Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to 13:16 - Aug 18 with 5627 viewsITFC_Blood

Firstly I’m no snow flake and been to hundreds of games

Yesterday the way the trains were handled was dangerous.

They were told time and time and yet they didn’t listen.

Kids, elderly and disabled fans were in carriages and couldn’t move.

It wasn’t safe and I decided for my sons safety to go via Cambridge home.

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 16:06 - Aug 18 with 1005 viewsDublinBlue84

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:48 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

There must be regulations on the maximum number of passengers that can safely be accommodated. Someone should be checking and enforcing it. I guess they no longer have a guard so who is doing so and what happens when they have oversold the service anyway?

Definitely complain - I would suggest the rail service, the office of rail and road https://orr.gov.uk/ and maybe copying the club and your MP in (depends a little on how good they are).

They cannot run longer trains on that line because of the fact that many of the stations on the route only have long enough platforms for at most three carriages of the current train types and having doors overhanging platforms is an obvious danger.

What they are doing in the future is introducing 4 carriage trains, with each carriage being shorter but the overall train being longer with strategically placed doors so whilst the train itself can overhang the platform, the doors won't.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 16:29 - Aug 18 with 965 viewsMugwump

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 16:06 - Aug 18 by DublinBlue84

They cannot run longer trains on that line because of the fact that many of the stations on the route only have long enough platforms for at most three carriages of the current train types and having doors overhanging platforms is an obvious danger.

What they are doing in the future is introducing 4 carriage trains, with each carriage being shorter but the overall train being longer with strategically placed doors so whilst the train itself can overhang the platform, the doors won't.

They could have added full length special direct trains though could they not?
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 16:41 - Aug 18 with 927 viewsDublinBlue84

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 16:29 - Aug 18 by Mugwump

They could have added full length special direct trains though could they not?

Problem is that line isn't electrified so they can only use the 2/3 carriage rural/local trains on it, not the longer electric ones that operate to London / Essex etc.

From what I was told at Ipswich they swapped the 2 carriage trains that normally operate Ipswich to Peterborough with the 3 carriages that normally operate Norwich to Cambridge for the day ad the extra train was made possible by running single car trains to Lowestoft from Ipswich instead of 3 cars.

Things should get better next year though with the new longer trains but hope to hell we are not down here again as we're promoted!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 16:47]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 16:43 - Aug 18 with 915 viewsbluelagos

FSA

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 18:39 - Aug 18 with 861 viewsGeoffSentence

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:11 - Aug 18 by Coastalblue

This happens every day on trains across the country, and I'm not just talking about commuter times.

My other half travelled from London to Edinburgh recently to visit family and had to stand for the entirety of the journey through England, despite booking a seat in advance.

What happened to her booked seat?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 19:45 - Aug 18 with 805 viewslondontractorboy57

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:17 - Aug 18 by Basuco

What we experienced yesterday was exactly the reason the railways were nationalised in 1948, history has proved that was the correct decision, the biggest shame is that Labour failed to re-nationalise it in 1997. I commuted to London for 5 years and delays and late cancelled trains happened all the time and probably still do.

I travel regularly by train now in the 70 and 80s i used to commute believe you me although not fantastic its 100% better now than then.
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 19:58 - Aug 18 with 794 viewsITFC_Forever

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 18:39 - Aug 18 by GeoffSentence

What happened to her booked seat?

Depends if it was a reserved seat, or just a ticket?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 12:52 - Aug 19 with 641 viewsFacefacts

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:45 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Peterborough come here on February 1st and will probably bring a good number - do you think Greater Anglia have the time to get a plan in place for then???

No plans. They will bring the full away allocation but are nowhere near ITFC as size of tradition/support/club. Not many will use trains.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024