Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilson is a very solid defender..... 00:03 - Aug 21 with 2439 viewswiffin1

he’s certainly done himself no harm with his first two performances
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:04 - Aug 21 with 2438 viewstextbackup

He did nothing more, nothing less than chambers would have tonight IMO. we are fortunate to have those two that came slot in alongside the wolf
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 0:15]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:09 - Aug 21 with 2390 viewsGarv

He seems to lack a left foot. He was fairly no nonsense but I just wish he would keep the ball on the pitch a bit more. I lost count of the number of times he headed out for a throw.

Shouldn’t complain I suppose.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:15 - Aug 21 with 2365 viewswiffin1

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:09 - Aug 21 by Garv

He seems to lack a left foot. He was fairly no nonsense but I just wish he would keep the ball on the pitch a bit more. I lost count of the number of times he headed out for a throw.

I think they have probably been told just to knock it out at the moment after the chambers mistake!
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:16 - Aug 21 with 2352 viewsBent_double

Exactly, if Chambers had just kicked the ball out of play against Sunderland, we might have 2 more points now.

This ain't the Premier League, do the basics right first then maybe we can start to think about playing better football.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:20 - Aug 21 with 2333 viewsMrTown

Very solid basic, no nonsense, no p*ssing around, no taking a risk, just a basic defender.

A real good bit of business at this level. Would be absolutely fine with either of Chambo or Wilson slotting in alongside Woolf.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:23 - Aug 21 with 2312 viewsWickets

I get your point because i was thinking along those lines myself .Maybe he was remembering Chambers last week or maybe he knows his own ability so its safety first .
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 9:29]
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 13:48 - Aug 21 with 2004 viewsLusor

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 00:23 - Aug 21 by Wickets

I get your point because i was thinking along those lines myself .Maybe he was remembering Chambers last week or maybe he knows his own ability so its safety first .
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 9:29]

Probably unfair to criticise his lack of a left foot:
1. I've seen him use his left foot. It's not his natural side but it's more than adequate.
2. Wolfie had the luxury of playing in position. Wilson did no.

I'd still pick the 2 W's as first choice centre backs as the way forward, until Nsiala comes of age and fitness.
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 14:05 - Aug 21 with 1931 viewsKeaneish

Not a big fan. Chambers is far superior in my view as is Nsiala as a defender.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 14:13 - Aug 21 with 1897 viewsRegencyBlue

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 14:05 - Aug 21 by Keaneish

Not a big fan. Chambers is far superior in my view as is Nsiala as a defender.

Nsiala. Really?

Whenever I've seen him he's an accident waiting to happen with the ability to give a goal a game away!
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 14:15 - Aug 21 with 1888 viewsBigManBlue

I'm grateful we get to argue over which centre half is better and not just less sh*t for a change.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 08:21 - Aug 22 with 1636 viewsWickets

Yes he's done ok but is 4th choice when all fit for me and i think as it stands PL as well but strange things sometimes happen in football .
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 08:28 - Aug 22 with 1595 viewsPJH

Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 14:13 - Aug 21 by RegencyBlue

Nsiala. Really?

Whenever I've seen him he's an accident waiting to happen with the ability to give a goal a game away!

I think that by far Nsiala's best game for us was his last one (against Leeds) but it does seem to be a question of when the cock up will occur-a bit like Keith Stroud's refereeing.
Wilson is a very solid defender..... on 09:24 - Aug 22 with 1460 viewsBlueBlood90

I like my defenders to be defenders.

Nowadays it's fashionable to try and play out from the back but not everyone has the talent to do that.

I'd rather our defenders just focused on keeping the ball out of our net and let the midfielders be the creative players.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024