Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough 18:45 - Aug 18 with 5374 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evening lads. Say here watching the cricket and thought I’d whack in a quick report since I had forgot to do one for Burton.

Went yesterday with my brother and had a terrible feeling we would lose 2-1. In fact, I predicted on here that score with Norwood forest scorer. We left sunny Romford at 9:15 armed with Bulmers, Kopparburgs and Fosters (he drank Fosters the weirdo) for the train up. Train tickets printed, oysters topped up and on we go. Of course, we missed the train by about 4 seconds so had to wait for the next one 8 minutes later. Right... let’s crack open a cider. I couldn’t help but notice a woman nearby staring at us as if we were the two teenage girls 20 yards away holding two pro-veganism cardboard signs. I assume there was some anti-meat protest in London that afternoon. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to spend their Saturdays doing that but who are we to talk? We support the Ipswich.

Anyway, we got to Kings Cross via Liverpool Street (and it’s McDonalds) with 6 minutes to spare to make the train up to Peterborough. It wasn’t the greatest train. No blo0dy plug sockets. That being said, there was abit 10 people per carriage so it was probably better than you lot on the Ipswich-Peterborough line had to endure.

Into Peterborough for 12:03 and straight to the McDonald’s again. I hadn’t eaten earlier when my brother had and I was starving. Rammed with Ipswich fans. Ya love to see it. Then to the nearby boozer. I don’t know what it was called. One of the barman put about 5 shots of vodka in a double lemonade (he literally just poured in about 2 inches of vodka for some bizarre reason) which were certainly abit lively to the tastebuds. Some lads knocked a drink out of a fellas hand and we waited for the inevitable punch up which never came. Fair play. Relatively good atmosphere in their although questionable why anyone would take their shirt off and slide on the floor through the spilt beer. Imagine the stickyness over the rest of the day. All in the name of bantz. A tap on my shoulder from my pal who stands next to me at games. He’d placed his weekly 3-0 and 3-1 Town bet. Didn’t come in at all last season but I do remember it came in the season before. He does it and also does our two strikers with the same score. Sears and 3-1 against Newcastle a couple of years ago paid 450/1 if I remember correctly. That was a tense couple of minutes at the end for his bet.

About 2:15, the three of us decided we would make our way to the ground. Where do we go? ‘Google Maps.. I’ve got this lads’ was my overconfident outcry. ‘Peterborough FC Club’ I typed in. 5 minutes of walking and suddenly questions were being asked of me why there was no other people around. I realised it was taking me to a nightclub the other side of Peterborough 18 minutes away. My direction skills haven’t improved for the drop to League 1 it seems.

Into the ground, an au revoir to my pal who was the other side of the stand and into the ground after a quick piss. Come on you blues! We started well, the atmosphere matched by the tempo of the game for the first few minutes. Norwood scored, I was adamant I’d seen him push the defender into the keeper but the inevitable whistle of pain never came. Lovely stuff. 1-0. I’ve since seen the goal gif used by the official twitter account of the Lord pouring two beers into his mouth in celebration - Steve Austin esque.

Suddenly town sat back. Peterborough flooded forward. Toney causes problems. How he missed a free header from about five yards I’ll never know. Maddison caused all sorts of issues for us (didn’t think I’d be saying that sentence again). He looks a cut above League 1 frankly. Peterborough started to show why they were the 4th favourites for promotion with some nice football. Kenlock and Donacien were all over the place - all game. Both of them terrible. Boro deservedly equalised. Toney won a freekick from a stupid push from woolfenden. Yes he had dived but it was so silly from Woolfy to even put his hands on his back. Naive. Of course Toney headed in from the resulting freekick and rubbed it in. Me and my brother watched him at Dagenham Northampton many years ago score an overhead kick when Northampton had to win their last few games to stay up (and incredibly they did) and he looked good that day too.

