Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent thread for Leave voters 09:26 - Aug 20 with 3166 viewsSomethingBlue

Time to pick the side of history you'd like to be on.

(NB - click for the entire thing)

This post has been edited by an administrator

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:28 - Aug 20 with 2429 viewsNazemariner

Who's gonna die?
Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:31 - Aug 20 with 2420 viewsSomethingBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:28 - Aug 20 by Nazemariner

Who's gonna die?

I mean, that's absolutely fine and hopefully nobody will. Just as long as you're happy to co-own it if they do.

Can this be moved.... on 09:31 - Aug 20 with 2414 viewsBloots

...out of the football forum, before it turns into a 15 pager please.

Many thanks.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:33 - Aug 20 with 2402 viewschicoazul

People will say "Project Fear" and "they were wrong after the referendum and they are wrong now", and if things do happen such as a lack of insulin for instance that leads to deaths then that will be the EUs fault not Leave Voters.
I will say though, that if bad things dont happen, or even if bad things do happen but they are not provable beyond doubt to be because of Brexit, and things are basically more or less the same as always then this country will become more and more divided and fractious.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:34 - Aug 20 with 2390 viewsNazemariner

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:31 - Aug 20 by SomethingBlue

I mean, that's absolutely fine and hopefully nobody will. Just as long as you're happy to co-own it if they do.

Don't be a donut!

That is like stating that if you voting Conservative, then you have blood on your hands from the increased number of deaths through child poverty.
Can this be moved.... on 09:34 - Aug 20 with 2391 viewsSomethingBlue

Can this be moved.... on 09:31 - Aug 20 by Bloots

...out of the football forum, before it turns into a 15 pager please.

Many thanks.

Ah, sorry, I have never got the hang of that.

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:34 - Aug 20 with 2384 viewsSomethingBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:34 - Aug 20 by Nazemariner

Don't be a donut!

That is like stating that if you voting Conservative, then you have blood on your hands from the increased number of deaths through child poverty.

Well ...

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:36 - Aug 20 with 2366 viewsNaylorsboots

Why is this in the football forum?
Login to get fewer ads

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:37 - Aug 20 with 2369 viewsMullet

It raises a good point. Most Leave voters didn't vote for people to die (well the machine gunning immigrants comment might ring a bell here) but that's what they're going to end up with. That and crushing effects of poverty for almost everyone.

Nothing is more irritating and offensive than the faux-Churchillian denial though. Those evoking a war they never fought in and have lived cushy lives because their parents did everything to help them avoid it, need to realise it's not just offensive to the memory of those who did die in it, but they're talking like the wrong side all too often.

Journalists getting doorstepped, threatened, the news being dismissed and weaponised etc. are all helping to push us into this Mexican standoff with ourselves. It's hard to argue that the idea alone, save the reality of Brexit has set this country back in every possible way.

The raising of the pension age coming out this week only serves to give the impression that the working class are being targeted more and more by a minority who can afford to watch everyday people suffer and decline. It's very grim.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:40 - Aug 20 with 2344 viewsSomethingBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:36 - Aug 20 by Naylorsboots

Why is this in the football forum?

Because I'm a numpty who didn't realise I'd done that — apologies.

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:58 - Aug 20 with 2260 viewsHerbivore

Don't be a donut!

Well yeah, you kind of do. If you voted for a party pushing austerity knowing the impact it's had and continues to have then you bear some culpability for that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:10 - Aug 20 with 2222 viewsGlasgowBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 09:58 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Well yeah, you kind of do. If you voted for a party pushing austerity knowing the impact it's had and continues to have then you bear some culpability for that.

But at the 2010 election the choice was between austerity or austerity.

It was Alistair Darling, who said that if re-elected Labour planned cuts in public spending will be "deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher's in the 1980s

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

So if you voted Labour in 2010 you were voting for a party pushing austerity. If you voted Tory in 2010 you were voting for a party pushing austerity. And if you voted Lib Dem you were voting for party who would prop up a party who were pushing austerity.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:23 - Aug 20 with 2182 viewsBrixtonBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:10 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

But at the 2010 election the choice was between austerity or austerity.

It was Alistair Darling, who said that if re-elected Labour planned cuts in public spending will be "deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher's in the 1980s

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

So if you voted Labour in 2010 you were voting for a party pushing austerity. If you voted Tory in 2010 you were voting for a party pushing austerity. And if you voted Lib Dem you were voting for party who would prop up a party who were pushing austerity.

