Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mcgoldrick 14:11 - Aug 18 with 8339 viewsJimmy86

Still smell a rat regarding Didz!! A player who was injured the majority of his time whilst at the club, is then released, joins Sheffield United and goes the whole season without any injuries at all, coincidence? Or was there more to it? Always seemed so physically fragile...
Mcgoldrick on 14:13 - Aug 18 with 7582 viewspointofblue

Maybe another example of questions being asked of our physio team. How can a player go from continuously injured to ever present?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mcgoldrick on 14:15 - Aug 18 with 7552 viewsJimmy86

Mcgoldrick on 14:13 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Maybe another example of questions being asked of our physio team. How can a player go from continuously injured to ever present?

That was pretty much my point, spose some of it could also be attributed to the style of play. Our ball retention was so poor under Mick and we were having to work so hard as a result of not having the ball.

Fact is we still have this injury curse now seemingly. Don't know what's behind it
Mcgoldrick on 14:24 - Aug 18 with 7491 viewsBasuco

With his family living in Nottingham he was spending a lot of time driving to and from and his warm up / stretching was minimal, so no injury surprise to me
Mcgoldrick on 14:28 - Aug 18 with 7468 viewsGuthrum

Mcgoldrick on 14:15 - Aug 18 by Jimmy86

That was pretty much my point, spose some of it could also be attributed to the style of play. Our ball retention was so poor under Mick and we were having to work so hard as a result of not having the ball.

Fact is we still have this injury curse now seemingly. Don't know what's behind it

He only played practically the whole game (85+ minutes) in half the fixtures last season. Sometimes he was doing 45 minutes or even less. So perhaps being used more carefully than we did/were able to.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 14:29]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mcgoldrick on 14:36 - Aug 18 with 7406 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mcgoldrick on 14:28 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

He only played practically the whole game (85+ minutes) in half the fixtures last season. Sometimes he was doing 45 minutes or even less. So perhaps being used more carefully than we did/were able to.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 14:29]

Also, if you see the Loovens "challenge" on him early in his last season with us, it might explain some of his struggle for fitness for some time.

There is clearly (or has been) some issue with getting players fit consistently, though. As many more than McGoldrick alone testify to. It isn't just the ones we sign cheap because of problems but the ones who have come through our academy too. It needs to be sorted out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mcgoldrick on 14:45 - Aug 18 with 7346 viewsJimmy86

Mcgoldrick on 14:36 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Also, if you see the Loovens "challenge" on him early in his last season with us, it might explain some of his struggle for fitness for some time.

There is clearly (or has been) some issue with getting players fit consistently, though. As many more than McGoldrick alone testify to. It isn't just the ones we sign cheap because of problems but the ones who have come through our academy too. It needs to be sorted out.

Don't know whether it the treatment we give them or whether we try and rush them back, lot of our players seem to see the best people in their particular field though, down in London or whatever, so it is strange. Matt Byard has been recognised as a decent physio in the game, so don't understand it
Mcgoldrick on 14:46 - Aug 18 with 7339 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I really don't understand the suspicions. His injuries were obviously and visibly real. He no longer has a mental commute. Players do come back and play a season of football. Why would anyone ever sign a player who has had an injury before if it has to be a conspiracy when they come back.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Mcgoldrick on 15:02 - Aug 18 with 7242 viewspointofblue

Mcgoldrick on 14:46 - Aug 18 by Terry_Nutkins

I really don't understand the suspicions. His injuries were obviously and visibly real. He no longer has a mental commute. Players do come back and play a season of football. Why would anyone ever sign a player who has had an injury before if it has to be a conspiracy when they come back.

It wasn't AN injury in McGoldrick's case though - it was knock after issue after problem the whole time he was here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Mcgoldrick on 15:22 - Aug 18 with 7163 viewsActionMan

Mcgoldrick on 15:02 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

It wasn't AN injury in McGoldrick's case though - it was knock after issue after problem the whole time he was here.

Because teams knew once he was out half our creativity was gone with him.
Mcgoldrick on 15:29 - Aug 18 with 7130 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mcgoldrick on 15:22 - Aug 18 by ActionMan

Maybe also we played him before he was fully recovered and that puts extra stress on other areas of the body.

Sometimes injuries may not be completely accurately reported too so that opposition are not targeting the area of the body that is vulnerable on their return.

Mcgoldrick on 16:05 - Aug 18 with 7002 viewsPendejo

Mcgoldrick on 15:29 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe also we played him before he was fully recovered and that puts extra stress on other areas of the body.

Sometimes injuries may not be completely accurately reported too so that opposition are not targeting the area of the body that is vulnerable on their return.

Witness MKD away a few years ago, brought on as sub when clearly not fit.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mcgoldrick on 16:10 - Aug 18 with 6980 viewsRyorry

Mcgoldrick on 15:29 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

The barstewards!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mcgoldrick on 16:26 - Aug 18 with 6911 viewsbraveblue

No place for a player like Didz with the type of football MM prefers.

