Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The support is inspiring. The narrative 16:50 - Aug 18 with 2249 viewsCoco

around the club is changing and that WILL change performances, recruitment etc but it will take time. There is no over night solution at the club, the problems are twenty years matured but If we keep up the levels of support and positivity the success will come. Being part of and seeing the support is a genuine feel-good. Keep doing our bit.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 16:58 - Aug 18 with 2188 views66notout

You may well be right - and I sincerely hope you are - but I remain unconvinced that the sought-after improvement will occur during Lambert’s watch. Nothing happened yesterday, when I felt we were fortunate to escape with an undeserved point, to convince me otherwise.
I heard Kieron Dyer being interviewed on BBC Radio Suffolk while I was en route to Peterborough and he appeared to have similar doubts over the manager.
The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:22 - Aug 18 with 2115 viewsCoco

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 16:58 - Aug 18 by 66notout

You may well be right - and I sincerely hope you are - but I remain unconvinced that the sought-after improvement will occur during Lambert’s watch. Nothing happened yesterday, when I felt we were fortunate to escape with an undeserved point, to convince me otherwise.
I heard Kieron Dyer being interviewed on BBC Radio Suffolk while I was en route to Peterborough and he appeared to have similar doubts over the manager.

I understand the doubts over his record but he is doing a fine job sorting out the foundations on which to build. Ultimately Evans is the problem.

Surprised to hear that about Dyer, what exactly did he say?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:27 - Aug 18 with 2090 viewsBLUEBEAT

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:22 - Aug 18 by Coco

I understand the doubts over his record but he is doing a fine job sorting out the foundations on which to build. Ultimately Evans is the problem.

He is the dream PR machine after the previous manager but I do have concerns over his tactical strategies i.e. he never seems to have a Plan B...

Poll: W or W

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:28 - Aug 18 with 2085 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing wrong with praising the support and mood, as both have been good. They won’t bring success though - only getting the right players in the door and getting the best out of them will do that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:29 - Aug 18 with 2082 viewsJ2BLUE

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:22 - Aug 18 by Coco

As good as the support is, it's not going to add a couple of zeroes to the transfer budget.

No one else has mentioned the Dyer interview so i'd be wary of believing that he has doubts. Probably worth listening to for ourselves.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:36 - Aug 18 with 2056 viewsclive_baker

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:27 - Aug 18 by BLUEBEAT

He is the dream PR machine after the previous manager but I do have concerns over his tactical strategies i.e. he never seems to have a Plan B...

He strikes me as really naive tactically, I really don’t think that’s Lambert’s strength and I hope he has the support he needs in that regard. A lot of his previous success was credited to Culverhouse, and that might well be true. I don’t know the ins and outs of their falling out at Villa but it was all a little dodgy. I like Lambert, he’s definitely got it right in terms of the PR and getting the fans onside and we’ve seen the impact of that on attendances. I like his recruitment too really, he’s sold well and identified the right areas to strengthen, as well as clearly selling the project well to Norwood. I like that he’s shown a willingness to give the kids a chance and hope to see more of that. Personnel isn’t really the issue on the field, but I do still feel that we’re lacking a clear tactical identity under Lambert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:38 - Aug 18 with 2034 viewsReuser_is_God

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:36 - Aug 18 by clive_baker

He strikes me as really naive tactically, I really don’t think that’s Lambert’s strength and I hope he has the support he needs in that regard. A lot of his previous success was credited to Culverhouse, and that might well be true. I don’t know the ins and outs of their falling out at Villa but it was all a little dodgy. I like Lambert, he’s definitely got it right in terms of the PR and getting the fans onside and we’ve seen the impact of that on attendances. I like his recruitment too really, he’s sold well and identified the right areas to strengthen, as well as clearly selling the project well to Norwood. I like that he’s shown a willingness to give the kids a chance and hope to see more of that. Personnel isn’t really the issue on the field, but I do still feel that we’re lacking a clear tactical identity under Lambert.

If Culverhouse is such a tactical genius why is he at Kings Lynn?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:39 - Aug 18 with 2017 viewsclive_baker

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:38 - Aug 18 by Reuser_is_God

Because he’s a c***.

Allegedly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:40 - Aug 18 with 2017 viewsJ2BLUE

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:38 - Aug 18 by Reuser_is_God

This is it. These 'man behind the manager' stories are very frequent in football. It seems that it only takes one person to come out with something like that and then it's repeated as gospel. It might be true but equally it might well be BS. It was a thankless job last season. This season we still have players coming back from injury and probably don't know our best 11. Lets see if we still have the same concerns in six months.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 18:52 - Aug 18 with 1814 viewsGarv

What did Dyer say to suggest that?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 20:10 - Aug 18 with 1654 viewsGuthrum

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:29 - Aug 18 by J2BLUE

As good as the support is, it's not going to add a couple of zeroes to the transfer budget.

No one else has mentioned the Dyer interview so i'd be wary of believing that he has doubts. Probably worth listening to for ourselves.

But it might make the club that much more of an attractive place for potential transfers to think they want to come. On a 50/50 call, could tip the balance our way.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 20:55 - Aug 18 with 1533 viewsOxford_Blue

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 17:36 - Aug 18 by clive_baker

Don’t think he’s naive. He’s a pretty experienced manager.

The fact is he doesn’t have a particularly good team.
The support is inspiring. The narrative on 22:46 - Aug 18 with 1364 viewsArnieM

I’m reading posts via my iPhone and I’ve just seen “ abuse reported” against your post . I’m not sure if it was me that touched that abuse triangle but if it was I apologise because it was unintentional !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 22:49 - Aug 18 with 1358 viewseddiespearitt03

The support is inspiring. The narrative on 20:55 - Aug 18 by Oxford_Blue

Don’t think he’s naive. He’s a pretty experienced manager.

The fact is he doesn’t have a particularly good team.

Exactly. You can only work with the tools provided. Should of finally got shot of the "click" at this club.

We just don,t have players who can command their position and still contribute going forward. It seems some players only have so much ability. Peterborough turned it up a bit in the second half and we looked a very, very ordinary team. If teams like Wimbledon can turn us over, then what other excuses can we come up with. We have to find our best settled team and the best 4 outfield subs that can ignite a spark, asap.
The support is inspiring. The narrative on 23:27 - Aug 18 with 1308 viewsitfcbam

We are slowly going back to the old Ipswich way. It won't happen overnight, firstly the supporters are reconnecting with the club, PL is the main architect behind this. We are also going back to developing youth, tbh MM started that by getting Klug back to the club. We are starting to see some of these players coming through now. We have never been a rich club and always had to rely on selling 1 or 2 at end of season to "balance the books". With the right development of players they will be replaced from within. Mot an easy road to get us back competing in the Champ but the initial shoots are there. PL might only take us so far but he IS doing a great job in slowly bringing the club back together and placing the seeds for the future.
There is a long road ahead but plenty of hope. The most important thing is the club is coming back together slowly
The support is inspiring. The narrative on 22:36 - Aug 20 with 959 viewsCoco

Quoted by the three new signings today and by Sir Mick on the radio. Keep up the top work, it’s genuinely making a massive difference. COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024