Why are you citing 2010? We've had two more general elections since then.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:24 - Aug 20 with 2178 viewsBrixtonBlue

Don't be a donut!

You do.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:31 - Aug 20 with 2138 viewsGlasgowBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:23 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

Why are you citing 2010? We've had two more general elections since then.

Because it was the election after the economy crashed and we had to enter a period of austerity. Had we not done so then the money would have run out and there would be no way to pay for benefits, NHS, schools etc. A lot more people would have died.

Both parties agreed on this at the time yet people now want to re write history.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:33]

Iron Lion Zion

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:35 - Aug 20 with 2116 viewsBrixtonBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:31 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Because it was the election after the economy crashed and we had to enter a period of austerity. Had we not done so then the money would have run out and there would be no way to pay for benefits, NHS, schools etc. A lot more people would have died.

Both parties agreed on this at the time yet people now want to re write history.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:33]

Some people think austerity went too far (and you were able to vote for parties who believed this in the last two elections). No rewriting of history.

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:37 - Aug 20 with 2103 viewsGlasgowBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:24 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

You do.

Didn't you vote Labour in 2017?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/20/labour-manifesto-keep-planned-t

You heartless bastard. This is on you!!!!!

Iron Lion Zion

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:42 - Aug 20 with 2071 viewsGlasgowBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:35 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

Some people think austerity went too far (and you were able to vote for parties who believed this in the last two elections). No rewriting of history.

So you agree that a period of austerity was needed after the financial crash.

Now if only you could vote for somebody to reverse the benefit cuts at the last election.

Iron Lion Zion

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:53 - Aug 20 with 2007 viewsBrixtonBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:37 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/20/labour-manifesto-keep-planned-t

Labour planned to reverse £2bn of the planned Tory cuts. I said some people think austerity went too far. £2bn less is less far. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:55 - Aug 20 with 1997 viewsBrixtonBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:42 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Now if only you could vote for somebody to reverse the benefit cuts at the last election.

Squirming and swerving the point as usual. People HAVE had a chance (two chances actually) to vote against such damaging cuts. If they chose not to, that's down to them.

You're trying to claim no-one had a choice.

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:56 - Aug 20 with 1985 viewsSpruceMoose

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:37 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Weren't you a Labour party member?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 11:03 - Aug 20 with 1967 viewsCoachRob

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 10:42 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

My goodness you are so out of date even the IMF's own neoclassical economists agree austerity is a disaster.

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2016/06/ostry.htm

Your sovereign debt default nonsense I presume is based on Reinhart and Rogoff's debunked model regarding deficit and accumulated debt levels. You might want to have at look at the debt/GDP ratio after WWII.
Excellent thread for Leave voters on 11:12 - Aug 20 with 1938 viewshampstead_blue

Hilarious.

I'd suggest he takes a healthy dose of 'calm down dear' before he explodes.

Nobody will die. The lights will stay on.
The EU and the UK are to closely linked. This is just scare mongering.

Does the tweeter remember the millennium bug? airplanes will fall from the sky......bank accounts will be zeroed........Yeah yeah.

I voted Leave and if the EU don't want a deal which actually allows us to leave then it can only be No Deal. BJ has offered them the chance to negotiate.....Oh, everything May and her secret remainer team of negotiators did is toast due to the backstop.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 11:15 - Aug 20 with 1925 viewsBloomBlue

Utter cr#p, are remainers guaranteeing nobody will die if we stay in the EU?

At the moment in this country people who have to use intravenous feeding have a issue because of a delay in the manufacturing of the bags which could lead to deaths, we're still in the EU will the EU or remainers accept any deaths caused by that?
No and they shouldn't becausr supply of medicines / drugs etc are delay even when we're in the EU

Project fear again.
Excellent thread for Leave voters on 11:19 - Aug 20 with 1088 viewsBrixtonBlue

Excellent thread for Leave voters on 11:15 - Aug 20 by BloomBlue

Utter cr#p, are remainers guaranteeing nobody will die if we stay in the EU?

At the moment in this country people who have to use intravenous feeding have a issue because of a delay in the manufacturing of the bags which could lead to deaths, we're still in the EU will the EU or remainers accept any deaths caused by that?
No and they shouldn't becausr supply of medicines / drugs etc are delay even when we're in the EU

Project fear again.

The point is it will be even worse after we leave the EU.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024