Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton postponed tuesday 16:45 - Aug 19 with 3065 viewsflettonblue

Hope the EFL come down hard on them,though holding out little hope they do. Why should they be able to pick and choose when to play?don't think it's fair they call their Tuesday match off to be fresh for Saturday v us? We have to play tomorrow night,why can't they? Still 3 days rest till we play them. Seems to disadvantage us.
Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:45 - Aug 19 with 3046 viewsSteve_M

Well done for focusing on the real issues here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:48 - Aug 19 with 3023 viewsGeoffSentence

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:45 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

Well done for focusing on the real issues here.

It is a valid point.

They may also get to play Donny when they have had a chance to strengthen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:51 - Aug 19 with 2989 viewsSteve_M

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:48 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

It is a valid point.

It really isn't, they have two first team players at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:54 - Aug 19 with 2963 viewsGeoffSentence

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:51 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

It really isn't, they have two first team players at the moment.

They can still manage to pick an 11. They seem to be holding out so that they can play a stronger team against Donny and resting those players they do have to face us.

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:58 - Aug 19 with 2917 viewsPJH

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:54 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

They can still manage to pick an 11. They seem to be holding out so that they can play a stronger team against Donny and resting those players they do have to face us.

or just possibly there is genuine concern about the medical/physical advisability of playing a group of teenagers three games in a week against relatively full strength "mens" teams.

If our game is played on Saturday then they obviously will be fresher than they would have been if they played tomorrow as well but it could actually be a genuine concern for their welfare.
Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:01 - Aug 19 with 2903 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we cant beat Boltons youth team then we shouldnt hold out number of days rest as an excuse!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:01 - Aug 19 with 2896 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:48 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

It is a valid point.

Oh yes, Bolton are a club that is just getting too many advantages at the moment!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:02 - Aug 19 with 2890 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:54 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

Yep, and we would do the same. Good for them.

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:02 - Aug 19 with 2894 viewsGeoffSentence

Bolton postponed tuesday on 16:58 - Aug 19 by PJH

or just possibly there is genuine concern about the medical/physical advisability of playing a group of teenagers three games in a week against relatively full strength "mens" teams.

If our game is played on Saturday then they obviously will be fresher than they would have been if they played tomorrow as well but it could actually be a genuine concern for their welfare.

Nah, I don't buy that. Football mad teenagers can play and play and play.

I am going for Bolton pulling a fast one.

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:02 - Aug 19 with 2893 viewsFreddies_Ears

EFL should give them a choice. Fulfil the fixture or forfeit the season, rejoining in League 2 next season only if they can provide adequate guarantees. We cannot have clubs picking and choosing when they play for competitive advantage.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 17:26]
Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 2874 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:02 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

....and who can blame them.

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:12 - Aug 19 with 2808 viewsEastTownBlue

It wouldn’t take much for the physical aspects of football and getting beaten heavily frequently for them to lose their enthusiasm for the game.
Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:19 - Aug 19 with 2765 viewsMuncher

Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:12 - Aug 19 by EastTownBlue

It wouldn’t take much for the physical aspects of football and getting beaten heavily frequently for them to lose their enthusiasm for the game.

Rubbish, they are professional athletes.

It's a very poor excuse in my book, they could easily bring in more youngsters or they could pace themselves, knowing they may have a lot of games to play.

I suspect it's a convenient excuse to avoid fielding a team which they know will get beaten with a view to getting the EFL to allow them to sign more players, probably including more players after the September 2 transfer deadline. It's a horrible situation for them to be in but I don't think suspending games on "welfare" grounds is going to win many people over.
Bolton postponed tuesday on 17:31 - Aug 19 with 2721 viewsGeoffSentence

Not much in the way of sympathy for them on the Donny forum.

Bolton postponed tuesday on 18:27 - Aug 19 with 2586 viewsstrikalite

Agree mate it's wrong, at the end of the day they're a pro football Club with a fixture list the same as all the other Clubs, they just have to do the best they can with what they have available.....also,where would you draw the line with this? If for example we had 6 senior players out through an illness for example, could we ask for similar treatment?
Bolton postponed tuesday on 18:55 - Aug 19 with 2515 viewsGeoffSentence

Bolton postponed tuesday on 18:27 - Aug 19 by strikalite

Agree mate it's wrong, at the end of the day they're a pro football Club with a fixture list the same as all the other Clubs, they just have to do the best they can with what they have available.....also,where would you draw the line with this? If for example we had 6 senior players out through an illness for example, could we ask for similar treatment?

We probably could ask. The thing is though, they didn't ask, just made a unilateral decision and didn't even tell Donny.

Bolton postponed tuesday on 20:57 - Aug 19 with 2375 viewsBent_double

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Sorry, but it's really not our - or any other club in the league - problem. Maybe we should have asked to postpone games against stronger teams who had spent more money on players than us last season, might have helped us a bit.

I get that people feel for Bolton fans I really do, but looks like we've reached tipping point with Bolton/Bury, and I wouldn't be surprised if some current Championship teams (Sheff W, Birmingham, Hull, etc) start going the same way in the next few seasons, so what the EFL do (or don't do) now will define English football outside of the PL for years to come.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Bolton postponed tuesday on 21:18 - Aug 19 with 2308 viewspointofblue

Doncaster's next scheduled away game? Bury on 31st August.

Not having much luck on that front at the moment!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bolton postponed tuesday on 23:09 - Aug 19 with 2176 viewsMelford

My ex-girlfriend's lad has started playing for Melford. He played in the FA Cup last Saturday where they drew 0-0, the replay was on the following Wednesday which went to penalties, then they played again Friday night. Most of them were working Mon-Fri on top of that.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024