Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That pass from Dozzell was beautiful 09:42 - Aug 21 with 4912 viewsMaySixth

otherwise completely anonymous

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:43 - Aug 21 with 4215 viewsTractorCam

I said the exact same thing. Such a shame as he has that in his locker.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:45 - Aug 21 with 4204 viewsitfcjoe

Took 7 opposition players out with one pass, there must be a way of finding a role for him when you can do that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 4150 viewspointofblue

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:45 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Took 7 opposition players out with one pass, there must be a way of finding a role for him when you can do that

There should be but we can’t pick him for doing one sublime thing then disappearing for the rest of the match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:52 - Aug 21 with 4134 viewsBeckets

He needs to play centrally and part of a 2 which means displacing one of Skuse and Downes. We have a lot of good midfielders but he’s the only one who can play a pass like that.
That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:53 - Aug 21 with 4126 viewsclive_baker

He needs regular football. We all know what he’s capable of, but influencing a game and dictating the pace in midfield only comes with match sharpness and the confidence of regular football. The issue he’s got is we’re spoilt for choice in midfield, even more so when Nolan gets back who is probably his direct competition right now. AD is no different to any young player in that respect, you’ve only got to look at how Downes has matured as a footballer. I would start Dozzell against Bolton, I feel like we’ll see a bit more from him each passing week. He’s the real deal and absolutely has the potential to dominate in this division. The question is who gives way, as I want Judge in too, and Skuse, and Downes, and probably Nolan, and Huws, and natural width...I would end up playing 2-7-1.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:55 - Aug 21 with 4108 viewsSouperJim

Tend to agree, but he has to find more to his game. Far too deep too often, doesn't put himself about enough, no real effect on the game and undermines our ability to get on top and win the midfield battle. If Norwood doesn't put away the chance from the 1 world-class (pass), we are seriously weakening the side by including him for nothing.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:55 - Aug 21 with 4111 viewsDyland

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:50 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

There should be but we can’t pick him for doing one sublime thing then disappearing for the rest of the match.

Calling it "disappearing " isn't quite right though. If he's in the centre with two full backs pressing wide with the ball a la Georgiou last night, it gives him more to work with going forward. Andre isn't so good as to set up an entire system and players all around him, but he would thrive in a different club/time/place. Got a feeling he won't be around here for much longer, which is a fooking shame.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

He needs to find his own role.... on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 4088 viewsBloots

....and he needs to influence games.

He's simply not taking his chances when they are given to him.

Personally I think he should have gone out on loan, look how it benefited Downes and Woolfenden, but it's probably too late for that now.

I think he needs to move on.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:00 - Aug 21 with 4061 viewsHerbivore

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 09:53 - Aug 21 by clive_baker

He needs regular football. We all know what he’s capable of, but influencing a game and dictating the pace in midfield only comes with match sharpness and the confidence of regular football. The issue he’s got is we’re spoilt for choice in midfield, even more so when Nolan gets back who is probably his direct competition right now. AD is no different to any young player in that respect, you’ve only got to look at how Downes has matured as a footballer. I would start Dozzell against Bolton, I feel like we’ll see a bit more from him each passing week. He’s the real deal and absolutely has the potential to dominate in this division. The question is who gives way, as I want Judge in too, and Skuse, and Downes, and probably Nolan, and Huws, and natural width...I would end up playing 2-7-1.

I'd loan him out. He's not worth a place in our side on merit currently but he needs to play games to improve. We have too many riches in midfield to give Dozzell a run of 5 or 6 games when he's not playing well in the hope that he'll eventually come good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:11 - Aug 21 with 3995 viewsclive_baker

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:00 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

I'd loan him out. He's not worth a place in our side on merit currently but he needs to play games to improve. We have too many riches in midfield to give Dozzell a run of 5 or 6 games when he's not playing well in the hope that he'll eventually come good.

He either needs to play here or play somewhere else, that’s for sure. Personally I would make sure he’s playing regularly here because he’s too good not to be utilising IMO. I think it’s harsh to say ‘not playing well’ as he’s barely been given a proper opportunity or run in the team here, and he’s certainly not played badly. It’s unfair to judge a player based on fleeting appearances. He needs a proper opportunity to make his mark, as others have been given. You’re right that we have a lot of midfielders though, which is tough luck for some. Donacien has started games by virtue of the fact there’s barely anyone to challenge him, arguably so has Kenlock. Woolfenden too. AD doesn’t have that luxury. Skuse is playing so well, as is Downes, which makes it hard to see anyone else getting time centrally at the moment. I think Bishop can be forgotten about for now, and Huws has more to prove than Dozzell given he’s barely kicked a ball in 2 years.

Personally I think a diamond of Skuse, Downes, Dozzell, Judge offers great balance. I would love to see that, with Norwood & Keane / Jackson up front.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:20 - Aug 21 with 3955 viewsTractorJack

I find the scrutiny of Dozzell after every appearance bizarre.