Halftime reflections were basically that we were being outplayed now. Why we were sitting back i don’t know. Peterborough had a ‘kick the ball in the skip’ game going for some tickets in the halftime entertainment but had the young kid taking part hitting from a distance too far for him to reach which seemed harsh. The sun shone on us behind the goal and some relief when the sprinklers started to reach us on the pitch cooled us down.

Second half, what to say? Piss poor. I don’t even want to go into it. Boro scored. Holy kept us in it. Norwood missed a penalty and then we stole an equaliser. Let’s not pretend it was anything other than theft. Completely undeserved. Chambers headed it in at he near post but from the angle we were at, I’d not even seen it went in. I thought he saved it. Some pretty good scenes ensued. No they were not absolute. More relief than anything. Still unbeaten, a possible 6-pointer this might feel in a few months time. Who knows how important it’ll be?

Now for the point of this.. player ratings.

Holy - 8 - Commands his area. Good with his feet. Kept us in it at 2-1. Made a great save too.
Kenlock - 4 - Piss poor. Dreadful. How many times did he hoof it? Shocking. Utterly shocking.
Woolfenden 6.5 - Decent enough. Their first goal was naive defending to give away the freekick.
Chambo - 6 - Average. Decent header for the goal.
Donacien - 2 - I’ve given him a 2 because I don’t think people who weren’t there would believe a 1. Just utterly appalling. The new lad should start Tuesday despite me never seeing him play. He cannot be anything but an improvement on yesterday’s Donacien performance.
Edwards - 5 - Dissappinting from Gwion. Hardly did anything.
Skuse - 7.5 - Played a crucial role in keeping/regaining possession when the two full backs would lose it. Tidy.
Downes - 7.5 - Similar to Skuse. He’s been our best player this season so far imo. Really impressive with him.
Rowe - 6.5 - Started brightly but couldn’t really get into it as the game went on.
Norwood - 6.5 - Looked to get involved but I felt abit sorry for him. He’s playing so much deeper than he seems comfortable with.
Jackson - 8 - My MOTM for us. Worked his b0llocks off. Played off the shoulder. I thought he was very decent. Very clever to win the penalty by using his pace to cut across the defender.

Saw Brogs after the match for a quick chat getting away from the ground. Both seemed to agree we were fortunate to get a point. If we can beat Wimbledon and Bolton in the next few days as we should if we want to be promotion candidates, 11 points form 15 with both Sunderland and Peterborough already played and three of the five games being away, we’d have all taken that. A point is clearly better than none but playing like that will, more often than not, result in a defeat. We need to improve in general and it’s on to Tuesday.

We were home nice and quickly by 8:30 for a Chinese after a really decent day out. We march into Tuesday where I suspect I’ll see some of you there as per. Up the Town.

Hotdog rating - N/A
Atmosphere - 8.5
Performance - 6
Day out - 9
Overall - 9

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 18:49 - Aug 18 with 4841 viewsStokieBlue

"Jackson - 8 - My MOTM for us. Worked his b0llocks off. Played off the shoulder. I thought he was very decent. Very clever to win the penalty by using his pace to cut across the defender"

I thought he played well but it wasn't a particularly popular view on here last night.

I think the Norwood-Jackson partnership should be given a few more matches assuming we stick with 442.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 19:31 - Aug 18 with 4698 viewsjaykay

where are you in the £10 bet now young rommers ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 19:34 - Aug 18 with 4684 viewspowinswitch

If Jackson was your motm for us, who was your choice overall
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 19:57 - Aug 18 with 4604 viewsITFC_Forever

Tut tut, grammar needs to improve Rommy.

But generally a fair summary... next three games are all very winnable, so we must look to do exactly that, anything less than 9 points from those games will be disappointing.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 20:15 - Aug 18 with 4542 viewsstrikalite

Can't argue with any of your ratings really, I saw it like that too, though probably give Jackson a 7.65 because I'm not as generous as you :).....he had sod all service, no shock there, but agree he worked his nuts off, can give a defender ten yards and still beat him to the ball that's for sure....so quick..

