Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams like Wimbledon 09:36 - Aug 19 with 2878 viewsgeg1992

Tuesday will be a real test for us I feel. Although on paper, our team is far superior, it's against teams like them that I'm concerned we may struggle, as they will be putting all of their players behind the ball. Against teams like this we need a big target man, which we lack at present.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Teams like Wimbledon on 09:37 - Aug 19 with 2865 viewsMaySixth

I know what you mean but at home we need to utilise Huws, Dozzell and Judge to maximum effect - hopefully retaining and passing the ball will see more chances created and finished.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Teams like Wimbledon on 09:47 - Aug 19 with 2827 viewsGerkensBeard

We never put teams away. Even at this level I don’t ever see us being ruthless after going a goal up.
1-0 cagey win
Teams like Wimbledon on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 2776 viewsWestcountryblue

Teams like Wimbledon on 09:37 - Aug 19 by MaySixth

I know what you mean but at home we need to utilise Huws, Dozzell and Judge to maximum effect - hopefully retaining and passing the ball will see more chances created and finished.

Agree with this.

Downes and Skuse are excellent at mopping up and keeping us organised, but i think the vision and creativity of Dozzell, Huws and Judge might be needed for teams that could look to 'park the bus'.

Although i'd be hesitant at dropping Jackson, as a few goals in the next 3 games would do wonders for his confidence and we might see a completely different player when he starts scoring.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:10]
Teams like Wimbledon on 10:08 - Aug 19 with 2750 viewsNaylorsboots

Teams like Wimbledon on 09:47 - Aug 19 by GerkensBeard

We never put teams away. Even at this level I don’t ever see us being ruthless after going a goal up.
1-0 cagey win

Agreed. We never kill teams off. Its always our downfall has been for years now.
Teams like Wimbledon on 11:01 - Aug 19 with 2659 viewssuffolkpoker

Teams like Wimbledon on 09:47 - Aug 19 by GerkensBeard

1-0 cagey win

I dissagree, we are now on a crest of a 'undefeated 3 game' wave.
We are long over due to give some one a right d1cking.
I see it as we win by 2 or more goals and norwood scores again.

3-1 town #COYB

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Teams like Wimbledon on 11:06 - Aug 19 with 2639 viewschicoazul

Teams like Wimbledon on 09:37 - Aug 19 by MaySixth

I really dont think we do considering Huws is coming back after 2 years out, Dozzell it would finally seem is vastly over-rated and Judge seems to have started the season like an absolute drain. Give me Skuse Downes and Rowe for now please.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Teams like Wimbledon on 11:11 - Aug 19 with 2609 viewsActionMan

We just need to organise our defence better and cut out the silly mistakes. In our last 3 games we've conceded 6, most of which have been pretty soft goals. It's alright having a ton of midfielders on your books but if you cannot defend for toffee it's not the best use of your wage bill is it?

The main positive is we had 3 or 4 really iffy moments between Holy and the defence at Burton and managed to win that, so we may survive those same iffy moments between the defence and keeper that have cost us the few points so far against Wimbledon, especially given that Peterborough and Sunderland are two of the best sides in this league and are able to punish those mistakes.

In essence it's much like last season where we were struggling to score and had a mistake in us every game that cost us dearly. I'd gladly trade 2 or 3 of those surplus midfielders for a better forward than Jackson if I was being totally honest. Having a confident, established, goalscorer will make all the difference to us.
Teams like Wimbledon on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 2598 viewsGerkensBeard

Teams like Wimbledon on 11:11 - Aug 19 by ActionMan

We just need to organise our defence better and cut out the silly mistakes. In our last 3 games we've conceded 6, most of which have been pretty soft goals. It's alright having a ton of midfielders on your books but if you cannot defend for toffee it's not the best use of your wage bill is it?

The main positive is we had 3 or 4 really iffy moments between Holy and the defence at Burton and managed to win that, so we may survive those same iffy moments between the defence and keeper that have cost us the few points so far against Wimbledon, especially given that Peterborough and Sunderland are two of the best sides in this league and are able to punish those mistakes.

