Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line Up for Tuesday? 13:41 - Aug 18 with 4140 viewspointofblue

With Lambert loathing to play the younger players too many times whilst also suggesting the likes of Chambers or Skuse won't play every match this season I wonder whether we may see a refresh of the line up on Tuesday.

Saying that I expect the backline to stay the same, with possibly Wilson replacing Woolfenden on Saturday as long as Bolton haven't strengthened by then. I doubt Vincent-Young will be ready to start but could be on the bench.

I don't expect Edwards to start as he's still clearly rusty and three matches in a week will be too much. Unfortunately I suspect Judge will come in to replace him. Rowe to continue on the right but I wonder if Dozzell might replace Downes in the middle of the park, to give the latter a break and offer a touch more creativity? It'd also give Lambert the chance to rest Skuse at Bolton, perhaps playing Downes and Huws there.

So:

Holy
Donacien - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Rowe - Skuse - Dozzell - Judge
Norwood - Jackson

Not necessarily what I'd do but what I think could happen.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 13:48 - Aug 18 with 3175 viewsMrTown

Would be making changes, against a team who have hit 1 point in the opening 3 games. A team who have finished 17th and 20th in the last 2 seasons, its a chance to freshen the squad, get different players in the rhythm of gamete, its going to crucial throughout the season.

For me:

Holy
Donacien - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Skuse - Huws
Rowe - Judge - El Mizouni
Norwood

Subs:
Norris
Downes
Edwards
Dozzell
Jackson
Wilson
Dobra

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 13:55 - Aug 18 with 3147 viewsITFCBlues

"a chance to rest..."

Why are we resting players 3 games into a season? We need to be making sure we win these games....

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:04 - Aug 18 with 3116 viewsBasuco

I think it could well be

Holy
KVY - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Rowe - Skuse - Judge - El Mizouni
Norwood - Jackson

I feel that performance and effectiveness wise El Mizouni has moved ahead of Dozzell.
Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:08 - Aug 18 with 3095 viewspointofblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 13:55 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

"a chance to rest..."

Why are we resting players 3 games into a season? We need to be making sure we win these games....

It's about managing the squad throughout the season, whether we're one match, ten matches or forty matches in. I highly doubt Skuse needs a rest at this stage but it might help him further down the line.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:11 - Aug 18 with 3086 viewsITFCBlues

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:08 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

It's about managing the squad throughout the season, whether we're one match, ten matches or forty matches in. I highly doubt Skuse needs a rest at this stage but it might help him further down the line.

Then later down the line we consider resting him. We don't weaken the side for the hell of it. We need to make sure we win these next three games to gain some momentum

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:15 - Aug 18 with 3068 viewspointofblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:11 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Then later down the line we consider resting him. We don't weaken the side for the hell of it. We need to make sure we win these next three games to gain some momentum

If we wait until Skuse needs a rest it could come in a match where we could really do with him, such as the trip to Fratton Park.

If we need Skuse in the line up to beat Bolton in their current state then our issues lay deeper than anyone of us currently think.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:44 - Aug 18 with 3012 viewsMrTown

Line Up for Tuesday? on 13:55 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

"a chance to rest..."

Because it’s about managing the squad, and the squad will be as important to us this season as it ever has been.

Even if it’s not about resting players, see it as a chance to get others players up to speed. We will need rotation throughout the whole season.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:53 - Aug 18 with 2982 viewsITFCBlues

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:44 - Aug 18 by MrTown

Because it’s about managing the squad, and the squad will be as important to us this season as it ever has been.

Even if it’s not about resting players, see it as a chance to get others players up to speed. We will need rotation throughout the whole season.

You don't get other players up to speed in league games. What if we "get other players up to speed" in these games and drop points?

You can make 11 changes in all the cup games. That's where you use your squad. I didn't see Norwich resting any players last season. They pretty much had the same side all season

Login to get fewer ads

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:57 - Aug 18 with 2974 viewsFPL_Tractor

I think most will play on Tuesday, as Saturday could be our chance to rotate. Edwards surely won’t be able to start, KVY on the bench I guess. The other one is Jackson who relies on pace so might not be as effective. Here’s my guess

Holy

Donacien Chambers Woolfenden Kenlock

Skuse Downes

Rowe Judge El Mizouni

Norwood

Subs: Norris, KVY, Wilson, Huws, Dobra, Roberts, Jackson.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:58 - Aug 18 with 2972 viewspointofblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:53 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

You don't get other players up to speed in league games. What if we "get other players up to speed" in these games and drop points?

You can make 11 changes in all the cup games. That's where you use your squad. I didn't see Norwich resting any players last season. They pretty much had the same side all season

Only four players started more than 40 games - Krul, Pukki, Lewis and Aarons.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:06 - Aug 18 with 2944 viewsITFCBlues

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:58 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Only four players started more than 40 games - Krul, Pukki, Lewis and Aarons.

That's probably because they didn't know their best side at the start of the season. When they did, I didn't see Buendia dropping in and out or Pukki. In fact, none of them did. You'd say from Xmas onwards, they had a settled side.

We're just not in a position to rest players after three games when, if we don't beat Wimbledon for example, the athompshere starts to turn toxic.

Plus, there still might be an international break in 2 weeks time? Rest players then...

