Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever felt like we've won a game by accident? 00:54 - Aug 21 with 794 viewsGarv

I don't think I've ever said that until tonight.

We scored two and they scored one, so we deserved to win, but I didn't feel like that if I'm honest. I didn't think we really looked like scoring, apart from corners.

I was always wary tonight could be damp squib, an anti climax etc, because of the expectation of a win, but that first half was as flat as it can get. I thought they did a good job of pressing us and didn't allow us much space, but we had three midfielders on, four if counting El Mizouni (who was half decent), and we had so few spells of passing in the middle of the pitch and seemingly no game plan. Most of our ball came between the back four. I half expected Lambo to make a change during the first half it was so bad.

Second half picked up but even then I think that was simply because of personnel and we still didn't create much. This wasn't helped by the fact we had lots of play out wide but sadly two full backs who aren't great crossers. I'm sure Donacien's evening has been covered at length already on here.

Wonderful corner from Judgey. I hope those who said after the Sunderland game we should have let QPR have him are having a re-think. Norwood's header was a better one than I thought having seen it back.

Could that Jackson goal see him really kick on? Impressively confidence finish.

All in all a slightly worrying game, but as the cliche goes if you're playing badly and winning games you're doing something right.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Ever felt like we've won a game by accident? on 01:11 - Aug 21 with 746 viewsyorkshire

To be honest I think we always looked the best team - I just think the formation was wrong first half - 2nd half was much better - especially after the subs came on - was sure we'd score at least one

I think last season that sort of thing never happened to us - plenty of games we put in a decent showing but just didn't get the rub of the green

Long may it contuine
Ever felt like we've won a game by accident? on 03:08 - Aug 21 with 673 viewsKieran_Knows

I think if Norwood buries that chance just before Wimbledon score, regardless of how bad we’d played, we’d have run out 3/4-0 winners.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024