In essence it's much like last season where we were struggling to score and had a mistake in us every game that cost us dearly. I'd gladly trade 2 or 3 of those surplus midfielders for a better forward than Jackson if I was being totally honest. Having a confident, established, goalscorer will make all the difference to us.

It really annoys me when fans use a carabao cup game in which we made 10 changes when talking about form
Login to get fewer ads

Teams like Wimbledon on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 2595 viewschicoazul

Teams like Wimbledon on 11:11 - Aug 19 by ActionMan

I know people have said Jackson has started badly too but he does make things happen for us and he won us a pen this weekend. It could be he develops a nice balanced partnership with Norwood.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Teams like Wimbledon on 13:11 - Aug 19 with 2459 viewsbritbiker

Its the Ipswich way. I'm with you on this one. Whenever I see three tough games on a fixture list, we get more from the games than I expect. We get three winnable games and we invariably play poorly.

Hoping for a change in momentum whereby we actually frighten teams that come to Portman Road.
Teams like Wimbledon on 13:22 - Aug 19 with 2415 viewsMaySixth

Teams like Wimbledon on 10:04 - Aug 19 by Westcountryblue

Agree with this.

Downes and Skuse are excellent at mopping up and keeping us organised, but i think the vision and creativity of Dozzell, Huws and Judge might be needed for teams that could look to 'park the bus'.

Although i'd be hesitant at dropping Jackson, as a few goals in the next 3 games would do wonders for his confidence and we might see a completely different player when he starts scoring.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:10]

I'm expecting Jackson to score tomorrow.

He has improved every game this season.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Teams like Wimbledon on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 2398 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely lumping it to a big target man when they are set up with 10 me behind the ball is a poor tactic.

What we need is to be able to beat men and make use of the possession such tactics will afford us without being too vulnerable on the break. On paper, our midfield and Norwood should be what we need.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Teams like Wimbledon on 13:43 - Aug 19 with 2350 viewsNazemariner

Put the strongest side out and give a team, that can only be considered as average at best, a good pasting.

Holy
Vincent-Young
Woolfenden
Chambers
Kenlock
Rowe
Skuse
Downes
Judge
Jackson
Norwood

5 NIL

I hate all this talk of needing to rest players. We're 4 games into the season for gods sake!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:44]
Teams like Wimbledon on 13:46 - Aug 19 with 2333 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

We could just do with an early goal to settle the nerves and make them have to come out at us. Then we can use the additional quality that we have to find the extra spaces, pick them off and cruise to victory.

Blimey, when was the last time we cruised to victory!?
Teams like Wimbledon on 14:39 - Aug 19 with 2248 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Teams like Wimbledon on 11:01 - Aug 19 by suffolkpoker

I dissagree, we are now on a crest of a 'undefeated 3 game' wave.
We are long over due to give some one a right d1cking.
I see it as we win by 2 or more goals and norwood scores again.

3-1 town #COYB

Based on Saturday if we are on the “crest” of a wave then we are in serious trouble
Teams like Wimbledon on 15:03 - Aug 19 with 2178 viewschicoazul

Teams like Wimbledon on 13:43 - Aug 19 by Nazemariner

Put the strongest side out and give a team, that can only be considered as average at best, a good pasting.

Holy
Vincent-Young
Woolfenden
Chambers
Kenlock
Rowe
Skuse
Downes
Judge
Jackson
Norwood

5 NIL

I hate all this talk of needing to rest players. We're 4 games into the season for gods sake!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:44]

I'd just play the same team again as started at P'boro. KVY & Judge on the bench.

Teams like Wimbledon on 15:10 - Aug 19 with 2159 viewsSomethingBlue

Teams like Wimbledon on 15:03 - Aug 19 by chicoazul

I'd just play the same team again as started at P'boro. KVY & Judge on the bench.

Three starts in a week for Edwards after no pre-season would be begging for trouble. Good that he's got the minutes in and I'd expect him to get better & better, but 20 minutes off the bench if we need him sounds best for tomorrow. I do wonder if El Mizouni comes seriously into the thinking.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024