Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad 22:03 - Aug 20 with 1510 viewsjasondozzell

Got to be patient. First half was frustrating, but we're still getting used to each other and systems. I think 4-5-1 can work when we get midfield going - we've got players for it, but it will take time to get it firing. 442 is better at moment and Jackson/Norwood good together, but we will need to play other ways. It's still v early in season. With time we'll settle. We've had to go more direct early on because of injuries/ limitations of some players etc, but when we get midfield going will be good to watch.

Dozzell is clearly gifted. Pass to put Norwood in was excellent, but otherwise anonymous. He seems to spend so much time playing short passes and then dropping off for return without going anywhere. He has had a lot of chances but never seems to take game by scruff of neck. Too cautious? Unlucky? Not enough support? Think he would benefit from a spell on loan.

Contrast that to Georgiou. Took his man on, put some great crosses in, looked positive. Promising!

Keane, Georgiou, KVY excellent additions. Lambert finally has the squad he wants. When we get going we'll be a strong side.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 22:08]
Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 22:45 - Aug 20 with 1266 viewslazyblue

Dozzell will be a hell of a player one day and worth a lot of money but at this moment in this league and this team he is not what we need.
Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 23:19 - Aug 20 with 1157 viewsjasondozzell

Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 22:45 - Aug 20 by lazyblue

Dozzell will be a hell of a player one day and worth a lot of money but at this moment in this league and this team he is not what we need.

Agree. Those slide rule through passes are brilliant, but pretty rare. I do question his workrate at times. He does demand ball but often plays the safe pass. I know they are different players, but Georgiou seemed braver immediately. Dozzell comes deep for a one two, drops off and always seems out of game. You want him at top ihg mid dictating play. Frustrating. Lambert must see something to go with him, but at moment I'd put Judge, Georgiou, Mizouni, Downes etc all ahead of him
Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 949 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 23:19 - Aug 20 by jasondozzell

Agree. Those slide rule through passes are brilliant, but pretty rare. I do question his workrate at times. He does demand ball but often plays the safe pass. I know they are different players, but Georgiou seemed braver immediately. Dozzell comes deep for a one two, drops off and always seems out of game. You want him at top ihg mid dictating play. Frustrating. Lambert must see something to go with him, but at moment I'd put Judge, Georgiou, Mizouni, Downes etc all ahead of him

Agreed
I was looking at this game for Andre to run the game for us.
Unfortunately that didn’t happen for him and others have now jumped in.
Being in and out of the team is hard and different systems hasn’t helped.
Got to keep his chin up tho.
Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 10:32 - Aug 21 with 900 viewsHerbivore

Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 23:19 - Aug 20 by jasondozzell

Can't you have a word with him over the breakfast table?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Patience, the Andre Dozzell conundrum, Georgiou, exciting squad on 10:48 - Aug 21 with 851 viewsitfcjoe

A lot of times when he drops offs and then plays it safe he's expecting it back straight away, and we just start ticking it over, we don't really have much pattern to our play and it ends up with the full backs dilly dallying on the ball rather than progressing it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024