Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Section 5 Row S 22:11 - Aug 20 with 8643 viewsmattrolow

To the guy in row s in section 5 who left after 67 minutes because you were a disgrace and booing the team...

...that one was for you. Please never come back.
Section 5 Row S on 14:27 - Aug 21 with 2669 viewsMaySixth

Section 5 Row S on 22:13 - Aug 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst I get your point about people leaving early - it’s their own fault if they miss moments like that so I agree there.

That being said, I booed them off at half time. I feel like if players play that poorly, they deserve to be booed at halftime if I’ve paid my money. I wouldn’t boo during a game but at half time and full time, I feel they’re the two times booing is absolutely fair if it’s justified.

I respect your opinion but in my opinion booing a team is tinpot.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Section 5 Row S on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 2661 viewsPJH

Section 5 Row S on 14:27 - Aug 21 by MaySixth

I respect your opinion but in my opinion booing a team is tinpot.

It is something that I have never done and will never do, no idea what it achieves.

Of course you get frustrated/disappointed/annoyed but how booing the team that you are supposed to be supporting helps any of that I am not sure.
Section 5 Row S on 14:45 - Aug 21 with 2648 viewsBlueySwede

I don´t understand what booing is ever going to achieve.
Ok, if it is absolutely clear that the players are not trying, then it might be ok for a small "boo" at half time. But that was not the case yesterday, far from it.
Just got the tactics a bit wrong in the first half, opposition giving their all, etc.
Section 5 Row S on 18:12 - Aug 21 with 2579 viewsTrequartista

Whilst I get your point about people leaving early - it’s their own fault if they miss moments like that so I agree there.

That being said, I booed them off at half time. I feel like if players play that poorly, they deserve to be booed at halftime if I’ve paid my money. I wouldn’t boo during a game but at half time and full time, I feel they’re the two times booing is absolutely fair if it’s justified.

Your booing policy is spot on. During the game is counter-productive but half-time and full-time is your opinion on your team's performance having paid your money

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Section 5 Row S on 18:16 - Aug 21 with 2562 viewsSpruceMoose

Section 5 Row S on 18:12 - Aug 21 by Trequartista

Your booing policy is spot on. During the game is counter-productive but half-time and full-time is your opinion on your team's performance having paid your money

Nah.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Section 5 Row S on 18:27 - Aug 21 with 2554 viewsflimflam

Section 5 Row S on 14:32 - Aug 21 by PJH

It is something that I have never done and will never do, no idea what it achieves.

Of course you get frustrated/disappointed/annoyed but how booing the team that you are supposed to be supporting helps any of that I am not sure.

I did shout rubbish quite loudly on the half time whistle.

Am I a bad person?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Section 5 Row S on 20:31 - Aug 21 with 2492 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blimey I’ve caused a stir here - accidentally.

I think I’ve booed about 3 or 4 times in my life. Half-time at home to Derby a couple of years ago, yesterday at half-time and I have a feeling I booed away at Hull under Hurst too.

Yesterday’s first half was just that bad. It’s not as if I’m booing every bloody game. It’s less than once a season. Anyone that first half wasn’t an utter disgrace is lying.

And no I’d never boo during a match as that would effect the players. At half time, its not the same.

Most importantly, by the same token, I stay and clap the players after every game for their efforts (Brogs would testify as he sees me every time).

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Section 5 Row S on 20:47 - Aug 21 with 2471 viewsbrogansnose

Section 5 Row S on 20:31 - Aug 21 by The_Romford_Blue

I think I’ve booed about 3 or 4 times in my life. Half-time at home to Derby a couple of years ago, yesterday at half-time and I have a feeling I booed away at Hull under Hurst too.

Yesterday’s first half was just that bad. It’s not as if I’m booing every bloody game. It’s less than once a season. Anyone that first half wasn’t an utter disgrace is lying.

And no I’d never boo during a match as that would effect the players. At half time, its not the same.

Most importantly, by the same token, I stay and clap the players after every game for their efforts (Brogs would testify as he sees me every time).

I testify to that.

Rommy does get right behind the team and stops behind despite a long journey home.

This is fact.

There's a whole world of difference between someone lambasting players all game like the bloke in the OP's post and a small amount of booing or general disgruntlement.
Login to get fewer ads

Section 5 Row S on 20:57 - Aug 21 with 2457 viewsJakeITFC

Well those 3 or 4 times you’ve been wrong, no more so than yesterday.
Section 5 Row S on 11:36 - Aug 22 with 2316 viewsSuperfrans

Section 5 Row S on 18:16 - Aug 21 by SpruceMoose

Nah.

Agree. Booing is counter-productive and is all about the fans' "me me me" attitude, their victim complex. imho.

Its pretty much always about, "I've" paid for a ticket, how do they let "me" down etc. Really, who gives a feck. Grow up. Life isn't all wine and roses, you take the rough with the smooth etc.

