Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight 03:32 - Aug 21 with 1684 viewsIllinoisblue

Random thoughts:

Kenlock did okay and I’m not sure he deserves the criticism he gets. Yes he’s raw but I think there’s a player there.

Rowe - largely anonymous. Not his best game.

Dozzell - the mystery continues. Love to see him take a game by the scruff of the neck but it doesn’t look like happening. Clearly has talent and vision but also disappears out of the game.

Downes - a bloody good player. How long will we be able to keep him?

Skuse - dominant at this level. Hasn’t had bad game this season.

The Wolf - looks very assured. Didn’t have a lot to do but looks very comfortable.

Wilson - like him. No nonsense.

Jackson - was good v Posh, unlucky to be dropped. Delighted to see him get the winner.

Norwood - what can you say. A legend in the making. Has a bit of devilment about him which we’ve lacked forever. Early early doors but could be our Grant Holt.

Lambert - still not quite sure what shape or system he wants to play and that first half was as bad - no, worse - than anything under McCarthy. But it seems OTT to whinge too much when averaging two points a game.

Late winners - Lambert’s budgie bastards had multiple late winners in their promotion season/s. Never underestimate the value of 90+ goals and the positivity they can generate.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 03:53 - Aug 21 with 1639 viewsSE1blue

Norwood’s ‘devilment’... I agree.

Was clearly getting in the ear of their goalie. Passing comments were made at every opportunity. Reminds me of Magilton.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:01 - Aug 21 with 1432 viewsJohnny_Boy

RE: Kenlock

IMHO. I thought he did okay going forward. But defensively, he worries me.

Now Skuse. The back pass & THAT slice/shot which went for a throw-in. Blimey.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 7:09]
“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:04 - Aug 21 with 1408 viewsSomethingBlue

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:01 - Aug 21 by Johnny_Boy

RE: Kenlock

IMHO. I thought he did okay going forward. But defensively, he worries me.

Now Skuse. The back pass & THAT slice/shot which went for a throw-in. Blimey.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 7:09]

What was going on with Skuse was that he played superbly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:13 - Aug 21 with 1366 viewsJohnny_Boy

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:04 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

That back pass was superb.

Joking aside. Had Kenlock, Josh or anyone else made those mistakes at this level - I am fairly confident more would have been made of them after the fact. Skuse doesn't escape criticism. Even after a 2-1 win.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 7:22]
“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:23 - Aug 21 with 1307 viewsWarkystache

I think Norwood will get more chances when he's got Keane playing with him, doing the Murphy-type stuff. Agree about Jackson, but there's still a bit of 'headless chicken' about him at times.

I thought Skuse did his usual 'breaking up play and intercepting' role very well. I like Rowe; he's forward-thinking but didn't have the best game last night. Downes was great in midfield. Dozzell looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on the pitch, and I wonder if he'll still be here at the end of January; £5 million looked very tempting at times last night.

I'm not convinced by Holy. His throw-outs were like daisy-cutters and he put Donacien in a spot of bother early second half. Also noticed his head went down as he trudged off at half-time. Ditto Donacien, who looked well short of the player we need. Woolfy was solid but I'd love to see him play with a better CB - that's not Wilson for me. Sorry, thought he did the basics OK but no more. I've never been a fan of Kenlock; too easily beaten defensively and his final ball.....well....Gus Uhlenbeek could cross better with his eyes closed.

El Miz didn't really get a chance to stamp any authority on the game and was a bit anonymous. Rowe tried hard but it wasn't his best game. Georgiou changed a lot when he came on; direct, pacey, tricky and good ideas. Judge looked better than he did against Sunderland but he's too good to just play a bit part; needs a bit of confidence and a run in the team.

I think when we get all our players fit and firing, we'll have too much for a lot of teams in this division. Imagine a fit Freddie, Keane, Edwards, Nolan and Toto back and I can only see us improving dramatically. Good that we're picking up wins in the mean time though!

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:24 - Aug 21 with 1303 viewsFrankfurtBlue

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:04 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Skuse does not ever play superbly, but he is also no pub league player. As is usual, the truth lies somewhere in between.

IMHO, he is a good player at this level. He reads the game well, positioning is excellent most of the time, gets a head or a foot in and makes the simple pass. What he doesn't do that would make him superb is look for the ball off the defenders constantly, dribble, drive on to win those second balls, or use a range of passing that I think he has. Best we don't mention his shooting technique or his forward first time lobs into nothingness.

Downes is verging on being superb because he does most of the above really well.

The question that I have is, do we really need both of them playing together, especially at home to teams, like the Wombles?
“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:31 - Aug 21 with 1255 viewsBryanPlug

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:24 - Aug 21 by FrankfurtBlue

Skuse does not ever play superbly, but he is also no pub league player. As is usual, the truth lies somewhere in between.

IMHO, he is a good player at this level. He reads the game well, positioning is excellent most of the time, gets a head or a foot in and makes the simple pass. What he doesn't do that would make him superb is look for the ball off the defenders constantly, dribble, drive on to win those second balls, or use a range of passing that I think he has. Best we don't mention his shooting technique or his forward first time lobs into nothingness.

Downes is verging on being superb because he does most of the above really well.

The question that I have is, do we really need both of them playing together, especially at home to teams, like the Wombles?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:35 - Aug 21 with 1230 viewsSomethingBlue

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:13 - Aug 21 by Johnny_Boy

That back pass was superb.

Joking aside. Had Kenlock, Josh or anyone else made those mistakes at this level - I am fairly confident more would have been made of them after the fact. Skuse doesn't escape criticism. Even after a 2-1 win.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 7:22]

The shot was just an off-balance skew in a scramble. Don't think there's much need to single Skuse out, it'd be weird nitpickery if we did, he was excellent.

Login to get fewer ads

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:36 - Aug 21 with 1217 viewsSomethingBlue

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:24 - Aug 21 by FrankfurtBlue

That last question is a fair and very difficult one. No idea what we do with all these midfield options in a few weeks' time.

It would not surprise me if some hefty offers came in for Downes in January.

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:36 - Aug 21 with 1214 viewsFrankfurtBlue

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 07:31 - Aug 21 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

True, except nothingness is usually the corner flag or into touch rather than the opposition box, where a huge slice of luck sees the defender miss it completely.
“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 08:37 - Aug 21 with 1020 viewsArnieM

It was a bit like “ Reuser....... Premiership” .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

“Jacksoooon... wins it for Ipswich!” Brenner is in my veins tonight on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 988 viewsHerbivore

I thought Kenlock was really poor again personally and I don't see a player in him. It's 3 or 4 years since his debut and for me he's not improved in that time. The only reason he gets cut slack by some is because he's home grown, but he's not a total novice anymore and he needs to start producing if he's ever going to cut it.

Agree with the rest of what you've said, although I'm a bit less effusive over Norwood. I like him, but he looks like he's trying a bit too hard. I feel like Jackson actually looks more of a threat when they're both on the pitch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024