Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few observations from yesterday 08:47 - Aug 21 with 1937 viewsclive_baker

Second consecutive performance where we’ve looked pretty poor IMO, against weak opposition. The saving grace is that we’ve got through the first 4 games of the season and now we’re perhaps closer to getting the weak links out of the side, namely the full backs. The additions are positive, and if Nolan can come back, and Huws, Dozzell, Judge and Edwards can all kick on then we really should be winning the midfield battle. Norwood is class, and exactly what we’ve missed for ages. Aside from being a very good footballer, I love his attitude. Him and Judge just have that maturity and professionalism, and will to win. They’ll grab us by the scruff of the neck and drag us up a level. An ipswich side without characters like that wouldn’t have won last night. A criticism i’ve had for a while is I think our players have got away with too much. A few boos last night and a rocket up their backsides isn’t a bad thing. We need to be obsessed with winning every game we play. McGoldrick’s departing comments said a lot and i think we’re turning that corner now.

Any side with ambitions to play decent football needs footballing fullbacks who want the ball. I don’t believe we’ve seen such players yet this season, and Donacien doesn’t have a future here for me. Lambert was right about him, and the sooner KVY can make that spot his own the better. Kenlock too to a lesser extent, and I’m sure he’ll face competition from Georgiou and Garbutt as the season progresses. I’m sorry but we absolutely have to go 2 up front and take it to teams this season, home or away. Keane getting fit will be a real win in that regard.

As for Wimbledon, nice of them to let a competition winner have a run out. I hope Rod McDonald enjoyed his day out.

On to the next one, 3 points at Bolton please. Anything less is a failure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

A few observations from yesterday on 09:15 - Aug 21 with 1803 viewsWickets

Well done ,very little to argue about i just agree with what you are saying .I have said on another thread Judge has to play he will be big for us this year . Skuse,how good was he last night, and Downes great together in midfield . I for one was not sure about the pairing last season but Flynn seems to have developed his game driving us forward second half ,very impressive . Poor first half of course just as well we made it count late on or we would have been saying too little too late . Unbeaten in four games and scoring late goals but its only the start need to keep it going .
A few observations from yesterday on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 1783 viewsblueysbackside

A few observations from yesterday on 09:15 - Aug 21 by Wickets

Well done ,very little to argue about i just agree with what you are saying .I have said on another thread Judge has to play he will be big for us this year . Skuse,how good was he last night, and Downes great together in midfield . I for one was not sure about the pairing last season but Flynn seems to have developed his game driving us forward second half ,very impressive . Poor first half of course just as well we made it count late on or we would have been saying too little too late . Unbeaten in four games and scoring late goals but its only the start need to keep it going .

If Downes and Skuse play in the centre and we have two up front, where do you play Judge?
He is lost out on the left.
A few observations from yesterday on 09:21 - Aug 21 with 1756 viewspointofblue

A few observations from yesterday on 09:17 - Aug 21 by blueysbackside

If Downes and Skuse play in the centre and we have two up front, where do you play Judge?

He seemed to have more life on the right last night so perhaps out there? Alternatively it’s a midfield diamond and we’d be relying on our full backs to push on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A few observations from yesterday on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 1745 viewsWickets

A few observations from yesterday on 09:17 - Aug 21 by blueysbackside

Well when we had the 3 of them on last night he pretty much had a free role and that best suits him. with the new additions that hopefull improve us at full/wing back that should be less of a problem . Remember we dont have to use that system every game or the whole of the game , so often when you get a change of system during the game you reap the rewards .
A few observations from yesterday on 09:24 - Aug 21 with 1741 viewsCuffy81

Agree with most of that.

First half we were so narrow, both El Miz and Rowe like to come inside the middle of the pitch was so congested.

Don's were happy to let our fullbacks have the ball

433 could work for us but we need more width, better full backs and get our midfield closer to Norwood.

We found a way to win..
A few observations from yesterday on 09:40 - Aug 21 with 1640 viewsSouperJim

Kenlock was half-decent second half and looked far more comfortable with Georgiou in front of him. Some good surging runs, carrying the ball forward, he often looks awkward but is quite a physical player and went past/through Wimbledon at times. I hope there is more to come from him, he's had a good spell in the side now but has been under pressure a lot and is still young. Would probably benefit from some time out of the side and then hopefully come again.

Donacien looks like what he is, a 4th choice centre half playing out of position. Why Lambert doesn't rate Emmanuel above him at RB I genuinely don't understand, he can't be any worse defensively and offers far more coming forwards. I still feel he will make a reasonable career for himself away from ITFC. Look forwards to seeing what Vincent-Young can do.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

A few observations from yesterday on 09:43 - Aug 21 with 1615 viewsMaySixth

I didn't think Peterborough or Wimbledon were weak opposition.

Weaker on paper than us maybe, but on the day played well

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

A few observations from yesterday on 10:10 - Aug 21 with 1529 viewsbracknell_blue

Indeed, 2 up front is a must. Jackson's pace frightened the life out of the Wimbledon centre backs. He and Norwood look like they are starting to form a decent partnership.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Login to get fewer ads

A few observations from yesterday on 10:50 - Aug 21 with 1448 viewsOxford_Blue

Looking poor but getting results is the sign that we have a chance of promotion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024