Just my opinion.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Section 5 Row S on 11:50 - Aug 22 with 2300 viewsSamWhiteUK

Section 5 Row S on 22:19 - Aug 20 by mattrolow

Romford Blue, I completely respect your point. However, I think booing at half time is very much during the game and has a massive negative impact on the team.

This aside, tonight was a situation more than I have ever had where the person continued to boo and call them c**** through the whole game, to the point where I’m sure they could hear it. Personally, I don’t think that has any place during the game and the support we showed in the second half, I’ve got no doubt, lead to us getting the equaliser and the winner

We’re four games into the season, up the town and we’ll do well.

A rousing, ground-wide chant of "come on Ipswich, come on Ipswich", or "coooooome on you Blues" would be much better if we are losing at half time.

The latter could be almost haunting. Would be awesome.
Section 5 Row S on 11:53 - Aug 22 with 2296 viewsSouperJim

Section 5 Row S on 11:36 - Aug 22 by Superfrans

Agree. Booing is counter-productive and is all about the fans' "me me me" attitude, their victim complex. imho.

Its pretty much always about, "I've" paid for a ticket, how do they let "me" down etc. Really, who gives a feck. Grow up. Life isn't all wine and roses, you take the rough with the smooth etc.

Just my opinion.

I think that this is true for those who boo if we're behind at half/full time regardless of the circumstances. I also agree that booing is counter-productive in the vast majority of cases, but I do wonder if sometimes there is a case to say the manager should hear our frustration. Some of the performances last year deserved to be booed.

At the end of the day football is about emotion. If you're really unhappy with what's infront of you, expressing that doesn't necessarily make you a terrible fan who is doing damage.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Section 5 Row S on 11:59 - Aug 22 with 2286 viewsSouperJim

Section 5 Row S on 11:50 - Aug 22 by SamWhiteUK

A rousing, ground-wide chant of "come on Ipswich, come on Ipswich", or "coooooome on you Blues" would be much better if we are losing at half time.

The latter could be almost haunting. Would be awesome.

Great post, I'm always pleased when the frustration boils over in to "f*ck em up, get into em" and "come on ipswich", as it's a far more positive outlet and often drives the team on. I think we're likely to find ourselves in that situation a few times this season as lots of sides will come to Portman Road and look to spoil like Wimbledon did.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Section 5 Row S on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 2280 viewsartsbossbeard

* uncurls toes*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Section 5 Row S on 12:10 - Aug 22 with 2265 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Section 5 Row S on 12:11 - Aug 22 with 2262 viewsBiGDonnie

Mate you've paid your money, you do what you wanna.

Booing at half time is just as bad as during the game though IMO.

Full time is fair game, they'll get over it by next game!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Section 5 Row S on 12:20 - Aug 22 with 2239 viewsSuperfrans

Section 5 Row S on 11:53 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

I think that this is true for those who boo if we're behind at half/full time regardless of the circumstances. I also agree that booing is counter-productive in the vast majority of cases, but I do wonder if sometimes there is a case to say the manager should hear our frustration. Some of the performances last year deserved to be booed.

At the end of the day football is about emotion. If you're really unhappy with what's infront of you, expressing that doesn't necessarily make you a terrible fan who is doing damage.

Yes. God knows I'm emotional when we score, especially late on (as we did on Tuesday).

And if someone boos, but afterwards realises it's a pointless emotional response, then that's fine. We all do things in the heat of the moment that we later realise was dumb.

But the comments on this kind of thing are not usually put that way.

Section 5 Row S on 12:21 - Aug 22 with 2234 viewsartsbossbeard

Section 5 Row S on 12:11 - Aug 22 by BiGDonnie

Mate you've paid your money, you do what you wanna.

Booing at half time is just as bad as during the game though IMO.

Full time is fair game, they'll get over it by next game!

It's quite clear that we should simply boo the team onto the pitch thus confirming 3 points every game.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 12:23]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Section 5 Row S on 12:32 - Aug 22 with 2216 viewsSuperfrans

Section 5 Row S on 12:10 - Aug 22 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

We were pretty terrible, for whatever reason.

I hate phrases like "disgrace" though, because theyimply a deliberate attempt not to contribute or do your job, which is rarely if ever the case with pro footballers. Even at our lowest points last season, I would never have accused our players of not caring, or not giving a toss - they just weren't good enough, not confident enough, not set up right etc.

The confidence point is why I would never boo - when you feel confident and on top of your game, everything you try tends to come off, or if it doesn't you continue to try things. When you're not confident, you tend not to take risks, often over-think what you're doing etc. If fans are booing you, this can only damage your confidence and reduce the chances of performing at your peak.

On top of that, a successful club is a club where everyone is pulling in the same direction. A player who is being booed by fans is bound to feel less supported and therefore less connected to the fans - and as a result this can also impact on their commitment, even (and often) subconsciously.

The bottom line, for me, even if I felt fans had a right to boo, is that it's just a stupid thing to do because it doesn't help make players/team perform better. And presumably that's what we all want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024