Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday 11:57 - Aug 19 with 1095 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Last minute decision to go, anyone been to Headingley before? Is it a painful drive through Leeds City Centre to get there?

Any tips appreciated!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:03 - Aug 19 with 1071 viewsJakeITFC

I got offered a ticket for the Saturday but the trains are an absolute nightmare this weekend so I had to turn it down.
Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:05 - Aug 19 with 1060 viewsSteve_M

I'm there Friday too. Unusual for me to get to this stage of Summer and not have seen any Test match cricket live so really looking forward to it.

I'll get a cab up front he station and don't recall driving being too difficult, parking might be more of an issue. Ryory might know more about parking.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 1052 viewsSteve_M

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:03 - Aug 19 by JakeITFC

I got offered a ticket for the Saturday but the trains are an absolute nightmare this weekend so I had to turn it down.

Yeah, there is that. I've not worked out how I'm getting home yet...

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:09 - Aug 19 with 1035 viewsMullet

All drives through Leeds city centre are a pain. It seemed to be designed by a 10 year old on a computer game who wanted to use all the traffic bits available.

I’d leave plenty of time as there a few pinch points for crashes and the like around Leeds too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:11 - Aug 19 with 1029 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 12:06 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

Yeah, there is that. I've not worked out how I'm getting home yet...

Trains are the exact reason I am driving, plus I have promised the Mrs a weekend away in York if she behaves at the match.

She dosen't know if that it goes to a fifth day then the drive back may take 8 hours longer than it should!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 15:31 - Aug 19 with 939 viewsgainsboroughblue

I drove up there to see us play NZ in 2013. Turned round at Grantham and went home as it was p1ssing down and prospect of play was 0.1 %

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 22:43 - Aug 19 with 859 viewsRyorry

Yes, a big, big pain - as is getting through the Headingley area itself from any direction. Park & Ride will be available, though it wasn't exactly brilliantly organised last time I used it many years ago, and it's on the "wrong" side of Headingley if you're coming from the city centre. I'd maybe park at Leeds City Station for the day if any spaces are available (I'm guessing that'd be unlikely after 7.30-8am tho) & take a bus up; or find another day car park near the centre & bus up.

https://yorkshireccc.com/GettingtoHeadingley/Driving

https://yorkshireccc.com/gettingtoheadingley?utm_campaign=10813591_INT%20-%20Mat

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 22:45 - Aug 19 with 857 viewsRyorry

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 15:31 - Aug 19 by gainsboroughblue

I drove up there to see us play NZ in 2013. Turned round at Grantham and went home as it was p1ssing down and prospect of play was 0.1 %

I went to a NZ Test there! & did see play, so guess it must have been one before that (?).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Just picked up Ashes tickets for Friday on 23:20 - Aug 19 with 832 viewssohamblue74

Am going on Sunday for day 4. Love Headingley.
Drive is not too bad. Use Google maps and allow plenty of time.
Beckett park p&r is a bit pricey. Normally a cheaper charity car park on shire oak road which is also closer.
Home made veggie samosas from the kirkstall lane off license are highly recommended.
Black sheep bar at rugby ground end is well worth a visit for a beer at lunch break.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024