Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters a bit harsh? 09:54 - Aug 21 with 4455 viewsBlueySwede

I think some supporters are a bit harsh on the team at the moment. We are not yet the finished article.
Yes, Lambert got his tactics wrong, but he at least changed it around, where a more stubborn manager would have persisted.
First half wasn´t good, but we still dominated the game and should never have been behind (I blame that mostly on Donacien for that one). We had our chances.
Many teams will sit back against us, patience will be a virtue this season, both for players and supporters.
Credit to the supporters at PR, the atmosphere towards the end really came through the telly. Keep it up!
Supporters a bit harsh? on 13:12 - Aug 21 with 568 viewsBlueySwede

Supporters a bit harsh? on 12:54 - Aug 21 by BrixtonBlue

You must've been watching a different game to me. I saw LOADS of "just lumping it."

Take a look at the posession stats..
Supporters a bit harsh? on 14:23 - Aug 21 with 540 viewsBrixtonBlue

Supporters a bit harsh? on 13:01 - Aug 21 by thatdamgood89

Not in the first half we didn't. Now this is from memory because bad halves don't always stick well, but, in the First half we were having too much of the ball in our own half. Eventually you knock it down the line but that's just the outlet ball when you have played too many passes and been boxed in and not every ball off the ground forward is a 'lump'

First half we were too slow, too happy to play in our own half. No one wanted to turn and make things happen.

Agreed. But I was taking the game as a whole.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Supporters a bit harsh? on 14:24 - Aug 21 with 535 viewsBrixtonBlue

Supporters a bit harsh? on 13:12 - Aug 21 by BlueySwede

Take a look at the posession stats..

I did. First half we had LOADS of possession ...and did nothing with it. Then we started hoofing.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Supporters a bit harsh? on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 530 viewsBlueySwede

Supporters a bit harsh? on 14:24 - Aug 21 by BrixtonBlue

I did. First half we had LOADS of possession ...and did nothing with it. Then we started hoofing.

Posession still 62-38 in our advantage. Not saying we were great on the ball, we could have kept the ball down a bit more, but we didn´t hoof it all the time. Even top teams need to go direct sometimes when the opposition is hard to break down.
Supporters a bit harsh? on 18:03 - Aug 21 with 504 viewsBrixtonBlue

Supporters a bit harsh? on 14:32 - Aug 21 by BlueySwede

Posession still 62-38 in our advantage. Not saying we were great on the ball, we could have kept the ball down a bit more, but we didn´t hoof it all the time. Even top teams need to go direct sometimes when the opposition is hard to break down.

I said loads of hoofing, not "all the time."

Supporters a bit harsh? on 19:36 - Aug 21 with 487 viewsglasso

Supporters a bit harsh? on 11:13 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

I'd like the "PR Paul" stuff to go in the bin and stay there. It's not helpful and it astonishes me that a few people are using it given what he's done to get the crowds going & some sort of buzz returning - 18.5k in there last night was spectacular in the circumstances, last season I thought we'd be getting 12/13k tops for that kind of game. We need it. Yes we need the results too but we're currently getting them nicely enough so I'd rather any cynicism — not constructive criticism, that's different and often valid — was parked because it's really boring and not very clever.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 11:13]

Exactly this. MM's football was dire, but it was *always* dire - we were never a beautiful football team under him. The cracks started to appear when he stopped working with the fans and the atmosphere turned Portman Road into a horrible place to be.

Lambert's 'PR' is absolutely essential to this club, not something he's doing to paper over the cracks and hide the fact he's not a good manager. The first step is to fill the ground (as much as possible) and build some togetherness about the club, and then we can push on from there.
Supporters a bit harsh? on 04:22 - Aug 22 with 456 viewsharlingblue

Well that was hard work, but in the end a welcomed 3 points.
The first half was dire, no hard pressing from the Town, our play was laboured and lacking any passion or tactical nous. Our fullbacks had no confidence to attack, while Dozzell, who should have been our playmaker was anonymous, only Downes, Skuse, Woolfenden and to a lesser extent El Mizouni were worthy of any real credit in a half that saw us 1-0 down.
The introduction of Georgiou at the start of the second half, was a instant success, but it was not until a change of system during the second half...back to 4-4-2, with Jackson and Judge joining the fray, that Town finally got to grips with the game, pushed for a result, and finally won it with two late goals, from the STRIKING PAIR Norwood and Jackson. PL please don't tinker too much, find the true formation, and stick with it?
Our supporters are not harsh, and support the club in great numbers, they can see a wrongly picked formation and have every right to vent their feelings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024