Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smith out of third test 12:11 - Aug 20 with 3812 viewscatch74

Gives England a better chance of levelling the series. Apparently should never have resumed his innings.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Smith out of third test on 12:13 - Aug 20 with 3799 viewscatch74

Apologies Hampstead Blue, I’m far too slow!

Smith out of third test on 12:15 - Aug 20 with 3791 viewsSteve_M

It is the right thing to do with any risk of concussion but obviously hugely advantageous to England given Smith has been the stand-out batsman so far. Labauschagne got hit on the head by Starc in the nets this morning so he might be out too....

Although if England were to win a Test that Smith didn't play in then it would balance out Anderson's absence from most of the first Test.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Smith out of third test on 12:21 - Aug 20 with 3755 viewscatch74

Smith out of third test on 12:15 - Aug 20 by Steve_M

It is the right thing to do with any risk of concussion but obviously hugely advantageous to England given Smith has been the stand-out batsman so far. Labauschagne got hit on the head by Starc in the nets this morning so he might be out too....

Although if England were to win a Test that Smith didn't play in then it would balance out Anderson's absence from most of the first Test.

Good point re- Anderson, is he likely to be back later in the series?

Smith out of third test on 12:23 - Aug 20 with 3750 viewsReuser_is_God

Smith out of third test on 12:21 - Aug 20 by catch74

I'd be very surprised.

I see little point on bringing him back if Woakes, Broad & archer all stay fit & in some sort of form.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Smith out of third test on 12:23 - Aug 20 with 3749 viewsReuser_is_God

Excellent news for us.

Evans out

Smith out of third test on 12:24 - Aug 20 with 3746 viewsBlueRaider

Archer has basically got Smith out 4 times with one ball !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Smith out of third test on 12:29 - Aug 20 with 3729 viewsCoastalblue

Smith out of third test on 12:21 - Aug 20 by catch74

It wouldn't surprise me not to see Anderson again in a Test match, sad as that would be. I think he's got a second eleven game lined up to test his fitness, but a recurring calf niggle at his age, I do wonder.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Smith out of third test on 12:29 - Aug 20 with 3731 viewsSteve_M

Smith out of third test on 12:23 - Aug 20 by Reuser_is_God

I'd be very surprised.

I see little point on bringing him back if Woakes, Broad & archer all stay fit & in some sort of form.

Given that Wood, Stone and Curran are all injured and won't play this Summer I suspect Anderson will play. We're a bit limited if anyone else gets injured.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Smith out of third test on 12:31 - Aug 20 with 3722 viewsReuser_is_God

Smith out of third test on 12:29 - Aug 20 by Steve_M

Given that Wood, Stone and Curran are all injured and won't play this Summer I suspect Anderson will play. We're a bit limited if anyone else gets injured.

Surely that's even more reason to rest Anderson until he's back to full fitness for the winter? Obviously that depends on the bowlers currently in the side staying fit.

I doubt any of the 3 you've mentioned will be fit for New Zealand. Massive shame for Olly Stone, thought he looked really good when I've seen him.

Evans out

Smith out of third test on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 3620 viewsRyorry

This probably won't be a hugely popular comment! but I'm rather disappointed I won't be seeing someone who's been labelled as currently the best batsman in the world, live.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Smith out of third test on 18:46 - Aug 20 with 3598 viewsCoastalblue

Smith out of third test on 18:37 - Aug 20 by Ryorry

This probably won't be a hugely popular comment! but I'm rather disappointed I won't be seeing someone who's been labelled as currently the best batsman in the world, live.

No I agree to a point, I have mixed feelings.

I want us to beat Australia with Smith in the side, though will settle for a win without him.

I'm also fascinated to see how he plays Archer, there must be something in his head and he struggled a bit against him at times even before the blow to the neck.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Smith out of third test on 18:54 - Aug 20 with 3586 viewsBloomBlue

Pity, love watching Smith. He is going to be seen as one of the one greatest cricketers ever I want to see him play not injured.
Smith out of third test on 18:55 - Aug 20 with 3581 viewsReuser_is_God

Smith out of third test on 18:37 - Aug 20 by Ryorry

Fck that, I saw Sachin get a duck.