He has been taken care of and plays as a striker with decent supply. Shows you how poorly we have been run.
Mcgoldrick on 16:44 - Aug 18 with 6813 viewsJimmy86

Mcgoldrick on 16:05 - Aug 18 by Pendejo

Witness MKD away a few years ago, brought on as sub when clearly not fit.

Even the sky commentators said he looked like he was running through treacle... I often thought his gait and his running style didnt look that of a natural athlete
Mcgoldrick on 18:04 - Aug 18 with 6616 viewsBlueBadger

Mcgoldrick on 16:26 - Aug 18 by braveblue

No place for a player like Didz with the type of football MM prefers.

He has been taken care of and plays as a striker with decent supply. Shows you how poorly we have been run.

Show us on the doll where the bad Yorkshireman said at bad word at a football match at you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mcgoldrick on 19:52 - Aug 18 with 6305 viewsITFC_Forever

Mcgoldrick on 15:22 - Aug 18 by ActionMan

Half?

Try 99%.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mcgoldrick on 21:39 - Aug 18 with 6050 viewsOldsmoker

Mcgoldrick on 14:15 - Aug 18 by Jimmy86

Could it be our training pitch?
Too springy or too hard.
A style of play where the other team has the majority of possession and the midfielders are just chasing the ball suits athletes not footballers.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Mcgoldrick on 21:44 - Aug 18 with 6026 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mcgoldrick on 21:39 - Aug 18 by Oldsmoker

Could it be our training pitch?
Too springy or too hard.
A style of play where the other team has the majority of possession and the midfielders are just chasing the ball suits athletes not footballers.

The style of play thing may well help then, isn't Lambert moving to a more possession-based style or is that just his PR? That is also going to be easier in a league where we are one of the bigger clubs too.

Mcgoldrick on 21:46 - Aug 18 with 6018 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Mcgoldrick on 14:36 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe it's time that clubs should be able to claim damages if a player is injured through a bad challenge, to compensate them for the length of time the player takes to fully recover. It might make teams clamp down on dirty play, and possibly recover some of the damages from the player who made the bad challenge.

Poll: would you rather

Mcgoldrick on 21:49 - Aug 18 with 5997 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mcgoldrick on 21:46 - Aug 18 by LegendofthePhoenix

Maybe it's time that clubs should be able to claim damages if a player is injured through a bad challenge, to compensate them for the length of time the player takes to fully recover. It might make teams clamp down on dirty play, and possibly recover some of the damages from the player who made the bad challenge.

Whether that tends to happen or not, the failure of the referee to punish Loovens and no retrospective action taken would mean that would never have applied in that case (ridiculous as it is).

Mcgoldrick on 22:58 - Aug 18 with 5839 viewsArnieM

Mcgoldrick on 14:13 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

.... or maybe McGoldricks comments after leaving Town tell the real story.

He states that there was ( under the cloth cap fool), never any expectations placed on
Players to go out a be winners for the team , ( unlike at Blades), where he states there is real pressure to perform to your very best week week out or you’re out.

At Town he knew he would get his place back in the team as soon as he was fit to play. He wasn’t under any pressure to get fit or remain fit . Life was “easy going”. Etc etc So what incentive did he ever have to put himself out to get in the team . It was assured just by turning up for training.

I’m not sure you can blame the medical team because this has tended to change with each managers backroom staff , bar the Club Doctor . So are all the medical teams getting it wrong?

I think it’s more to do with recruitment of injury prone players. And potentially the training / fitness regimes ( given the number of youngsters picking up injuries ) .

Whatever the reason I hope the investigation ordered by Lambert will throw some light on this problem because it’s seriously hampering the Club’s ability to compete in the division .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mcgoldrick on 23:08 - Aug 18 with 5811 viewsStNeotsBlue

Mcgoldrick on 21:46 - Aug 18 by LegendofthePhoenix

This is mental, football is a contact game, injuries, fouls happen. No need to go down the VAR route for deciding if an injury was caused from intent or accidentally.
Mcgoldrick on 09:49 - Aug 19 with 5405 viewsrosseden

Mcgoldrick on 14:24 - Aug 18 by Basuco

With his family living in Nottingham he was spending a lot of time driving to and from and his warm up / stretching was minimal, so no injury surprise to me

he lives down my road and i often bump into him, i asked him not long after he left how was it at the blades, and he said that the 40 mins in the car to get to training now was worlds apart from commuting to ipswich and had made a huge difference to him

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Mcgoldrick on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 5302 viewsBlueBlood90

I can't believe people say that he was injured because he used to drive a long distance from Nottingham hahaha I drive similar distances every week, if not further, and I have NEVER been injured from being sat on my backside driving a car.

He just couldn't be bothered to play for a mid table team. Thought he was too good for it.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Mcgoldrick on 10:39 - Aug 19 with 5272 viewschicoazul

Mcgoldrick on 14:46 - Aug 18 by Terry_Nutkins

HE didn't have a commute! He lived in Ipswich when he was here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024