Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert’s tactics 22:00 - Aug 20 with 306 viewstractordownsouth

Brilliant win, however I’m not convinced by Lambert’s tactics, particularly his formations. I know Saturday was reasonably poor but I don’t think that it warranted a change to a more defensive formation against a side who are likely to get relegated. We looked toothless until
Jackson and Georgiou came on, and Judge, to his credit, improved massively on his performances so far this year.
I do worry that Lambert will revert to 3 in the middle and the nice football but no end product stuff we’ve endured.

This will be a massively unpopular opinion but if we’re going to play 2 in the middle and have Huws and Nolan as back up as well as Bishop to come back and Judge playing behind the strikers, I wouldn’t be against sending Dozzell out on loan. I really wasn’t convinced by him tonight and haven’t ever seen him have a top quality game, whereas the likes of Downes have really kicked on.

Lambert really needs to earn his money in the next few weeks and have us in that top 6. Hopefully tonight will have shown him the way to do it. Our squad is good enough to go up (with left back the only potential problem area) so there aren’t any excuses. I’ve never wanted a Town manager to succeed as much as I do Lambert, so really hope he can have us up there

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024