What about the train home Rommy? Many had a nightmare...
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 20:18 - Aug 18 with 4537 viewsSitfcB

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 19:57 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Forever

Tut tut, grammar needs to improve Rommy.

But generally a fair summary... next three games are all very winnable, so we must look to do exactly that, anything less than 9 points from those games will be disappointing.

He’s from Essex, they don’t have grammar innit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 4464 viewsbrogansnose

I'm of a mind that Skuse held that show at the back together yesterday. He was making interceptions and re-cycling all game so he was MOTM for me. In fact he's been excellent so far this season. Stokie and yourself are right, Jackson gets a lot of unwarranted stick but for me, yesterday, he did really well and caused problems. I'd love to see the ball played through channels to both him and Norwood rather than that ball over the top for KJ to run onto. We have got players in that midfield who can pass the ball so why we persist with this I'm not sure, mix it up bt all means but when you haven't got a Murphy type we just waste the ball.

Defensively, we're still all at sea half the time. It shouldn't have been a free kick in my book becuase of the foul on Donacien, putting that to one side, why the hell no one went or stood on the ball sack of the danger man Tomey and gave him a free header I'll never know. This is elemental stuff. At least Chambers and Holy were talking and giving each other their intentions. I tend to cut Kenlock some slack because he can range from the ' Oh , ffs' to some good forward play. I look on Tommy Smith and how long it took him to develop which hopefully he will do too.

Honourable mentions to Rowe, who I like and young Flynn, what a player we have in him in his performances this season.

So glad we at least got the draw, my bosses have a box at London Road and the draw has saved me from shed loads of stick, in fact, they thought a draw was about right.

You're going to have a word with your brother about that Fosters thing buh, mind you, you're still doing bleedin' Kopparburgs !!!

Anyway, like others say, those next two games are winnable and we should make certain we do. I can't see any excuses for not doing so.
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 21:09 - Aug 18 with 4399 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 19:31 - Aug 18 by jaykay

where are you in the £10 bet now young rommers ?

£3 down going into Wimbledon and Bolton. Should be up after that I’d like to think.

Login to get fewer ads

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 21:19 - Aug 18 with 4365 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 20:15 - Aug 18 by strikalite

Can't argue with any of your ratings really, I saw it like that too, though probably give Jackson a 7.65 because I'm not as generous as you :).....he had sod all service, no shock there, but agree he worked his nuts off, can give a defender ten yards and still beat him to the ball that's for sure....so quick..

What about the train home Rommy? Many had a nightmare...

Going Peterborough to London, we got the train at Peterborough station that was completely empty.

In fact the whole journey was a piece of piss truth be told.

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 4350 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 20:44 - Aug 18 by brogansnose

I'm of a mind that Skuse held that show at the back together yesterday. He was making interceptions and re-cycling all game so he was MOTM for me. In fact he's been excellent so far this season. Stokie and yourself are right, Jackson gets a lot of unwarranted stick but for me, yesterday, he did really well and caused problems. I'd love to see the ball played through channels to both him and Norwood rather than that ball over the top for KJ to run onto. We have got players in that midfield who can pass the ball so why we persist with this I'm not sure, mix it up bt all means but when you haven't got a Murphy type we just waste the ball.

Defensively, we're still all at sea half the time. It shouldn't have been a free kick in my book becuase of the foul on Donacien, putting that to one side, why the hell no one went or stood on the ball sack of the danger man Tomey and gave him a free header I'll never know. This is elemental stuff. At least Chambers and Holy were talking and giving each other their intentions. I tend to cut Kenlock some slack because he can range from the ' Oh , ffs' to some good forward play. I look on Tommy Smith and how long it took him to develop which hopefully he will do too.

Honourable mentions to Rowe, who I like and young Flynn, what a player we have in him in his performances this season.