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 2940 viewsBLUEBEAT

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:57 - Aug 18 by FPL_Tractor

I think most will play on Tuesday, as Saturday could be our chance to rotate. Edwards surely won’t be able to start, KVY on the bench I guess. The other one is Jackson who relies on pace so might not be as effective. Here’s my guess

Holy

Donacien Chambers Woolfenden Kenlock

Skuse Downes

Rowe Judge El Mizouni

Norwood

Subs: Norris, KVY, Wilson, Huws, Dobra, Roberts, Jackson.

Yeah I like the look of that but maybe with Huws instead of Judge.

Poll: W or W

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:13 - Aug 18 with 2923 viewspointofblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:07 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

Yeah I like the look of that but maybe with Huws instead of Judge.

I’d quite like that too - if we’re playing with a ten we should probably start Judge over Downes/Huws though.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:13 - Aug 18 with 2923 viewsGerkensBeard

I think KVY starts Tuesday. He’s fit and ready. I’m sure his toe will be fine.

––––––––-Holy–––––––-
KVY––-Woolf–––-Chambers––-Kenlock

–––––Skuse––Huws––Downes–––––-

Rowe–––––-Norwood––––-Judge
Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:21 - Aug 18 with 2901 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:06 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

That's probably because they didn't know their best side at the start of the season. When they did, I didn't see Buendia dropping in and out or Pukki. In fact, none of them did. You'd say from Xmas onwards, they had a settled side.

We're just not in a position to rest players after three games when, if we don't beat Wimbledon for example, the athompshere starts to turn toxic.

Plus, there still might be an international break in 2 weeks time? Rest players then...

Also, players need to earn their place in the team. Match fitness can be gained in U23 matches.

When we have weakened teams in cup matches it has never worked out for us. Keane's random squad rotation system was a disaster. Get a settled team playing well and stick with them save for a severe drop in form, injury, suspension or a real need for a rest. When Portsmouth away is clearly approaching and Skuse is clearly struggling, then rest him for the rearranged Bury match a few days before but not 4 months in advance of it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:51 - Aug 18 with 2854 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:13 - Aug 18 by GerkensBeard

I think KVY starts Tuesday. He’s fit and ready. I’m sure his toe will be fine.

––––––––-Holy–––––––-
KVY––-Woolf–––-Chambers––-Kenlock

–––––Skuse––Huws––Downes–––––-

Rowe–––––-Norwood––––-Judge

Lambert said he won't play

KVY that is

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:00 - Aug 18 with 2830 viewsSitfcB

Line Up for Tuesday? on 15:51 - Aug 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

Lambert said he won't play

KVY that is

No he didn’t.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:01 - Aug 18 with 2828 viewsMrTown

Line Up for Tuesday? on 14:53 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

There is no point in having a squad if you don’t utilise them or don’t trust them.

My team doesn’t suggest 11 changes, it’s 3 changes, so instantly your point falls flat.

100% there were times Norwich made 3 changes playing Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday last year.

To think we should just play the same 11 every week and not utilise the squad at the right opportunities is incredibly naive.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 2817 viewsITFCBlues

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:01 - Aug 18 by MrTown

There is no point in having a squad if you don’t utilise them or don’t trust them.

My team doesn’t suggest 11 changes, it’s 3 changes, so instantly your point falls flat.

100% there were times Norwich made 3 changes playing Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday last year.

To think we should just play the same 11 every week and not utilise the squad at the right opportunities is incredibly naive.

You're right, of course. But not after 3 games.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:48 - Aug 18 with 2745 viewspointofblue

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:02 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Ignoring the rest debate is the current line up and formation getting the best out of the players and the team as a whole? In all three games so far we’ve started brilliantly and then worryingly faded.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:57 - Aug 18 with 2716 viewsMrTown

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:02 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

After how many games is irrelevant. We know it’s a long season, so opportunities to rest certain, bring other players in is the key factor.

Its about knowing the long season ahead, planning accordingly and not just go game by game.

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:03 - Aug 18 with 2693 viewsBLUEBEAT

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:57 - Aug 18 by MrTown

After how many games is irrelevant. We know it’s a long season, so opportunities to rest certain, bring other players in is the key factor.

Its about knowing the long season ahead, planning accordingly and not just go game by game.

This is true but you look at the next 3 league games and you think that’s a very possible 9 points, so wouldn’t you want to put out your strongest side to build a firm foundation for the upcoming deluge of games?

Poll: W or W

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:08 - Aug 18 with 2687 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Up for Tuesday? on 16:00 - Aug 18 by SitfcB

No he didn’t.

I think he did. He was asked if he had any chance for Saturday he said no and then Brenner followed up saying is he pencilled in for Tuesday and he said "no no no"

He may have been playing it cool, but he would only have one training session with the team on Monday, so unlikely to feature.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:14 - Aug 18 with 2665 viewsSitfcB

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:08 - Aug 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think he did. He was asked if he had any chance for Saturday he said no and then Brenner followed up saying is he pencilled in for Tuesday and he said "no no no"

He may have been playing it cool, but he would only have one training session with the team on Monday, so unlikely to feature.

He says Vincent-Young could be involved on Tuesday if he is fit: “I don’t know, we’ll try him tomorrow, see how that toe is.”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Line Up for Tuesday? on 17:30 - Aug 18 with 2621 viewsVaughan8

We need to get back to winning ways so play the strongest team. If we're comfortably winning we can "rest" 3 players later on in the game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024