As a reminder, here are the number of senior minutes Dozzell has played.

15/16 - 104
16/17 - 410
17/18 - 49
18/19 - 1130
19/20 - 110
Total - 1803

So the equivalent of 20 senior 90's since he made his debut 3 years ago. That's nothing.

As a comparison, Downes, who is the same age has had double the minutes. It's fair to say he made mistakes early on and is only now proving to be a consistent performer.

17/18 - 1265 (inc Luton loan)
18/19 - 2031
19/20 - 321
Total - 3617
That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:29 - Aug 21 with 3913 viewsHerbivore

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:11 - Aug 21 by clive_baker

He either needs to play here or play somewhere else, that’s for sure. Personally I would make sure he’s playing regularly here because he’s too good not to be utilising IMO. I think it’s harsh to say ‘not playing well’ as he’s barely been given a proper opportunity or run in the team here, and he’s certainly not played badly. It’s unfair to judge a player based on fleeting appearances. He needs a proper opportunity to make his mark, as others have been given. You’re right that we have a lot of midfielders though, which is tough luck for some. Donacien has started games by virtue of the fact there’s barely anyone to challenge him, arguably so has Kenlock. Woolfenden too. AD doesn’t have that luxury. Skuse is playing so well, as is Downes, which makes it hard to see anyone else getting time centrally at the moment. I think Bishop can be forgotten about for now, and Huws has more to prove than Dozzell given he’s barely kicked a ball in 2 years.

Personally I think a diamond of Skuse, Downes, Dozzell, Judge offers great balance. I would love to see that, with Norwood & Keane / Jackson up front.

The issue is though that when he has been given chances he's not done anywhere near enough to show that he's too good to leave out. It's a bit of a catch 22 in that you're right that he needs a run of games to really show his quality but to earn that run of games he needs to show he's good enough to justify being given that run. Downes has managed it though to be fair.

I like Dozzer and want him to do well and I've seen enough glimpses of his potential to think he could be a very good player. I just feel for his development and our long term benefit he might be better off having a stint somewhere else where he will get regular minutes and be able to work on his game. It worked well for Downes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

He needs to find his own role.... on 10:48 - Aug 21 with 3850 viewsNthQldITFC

He needs to find his own role.... on 09:57 - Aug 21 by Bloots

....and he needs to influence games.

He's simply not taking his chances when they are given to him.

Personally I think he should have gone out on loan, look how it benefited Downes and Woolfenden, but it's probably too late for that now.

I think he needs to move on.

Different players, with different skill sets, different physiques and different mentalities, need differing paths for progression.

AD I think, needs a long steady development, whether that's in and out of the team like now, making little steps of progress, or a period out on loan at the RIGHT club (right system, right encouragement, playing more regularly).

If its here, everyone (him, management AND FANS) needs to be aware that's the way forward, and requires patience. For me, he shouldn't be starting too many games right now, but he should be coming on for half an hour in games where we have good control, where he can develop in a lower pressure situation and really start to shine.

One things for sure, he's got bags of talent, and we need to nurture it in the right way, and as fans, not demand instant results and get on his back either from the stands or from the internet. He's a slow developer, and that's just fine.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 11:07 - Aug 21 with 3798 viewsSuperfrans

Andre just wasn't involved enough.

He had 24 touches. No other outfield player had so few - Rowe had 33, Norwood 36, El Mizouni 41. Nobody else outfield had less than 70 touches.

Judge had as many touches (and as many accurate passes - 16) in just 18 minutes on the pitch (compared to Andre's 60 mins).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 11:48 - Aug 21 with 3725 viewsSuperfrans

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 10:20 - Aug 21 by TractorJack

I find the scrutiny of Dozzell after every appearance bizarre.

As a reminder, here are the number of senior minutes Dozzell has played.

15/16 - 104
16/17 - 410
17/18 - 49
18/19 - 1130
19/20 - 110
Total - 1803

So the equivalent of 20 senior 90's since he made his debut 3 years ago. That's nothing.

As a comparison, Downes, who is the same age has had double the minutes. It's fair to say he made mistakes early on and is only now proving to be a consistent performer.

17/18 - 1265 (inc Luton loan)
18/19 - 2031
19/20 - 321
Total - 3617

To be fair though, the reason Andre has played fewer minutes is *because* he hasn't imposed himself on games enough.

Excellent stattage..... on 11:51 - Aug 21 with 3713 viewsBloots

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 11:07 - Aug 21 by Superfrans

Andre just wasn't involved enough.

He had 24 touches. No other outfield player had so few - Rowe had 33, Norwood 36, El Mizouni 41. Nobody else outfield had less than 70 touches.

