, Jackson and Woolfenden, they're not the type of midfielders to make something happen, carry the ball or play that vertical pass that opens up the game.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024