So glad we at least got the draw, my bosses have a box at London Road and the draw has saved me from shed loads of stick, in fact, they thought a draw was about right.

You're going to have a word with your brother about that Fosters thing buh, mind you, you're still doing bleedin' Kopparburgs !!!

Anyway, like others say, those next two games are winnable and we should make certain we do. I can't see any excuses for not doing so.

Nothing wrong with a good Koparburg buh! Although I do prefer the Bulmers these days. If I could get vodka into grounds, I’d buy vodka and have double vodka lemonades for the train. They’re a bit of me. Shame I can’t see them ever being sold in the north stand.

Next two are very very winnable and just have to be winning then if we want to finish top 2. I’ll see you Tuesday.

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 21:23 - Aug 18 with 4341 viewsSitfcB

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 21:22 - Aug 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Nothing wrong with a good Koparburg buh! Although I do prefer the Bulmers these days. If I could get vodka into grounds, I’d buy vodka and have double vodka lemonades for the train. They’re a bit of me. Shame I can’t see them ever being sold in the north stand.

Next two are very very winnable and just have to be winning then if we want to finish top 2. I’ll see you Tuesday.

You just have to buy a small bottle for the journeys and make sure you drink it before arriving at the stadium

COYB

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 22:51 - Aug 18 with 4144 viewsMrTown

Love these reports of Town fans having good days out with families, heading home, getting the takeaway, little drink and evening watching MOTD. Saturdays are fecking brilliant.

The full backs were apalling, but I don’t want to be overly critical on anyone, think Tuesday will come too soon for KVY.

We lacked any real creativity Saturday, but we don’t have a team flooded with real technicians, would suggest all of our real creative sparks are on the bench - Judge, Huws, El Mizouni, Dozzell, and don’t seem to fit into a rather rigid 4-4-2 at the moment.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 00:50 - Aug 19 with 4050 viewsipswichheritage

jeez - good bed time story..

We were sh it - end of. No need to read this bring crap.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 1:01]
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 01:16 - Aug 19 with 4017 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 00:50 - Aug 19 by ipswichheritage

U ok hun? Xx

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 01:34 - Aug 19 with 4011 viewsipswichheritage

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 01:16 - Aug 19 by The_Romford_Blue

U ok hun? Xx

Some sort of veterans report?

Who do you think you are? Some sort of media Grad?

Jeez - am I missing something..?
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 01:55 - Aug 19 with 3987 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 01:34 - Aug 19 by ipswichheritage

Can you explain to me what the issue is?

I’ve been doing these in the same format for the past 5 years. They’re generally well received and no more than a personal review of the day.

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 05:40 - Aug 19 with 3894 viewsbrogansnose

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 01:34 - Aug 19 by ipswichheritage

Whats your problem ?

Don't chuffin' read them if you don't like them.

It really ain't that difficult.
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 05:45 - Aug 19 with 3884 viewsSitfcB

It’s a light hearted report ffs.

Don’t like it, don’t read it.

COYB

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 06:19 - Aug 19 with 3859 viewsm14_blue

Who took the jam out of your donut?

Maybe don’t come on an Ipswich forum if you don’t want to read Ipswich fans talking about match day?
Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 07:30 - Aug 19 with 3724 viewsStokieBlue

No need to act like a tool.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 08:03 - Aug 19 with 3653 viewsFixed_It

I think you are missing something. We can all see it, but I doubt you can...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 08:30 - Aug 19 with 3595 viewsMrTown

Jesus, you’re a salty geezer. Fecking clown.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 09:13 - Aug 19 with 3518 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Top report Rommy

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 3439 viewsBlueBadger

Give over, you great fanny, it's just someone talking about their day out at football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 3412 viewsjeera

Rommy Report - Stealing a Point in Peterborough on 00:50 - Aug 19 by ipswichheritage

Marvellous contribution.

Thanks for dropping by.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024