Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to argue with those boos 20:39 - Aug 20 with 4100 viewsMullet

Thought we looked great value in the opening exchanges, but taking about 30 mins to get anything on goal from a Dozzell corner nodded at the keeper is really poor. Had Norwood hit that volley sweetly we'd have had a goal of the season contender with all those flicks over a very rigid defence.

Wimbledon are the epitome of ten men behind the ball and we can't seem to pick them apart. Wilson seems to be able to nod and volley everything away and that's fine but you can see the lack of shape in the back four from the goal. Donacien nowhere near his position or the man, they had half the pitch open down flank there.

I'm not sure why we have wonky wingers and then wonky CMs who rotate onto their natural sides every 15 mins. Dozzell has hit 3 or 4 sweet passes that people have missed and sent Norwood clean through, the keeper got lucky there by guessing on the chip but I expected Norwood to blast it given he was clean through.

Holy looks far more composed tonight I'm not sure he could have made the one save he needed to. But overall there's a lot of work to do here. I'm concerned that we have little space to run into and that seems to be the best weapon of our wingers and Downes when attacking to support the striker.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:41 - Aug 20 with 4007 viewsBlue_Moses

Norwood should be burying those, he looked very nervous
Hard to argue with those boos on 20:43 - Aug 20 with 3916 viewsWeekender

Donacien tries but he really is a terrible player. He genuinely is worse than Spence. We paid £750k!

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 3849 viewsMullet

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:41 - Aug 20 by Blue_Moses

Yep said as much from game one and nothing is really changing the evidence there is it? I get it, this is the big shot for him and he's talked it up, but we clearly don't know how to serve him either.

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 3774 viewsMullet

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:43 - Aug 20 by Weekender

Donacien tries but he really is a terrible player. He genuinely is worse than Spence. We paid £750k!

He's looked like he knows he's on his way out again. He laid a really nice ball for Rowe who took the wrong run and the full back lapped it up, but generally he's been the weak link. God knows what we are doing at throw ins, we get all this momentum and then it looks like a game of FIFA someone forgot to pause and we all fizzle out.

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 3744 viewsipswichheritage

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:43 - Aug 20 by Weekender

Quality value - yet again... but we can only
Blame S’*ut Thorpe’s prestige manager. Hopefully he’ll be gone before the window ends this time permanently rather than just back on loan.

I’d be happy to give Donacien away for free to rid us of him.
Hard to argue with those boos on 20:52 - Aug 20 with 3626 viewsN2_Blue

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:47 - Aug 20 by ipswichheritage

Quality value - yet again... but we can only
Blame S’*ut Thorpe’s prestige manager. Hopefully he’ll be gone before the window ends this time permanently rather than just back on loan.

I’d be happy to give Donacien away for free to rid us of him.

Hurst spent over 2 million on Jackson and Donacien! The mind boggles, i mean wtf was he doing? Accrington must still be pi**sing themselves.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:53 - Aug 20 with 3593 viewsreusersfreekicks

Didn't donacien look half decent early on in the championship
Hard to argue with those boos on 20:56 - Aug 20 with 3540 viewsipswichheritage

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:53 - Aug 20 by reusersfreekicks

Didn't donacien look half decent early on in the championship

Simple answer - no. Apparently he looked good in one game. Then, unless you missed it - he was quickly framed out on loan to his previous club in league two where he belongs.

There is nothing good about the 750k we spent on him sadly. Not even a 45 minute showing over a 46 game season. Hurst. Legend yet again....
Login to get fewer ads

Hard to argue with those boos on 21:27 - Aug 20 with 3200 viewsWacko

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:56 - Aug 20 by ipswichheritage

Simple answer - no. Apparently he looked good in one game. Then, unless you missed it - he was quickly framed out on loan to his previous club in league two where he belongs.

There is nothing good about the 750k we spent on him sadly. Not even a 45 minute showing over a 46 game season. Hurst. Legend yet again....

League one not two

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Hard to argue with those boos on 21:34 - Aug 20 with 3039 viewspatrickswell

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:56 - Aug 20 by ipswichheritage

If it’s any consolation, Scunthorpe are down to 10 men and losing again with 5 minutes left.

I’d ship all Hurst’s signings out. They let us down last year and now people expect them to be world beaters this year? Not for me. Let Lambert build his own side. The pedigree of those he’s signed already suggests better than the dross he was left by Hurst.
Hard to argue with those boos on 21:35 - Aug 20 with 3019 viewsBlueBadger

Hard to argue with those boos on 21:34 - Aug 20 by patrickswell

If it’s any consolation, Scunthorpe are down to 10 men and losing again with 5 minutes left.

I’d ship all Hurst’s signings out. They let us down last year and now people expect them to be world beaters this year? Not for me. Let Lambert build his own side. The pedigree of those he’s signed already suggests better than the dross he was left by Hurst.

They're all Proven In League One don't forget. We've still got Nsiala who makes Chambers look like Franco Baresi to come back as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hard to argue with those boos on 21:37 - Aug 20 with 2970 viewsHelp

blimey we are 2.1 up. Brenner getting a bit overexcited, game not over yet and he thinks we have won it already
Hard to argue with those boos on 21:41 - Aug 20 with 2919 viewsHelp

We have won it, all the earlier poor formation and performance will be forgotten
Hard to argue with those boos on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 2850 viewspatrickswell

Hard to argue with those boos on 21:34 - Aug 20 by patrickswell

All right, Jackson can stay for another month...
Hard to argue with those boos on 21:48 - Aug 20 with 2797 viewsBlueBadger

Hard to argue with those boos on 21:37 - Aug 20 by Help

blimey we are 2.1 up. Brenner getting a bit overexcited, game not over yet and he thinks we have won it already

Yeah but he supports Norwich y'know?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hard to argue with those boos on 22:24 - Aug 20 with 2563 viewsJDB23

That opening 60 mins is up there with the worst I've seen, offered absolutely nothing going forward. Looked like the team just thought they had to turn up to win. Donacien had another shocker, Kenlock wasn't much better but did improve once the spurs kid came on, he looked very lively. Once Jackson was on the game changed and we looked much more threatening, even if we did still rely a lot on balls over the top.

Haven't celebrated a goal like that for a while, that could be massive for us moving forward. Lets hope we've learnt some lessons from this game and push on now.
Hard to argue with those boos on 22:51 - Aug 20 with 2479 viewsITFC1977

Hard to argue with those boos on 20:41 - Aug 20 by Blue_Moses

I would say a “ nervous “ striker would have snatched at a chance like that and the chip he tried actually shows his confidence. He’s maybe trying a little to hard and is not getting many chances but I think he’s very cool in front of goal and the best is yet to come when he’s confidence is booming.
Hard to argue with those boos on 00:00 - Aug 21 with 2387 viewsRadlett_blue

Why keep playing Skuse in midfield in home games against teams who are going to sit back and defend? Almost a waste of a player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024