Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early observations on League One 09:35 - Aug 19 with 1746 viewsMaySixth

I've been to all three games, things I've noticed.

Anyone else?

1) It seems much much slower in general.

2) In the Champ it seemed if even the worst teams had a quality player who could hurt you. None of the opposition have really shone at all so far.

3) Referees are easily manipulated. We might need to get a bit more savvy here but the standard, if possible, seems even poorer than the Champ.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Early observations on League One on 10:23 - Aug 19 with 1589 viewsSteve_M

Agreed on the pace of the game, there are more errors in general play I think too. That should be where our better players can capitalise.

I thought Peterborough played pretty well, although they were poor up until their equaliser.

Saturday's referee was like Collina in his prime compared to the bloke at Luton. We need to not give away so many cheap free kicks, Toney dived on Saturday but Wolfenden gave him the chance to.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Early observations on League One on 11:48 - Aug 19 with 1361 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Add a lack of ruthlessness to that list! Been a few chances in games that would have been buried last year without any question (I.e. the one Holy saved with his feet second half Saturday and Toney’s free header in the first half)

Unfortunately we’ve been lacking the same too!!
Early observations on League One on 12:12 - Aug 19 with 1269 viewsxrayspecs

I watched quite a bit of L1 football last season as I was completing the 92.

I would agree with your observations.

There is a big gap between L1 and the Championship.

While a generalisation to an extent, L1 sides tend to be well organised, technically limited, big and physical. We can expect lots of teams to field quite defensive line ups and seek to catch us on the break or from set pieces. The better sides will have one or two go to players - for Posh it was Toney and Maddison.
Early observations on League One on 12:53 - Aug 19 with 1069 viewsArnieM

Early observations on League One on 12:12 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

I watched quite a bit of L1 football last season as I was completing the 92.

I would agree with your observations.

There is a big gap between L1 and the Championship.

While a generalisation to an extent, L1 sides tend to be well organised, technically limited, big and physical. We can expect lots of teams to field quite defensive line ups and seek to catch us on the break or from set pieces. The better sides will have one or two go to players - for Posh it was Toney and Maddison.

I think Towns young team are in danger of being outmuscled , in particular Dozzell. I also agree with Lambert our youngsters will be vulnerable to the naive actions as displayed by Woolfie on Saturday, when a mere hand touching the opponents back led to a free kick after th3 player dives from that innocuous “ challenge”

I would also say, the level of referring at this level leaves a lot to be desired. Why is it Town players never seem to get free kicks for being man handle, yet our opponents all seem to get given these free kicks for virtually nothing? It been one the biggest frustrations of the season so far.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024