Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line Up for Tuesday? 13:41 - Aug 18 with 4187 viewspointofblue

With Lambert loathing to play the younger players too many times whilst also suggesting the likes of Chambers or Skuse won't play every match this season I wonder whether we may see a refresh of the line up on Tuesday.

Saying that I expect the backline to stay the same, with possibly Wilson replacing Woolfenden on Saturday as long as Bolton haven't strengthened by then. I doubt Vincent-Young will be ready to start but could be on the bench.

I don't expect Edwards to start as he's still clearly rusty and three matches in a week will be too much. Unfortunately I suspect Judge will come in to replace him. Rowe to continue on the right but I wonder if Dozzell might replace Downes in the middle of the park, to give the latter a break and offer a touch more creativity? It'd also give Lambert the chance to rest Skuse at Bolton, perhaps playing Downes and Huws there.

So:

Holy
Donacien - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Rowe - Skuse - Dozzell - Judge
Norwood - Jackson

Not necessarily what I'd do but what I think could happen.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:41 - Aug 18 with 920 viewsMrTown

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:03 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

This is true but you look at the next 3 league games and you think that’s a very possible 9 points, so wouldn’t you want to put out your strongest side to build a firm foundation for the upcoming deluge of games?

I agree of course, I want 9 points, and if we are serious about going up 9 points is a must.

However I don’t look at my team and think bringing Huws, Judge and El Mizouni as weakening the team. I think we have a good squad, and in areas where we are strong in reserve we should use that.

I’m not talking about making wholesale changes, bringing in kids (Clements, Emmanuel, Ndaba) etc.

I’m talking about bringing in 3 international footballers in Judge, Huws and El Mizouni to ensure rotation and consistent freshness for what is going to be a gruelling season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:55 - Aug 18 with 905 viewsKeaneish

Don't see any reason to make to many changes but Edwards won't start so I'd like to slToberts get his first start in his natural position against weaker opposition and Judge in for Jackson to play behind Norwood.

Other than that, exactly the same unless Vincent-Young is fit.

Jackson, Edwards and Huws or El Miz from the bench should be more than enough to see 3 points and a good performance registered.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 19:30 - Aug 18 with 876 viewsGarv

I can see KVY starting and a diamond. If he is to be first choice I don't think PL will want to delay the inevitable.

Get Judge and Dozzell involved centrally, and keep both strikers and our two best players so far in Downes and Skuse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Line Up for Tuesday? on 19:42 - Aug 18 with 867 viewsMrTown

Line Up for Tuesday? on 19:30 - Aug 18 by Garv

I can see KVY starting and a diamond. If he is to be first choice I don't think PL will want to delay the inevitable.

Get Judge and Dozzell involved centrally, and keep both strikers and our two best players so far in Downes and Skuse.

Holy
KVY - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
–––––––- Skuse –––––––––––-
–- Downes –––––– Huws –––––
–––––––- Judge ––––––––––
––- Jackson –––– Norwood ––––

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 23:14 - Aug 18 with 846 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:04 - Aug 18 by Basuco

I think it could well be

Holy
Rowe - Skuse - Judge - El Mizouni
Norwood - Jackson

I feel that performance and effectiveness wise El Mizouni has moved ahead of Dozzell.

Diamond formation?
Line Up for Tuesday? on 23:49 - Aug 18 with 831 viewsParisBlue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 13:55 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

"a chance to rest..."

Why are we resting players 3 games into a season? We need to be making sure we win these games....

Also with no international breaks we only have 5 midweek league games (ignoring Xmas and Easter).

So the whole "Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday" doesn't really apply with 7 days rest between most games now. I doubt we'll see Skuse in the EFL trophy and it's unlikely we'll go on an FA Cup run.

Let's just go out and try to win every game with the best players available and not over-engineer the selections.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 00:06 - Aug 19 with 825 viewsipswichheritage

Line Up for Tuesday? on 23:49 - Aug 18 by ParisBlue

Also with no international breaks we only have 5 midweek league games (ignoring Xmas and Easter).

So the whole "Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday" doesn't really apply with 7 days rest between most games now. I doubt we'll see Skuse in the EFL trophy and it's unlikely we'll go on an FA Cup run.

Let's just go out and try to win every game with the best players available and not over-engineer the selections.

Norris

Wolf. Chambers. Wilson.

Edwards Skuse. Huws Rowe

Judge

Norwood

We’re playing a team of unknowns. And relegation garbage. Anything less than 3-0 is an embarrassment.
Line Up for Tuesday? on 00:10 - Aug 19 with 823 viewsParisBlue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 00:06 - Aug 19 by ipswichheritage

Norris

Wolf. Chambers. Wilson.

Edwards Skuse. Huws Rowe

Judge

Norwood

We’re playing a team of unknowns. And relegation garbage. Anything less than 3-0 is an embarrassment.

Agreed...but fielding only 10 players might be considered over confidence...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Line Up for Tuesday? on 00:21 - Aug 19 with 810 viewsipswichheritage

Line Up for Tuesday? on 00:10 - Aug 19 by ParisBlue

Agreed...but fielding only 10 players might be considered over confidence...

Ha - Downes was meant to be in there..!
Line Up for Tuesday? on 00:41 - Aug 19 with 800 viewspablovian

I would not rest Downes, who can be a dominant player against this class of opposition. Dozzell has vision, but fades in and out of games, and is less well suited to the physicality of third division football.
Line Up for Tuesday? on 05:36 - Aug 19 with 768 viewsharlingblue

Always play your best team, league or cup, if a player gets injured, replace him, keep the team balanced. Stop this chopping and changing. Choose the formation of the team and stick to it.
Line Up for Tuesday? on 09:37 - Aug 19 with 726 viewsFPL_Tractor

Line Up for Tuesday? on 05:36 - Aug 19 by harlingblue

Always play your best team, league or cup, if a player gets injured, replace him, keep the team balanced. Stop this chopping and changing. Choose the formation of the team and stick to it.

But the best team isn’t the same 11 each time. Can Luke Chambers or Cole Skuse play every match and be at their best (or good enough to warrant their place). Jackson’s game is about pace, can he be sharp for every fixture? It’s great that Downes, Kenlock and Woolfenden are playing consistently but just occasionally they might well need taking out for their own good for a game or two (if you’re of an age to remember how GB nurtured Kieron Dyer you’ll remember him doing that).

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 10:07 - Aug 19 with 712 viewsWestcountryblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 19:42 - Aug 18 by MrTown

Holy
–––––––- Skuse –––––––––––-
–- Downes –––––– Huws –––––
–––––––- Judge ––––––––––
––- Jackson –––– Norwood ––––

I'd be happy with that.

I think we just need to keep the faith with Jackson. A couple of goals would do his confidence a world of good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024