Evans out

Smith out of third test on 21:52 - Aug 20 with 3541 viewsRyorry

Smith out of third test on 18:55 - Aug 20 by Reuser_is_God

Fck that, I saw Sachin get a duck.

Haha, hope you saw some runs in t'other innings!

Smith out of third test on 21:57 - Aug 20 with 3518 viewsRyorry

Smith out of third test on 18:46 - Aug 20 by Coastalblue

No I agree to a point, I have mixed feelings.

I want us to beat Australia with Smith in the side, though will settle for a win without him.

I'm also fascinated to see how he plays Archer, there must be something in his head and he struggled a bit against him at times even before the blow to the neck.

I second your second para!

Hope the Archer v Smith battle is one we get to enjoy for at least a few years more. Been hearing the old pros on radio telling Archer not to slow it down, and quite right too. Smith shoulda been wearing the full helmet incl neck guard.

Smith out of third test on 22:51 - Aug 20 with 3477 viewsvapour_trail

Good, good and good again.

Anyone who thinks watching smith bat is an event, is a halfwit at best. He’s the most prolific batsman of this generation, but in terms of watching the bloke at the crease, a freak show. Give me a Lara, a Waugh, a Dravid, a trescothick, a kohli, a Sangakarra, a Gilchrist, could go on all day...

Excellent work Jofra.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Smith out of third test on 15:59 - Aug 30 with 3327 viewscatch74

Smith out of third test on 12:29 - Aug 20 by Coastalblue

It wouldn't surprise me not to see Anderson again in a Test match, sad as that would be. I think he's got a second eleven game lined up to test his fitness, but a recurring calf niggle at his age, I do wonder.

Looking prophetic Coastalblue, he’s out for the series having felt a niggle still, whilst bowling.
Overton in as cover, so likely Curran in for Woakes, same batting line up!

Smith out of third test on 16:40 - Aug 30 with 3268 viewssparks

Smith out of third test on 15:59 - Aug 30 by catch74

Looking prophetic Coastalblue, he’s out for the series having felt a niggle still, whilst bowling.

Roy has to move.

Buttler has done nothing since before the world cup.

Get Pope or Sibley in at the top. Move Roy down the order. Denley at 3 instead of Root. Probably curran for woakes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Smith out of third test on 17:11 - Aug 30 with 3235 viewsFunge

Smith out of third test on 16:40 - Aug 30 by sparks

Roy has to move.

Get Pope or Sibley in at the top. Move Roy down the order. Denley at 3 instead of Root. Probably curran for woakes.

Opening is a bloody nightmare. Roy clearly not an opener, and hasnt done too much to suggest that he's a Test batsmen at all. You could make an argument for dropping him, other than there are very few cabs on the rank behind him.

Burns has made runs, but, by god, he's looked horrid getting them.

Root at 3 - fine.

Denly isnt good enough, but that 50 at Headingley will see him in for the rest of the series. Bairstow is good enough, hopefully his 36 in the second innings will see him get some form back.

As for Buttler - I adore him as a one-day player, but he's been woeful this series, albeit with a horrid run-out last innings (drop Stokes for that....)

I'd keep Woakes in. Archer, Broad and Leach all obviously keep their places.
Smith out of third test on 17:28 - Aug 30 with 3203 viewscatch74

Smith out of third test on 16:40 - Aug 30 by sparks

Roy has to move.

Agree, should have an opener - Sibley in but they’ve kept the same 13 bar Overton for Anderson. Woakes very under bowled, so maybe the only change. Wonder if Denly and Roy will swap places.
Buttler needs a good score.

Smith out of third test on 19:54 - Aug 30 with 3132 viewsCoastalblue

Smith out of third test on 15:59 - Aug 30 by catch74

I take no pleasure in that prediction but still think it could come true.

Having gone to the Oval for the T20 last night I'm all for recalling Ravi Bopara

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024