Judge had as many touches (and as many accurate passes - 16) in just 18 minutes on the pitch (compared to Andre's 60 mins).

....reiterates what we were saying last night, he just doesn't influence the game enough.

People will obviously make excuses, but he's certainly not demanding the ball in the way he should.

Making one pass a month just isn't going to cut it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Excellent stattage..... on 11:57 - Aug 21 with 3699 viewsSuperfrans

Excellent stattage..... on 11:51 - Aug 21 by Bloots

....reiterates what we were saying last night, he just doesn't influence the game enough.

People will obviously make excuses, but he's certainly not demanding the ball in the way he should.

Agreed. Although, when you *do* have a player with his talent, there is a responsibility with the manager/coach to fit him into your system.

At the moment, I just cant see it. And it may be that League One is not the right division for him, certainly not in a team looking to build a promotion campaign.

Excellent stattage..... on 12:20 - Aug 21 with 3642 viewsReuser_is_God

Excellent stattage..... on 11:51 - Aug 21 by Bloots

Indeed.

there were numerous times last night where he should've been showing for the ball but was hiding.

That's not a good sign from a supposedly deep lying play maker.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Excellent stattage..... on 12:53 - Aug 21 with 3592 viewsSouperJim

Excellent stattage..... on 12:20 - Aug 21 by Reuser_is_God

Indeed.

there were numerous times last night where he should've been showing for the ball but was hiding.

That's not a good sign from a supposedly deep lying play maker.

To compare him to our last true playmaker, he doesn't get about the pitch enough, doesn't demand the ball and doesn't have any real fight. Magilton was a hell of player even on the days when his clever through balls didn't come off. On current evidence, Dozzer is a liability if his don't.

Ok, very harsh to judge such a young player on those terms given how little football he's had, but that's what he has to aim for. We're repeatedly told what a great prospect he is, Nodge want to buy him for £5M etc. This is how most fans see him and he simply doesn't live up to it at present. If he can't stamp his mark on league one, then he needs to go and play games somewhere even uglier.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 13:43 - Aug 21 with 3496 viewsBloomBlue

But Norwood should score with that chance and 1-0 to Town would completely change the game. Every great team has a player who can produce that special bit of magic.
That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:26 - Aug 21 with 3408 viewsMaySixth

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 13:43 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

But Norwood should score with that chance and 1-0 to Town would completely change the game. Every great team has a player who can produce that special bit of magic.

I personally think a loan spell for a few months would help him but it's crucial that he starts regularly and it's for the right club.

Would a spell abroad help?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 3383 viewseddiespearitt03

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:26 - Aug 21 by MaySixth

I personally think a loan spell for a few months would help him but it's crucial that he starts regularly and it's for the right club.

Would a spell abroad help?

Can he handle a full season ? Can he play 20 full games on the trot ? A good player but as someone said he needs to assert his authority in the game for 90 minutes. A bit more aggression needed. Add a bit of tough tackling and running with the ball to his game and then you,ll have one hellava player. He has the football brain to move up to the next level.
That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:40 - Aug 21 with 3369 viewspennblue

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:35 - Aug 21 by eddiespearitt03

Can he handle a full season ? Can he play 20 full games on the trot ? A good player but as someone said he needs to assert his authority in the game for 90 minutes. A bit more aggression needed. Add a bit of tough tackling and running with the ball to his game and then you,ll have one hellava player. He has the football brain to move up to the next level.

I think we need to get off his case. He is only a youngster, and certainly was Ipswich through and through, although he would be forgiven if he changed his mind on that.

We need to bring him on with more game time this year. Jason will no doubt be going through his performances with him and coaching him on how to make more of an impact.

He is probably concerned of getting another injury right now, we just need to be patient.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:42 - Aug 21 with 3363 viewsRegencyBlue

Too lightweight for me, certainly in this Division.

He's got skill but he has to earn the right to use it. When he has been given a chance he fails to impose himself on games. Last night was a classic example, one sublime pass that could have led to a goal but, other than that, nothing that I can recall.

Somebody behind me was saying he is stealing a living off his dads name! Thats a bit harsh but I do think he is overrated by some because of who he is, not what he has done.

The injury didnt do him any favours but he needs to show a lot more than he has done so far if he's really going to make it.
That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 3307 viewsSuperfrans

That pass from Dozzell was beautiful on 14:40 - Aug 21 by pennblue

I think we need to get off his case. He is only a youngster, and certainly was Ipswich through and through, although he would be forgiven if he changed his mind on that.

We need to bring him on with more game time this year. Jason will no doubt be going through his performances with him and coaching him on how to make more of an impact.

He is probably concerned of getting another injury right now, we just need to be patient.

There's a lot of focus on him because of his name and his debut goal. But this is stoked by the sublime passes he occasionally makes - but isn't yet able to deliver on a consistent basis.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024