Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is it going to happen ? 21:19 - Aug 18 with 1835 viewseddiespearitt03

When are we going to turn that corner we have been talking about for the last 5 years ?
When is it going to happen ? on 21:26 - Aug 18 with 1808 viewsBlueBadger

We turned it last season. Unfortunately, we turned onto a downward slope.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When is it going to happen ? on 21:29 - Aug 18 with 1804 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What do you expect turning that corner to look like?

Personally I feel we might have turned it.

Last time we played Peterborough at their place we lost 7-1 didn't we? Sunderland and Burton are among the favourites for promotion/the play offs and we took 4 points from 6 against them.

Give it a chance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When is it going to happen ? on 21:37 - Aug 18 with 1757 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We've made a solid start. Given the teams we've played and the next 6 games i would be surprised not to see us top 5 after 9-10 games. If i had to predict i'm going 4th after 10.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

When is it going to happen ? on 21:40 - Aug 18 with 1741 viewsmrshallisfit

When we change owner.
When is it going to happen ? on 21:47 - Aug 18 with 1727 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When is it going to happen ? on 21:37 - Aug 18 by Terry_Nutkins

We've made a solid start. Given the teams we've played and the next 6 games i would be surprised not to see us top 5 after 9-10 games. If i had to predict i'm going 4th after 10.

League position matters little until May. If we can average 2 points per game over the whole season we will be promoted. We are a little under it having played 3 of the better sides in the division. We now need to make sure we put some of the more average/weaker ones to the sword. Sunderland's failing last season was too many draws. Drawing with the lower teams isn't enough. We need to win a good proportion of those games.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When is it going to happen ? on 22:46 - Aug 18 with 1604 viewspatrickswell

We came around that corner by the end of 2014-15, but when it came to walking down the road, the owner decided, “Phew, too hot for me”. So we slouched against the wall for a few years, then had a look back round the corner we’d turned in 2015 and fell down a manhole.
When is it going to happen ? on 07:55 - Aug 19 with 1388 viewsGuthrum

When is it going to happen ? on 21:47 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

League position matters little until May. If we can average 2 points per game over the whole season we will be promoted. We are a little under it having played 3 of the better sides in the division. We now need to make sure we put some of the more average/weaker ones to the sword. Sunderland's failing last season was too many draws. Drawing with the lower teams isn't enough. We need to win a good proportion of those games.

I tend to think that League position becomes important from about October onwards.

Leading the division is a big advantage, as it then only requires consolidation. At worst, we need to be no more than five or six places behind the automatics. As the season progresses into the middle stages, it becomes much harder to make a surge that far up the table. If Town are out of the top four by more than a point or two in the New Year, I'll be getting quite concerned for our chances.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When is it going to happen ? on 08:15 - Aug 19 with 1323 viewsmeekreech

When is it going to happen ? on 21:47 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

How are you able to say that teams are weaker or less able than us without having played them? It could be that the so called average or weaker teams are in fact better than us!

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

When is it going to happen ? on 08:18 - Aug 19 with 1308 viewsNaylorsboots

When is it going to happen ? on 21:37 - Aug 18 by Terry_Nutkins

We have a great habit of messing up against teams we are supposed to do well against. Wimbledon could be one of those tomorrow night.
When is it going to happen ? on 08:55 - Aug 19 with 1229 viewsGuthrum

When is it going to happen ? on 08:15 - Aug 19 by meekreech

How are you able to say that teams are weaker or less able than us without having played them? It could be that the so called average or weaker teams are in fact better than us!

He didn't say that, refers to the weaker teams in the division, who we have to make sure we're beating.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When is it going to happen ? on 09:09 - Aug 19 with 1188 viewsSomethingBlue

The momentum of a concerted promotion campaign would probably count. Think we'll get one this season but it'll be a little while yet before we know for sure.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When is it going to happen ? on 09:28 - Aug 19 with 1145 viewssolemio

When? I'll ask the prophet Ezekiel when I see him.
When is it going to happen ? on 09:30 - Aug 19 with 1132 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

When is it going to happen ? on 21:29 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

What do you expect turning that corner to look like?

Personally I feel we might have turned it.

Last time we played Peterborough at their place we lost 7-1 didn't we? Sunderland and Burton are among the favourites for promotion/the play offs and we took 4 points from 6 against them.

Give it a chance.

No, we drew 0-0

Even allowing for what a poor result the 7-1 was, its rather a stretch to suggest drawing 2-2 there in the third division means we’ve improved on a season in which we finished lower mid-table in the second tier

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024