Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? 11:50 - Aug 21 with 3317 viewsJackPITFC

What a start to the season for the young man, i for one was gutted that Hurst decided to loan him out last season, but getting games under his belt has certainly helped him toughen up as a player and the experience he gained is invaluable, staying here last year may have completely destroyed his morale, but he looks full of confidence and has come back a really accomplished centre half.

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 11:52 - Aug 21 with 3051 viewsTractorCam

He certainly should be our number 1 choice right now, Chambers will presumably still slot in so it's whether he throws Nsiala in or not, maybe he'll go with a back 3.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 3037 viewsiamipswich

I think he's certainly a nailed on starter as long as he performs at this level. As Mick Mills said last night, I don't think it'll be too long until he becomes the best CB at the club.

As is often the case with young players, you've got to manage the workload and if we can rest him every now and then that should help him maintain a high performance level throughout the season.

Maybe Bolton is a good opportunity to give him a breather and have Wilson and Chambers as a more than able Centre-Back pairing.

Poll: Who will return first?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:00 - Aug 21 with 2999 viewsJackPITFC

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 11:54 - Aug 21 by iamipswich

I think he's certainly a nailed on starter as long as he performs at this level. As Mick Mills said last night, I don't think it'll be too long until he becomes the best CB at the club.

As is often the case with young players, you've got to manage the workload and if we can rest him every now and then that should help him maintain a high performance level throughout the season.

Maybe Bolton is a good opportunity to give him a breather and have Wilson and Chambers as a more than able Centre-Back pairing.

Agree in regards to Chambers and Wilson against Bolton, he just oozes confidence, really looks a top player, hope he carries on his terrific start too the season, he will make the odd mistake but is still a young player learning his trade.

His one main mistake was the free kick he gave away at P'boro (Harsh, wasn't a free kick, but gave the ref a decision too make.) Great too see the likes of Woolfy, Kenlock & Downes academy players making themselves nailed on starters every week.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 2966 viewsBlueySwede

He probably will be rested now and then, but what a start to the season.
Yes, he makes the odd mistake (giving away some unnecessary free kicks, some questions about his positioning etc) , but he still feels like our most dependable defender.
If he continues to improve, big clubs will be knock on our door in a year or so.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 2961 viewscrossyitfc

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:00 - Aug 21 by JackPITFC

Agree in regards to Chambers and Wilson against Bolton, he just oozes confidence, really looks a top player, hope he carries on his terrific start too the season, he will make the odd mistake but is still a young player learning his trade.

His one main mistake was the free kick he gave away at P'boro (Harsh, wasn't a free kick, but gave the ref a decision too make.) Great too see the likes of Woolfy, Kenlock & Downes academy players making themselves nailed on starters every week.

I'd say Kenlock is anything but a nailed on starter, IMVHO
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:05 - Aug 21 with 2951 viewschicoazul

Not as long as we fail to keep clean sheets no. And I think Woolf & Chambo is a bit lightweight so I think once Toto is fit he will be in there with Chambo until he gets suspended for 3 games again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 2892 viewsBluearmy71

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 11:54 - Aug 21 by iamipswich

The little I have seen of him i think he has been excellent and for me I see more potential than Titus ever had when first coming on the scene and in all honesty I think he has every single attribute to get to and stay at the top level of football, I have no qualms in saying in Wolfy we have a talent that can be likened to the legend that is Terry Butcher and we all know just how good he was!
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 2816 viewsJackPITFC

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:03 - Aug 21 by crossyitfc

I'd say Kenlock is anything but a nailed on starter, IMVHO

i agree, but based on the players available in that position he is the best available, certainly an area of the squad if a signing can be made would definitely strengthen us, but maybe that competition in that position would make him perform better, because Kenlock is certainly a confidence player, that second half performance with Georgiou in front of him will do him the world of good, as his confidence looked shot first half.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:27 - Aug 21 with 2794 viewsnrb1985

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:11 - Aug 21 by Bluearmy71

The little I have seen of him i think he has been excellent and for me I see more potential than Titus ever had when first coming on the scene and in all honesty I think he has every single attribute to get to and stay at the top level of football, I have no qualms in saying in Wolfy we have a talent that can be likened to the legend that is Terry Butcher and we all know just how good he was!

I'm excited too but this is a bit silly.

Titus came in and killed the premier league in his first season from the off. Playing against the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Hasselbaink, Phillips, Van Nistelroy etc.

We currently play in League 1...

Long may his good form continue though and fingers crossed we have a gem on our hands.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:33 - Aug 21 with 2762 viewsMetal_Hacker

I posted a few weeks before the season this would hopefully be his season.....and it's certainly going that way . I really like what I see with Wolfy , coupled with Flynn's start , we'll do well to keep hold of those two if we don't go up this season

Poll: If it were one or the other

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:34 - Aug 21 with 2751 viewscrossyitfc

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:23 - Aug 21 by JackPITFC

i agree, but based on the players available in that position he is the best available, certainly an area of the squad if a signing can be made would definitely strengthen us, but maybe that competition in that position would make him perform better, because Kenlock is certainly a confidence player, that second half performance with Georgiou in front of him will do him the world of good, as his confidence looked shot first half.

Fair point. Kenlock is certainly a better player when we are on the front foot. The problem is he's a defender and unfortunately that isn't his strong point.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:36 - Aug 21 with 2731 viewsthatdamgood89

Wow. Woolf is certainly a talent. I'm really looking forward to seeing him progress. Both the Woolf and Toto have the more upside and should/could be our center half pairing for many many years to come. #EXCITING

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:52 - Aug 21 with 2675 viewsBlue_Order

Number twenty eight
He’s fücking great
Luke Woolfenden
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:53 - Aug 21 with 2665 viewsReuser_is_God

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:52 - Aug 21 by Blue_Order

Number twenty eight
He’s fücking great
Luke Woolfenden

What's happened to the Amsterdam in 81 chant?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:59 - Aug 21 with 2620 viewstextbackup

Number twenty eight
He’s fücking great
Luke Woolfenden

Tune?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 2507 viewsblueislander

Pre season there were plenty of naysayers who didn’t think he was good enough. Many of these also thought that it was lunacy to play the youngsters as they would get kicked off the park every match.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 2503 viewsJoHnNnY

Playing like he has - first choice CB

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:33 - Aug 21 with 2487 viewsBlue_Order

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:53 - Aug 21 by Reuser_is_God

What's happened to the Amsterdam in 81 chant?

We’re trying mate, but it’s slow going at the moment. We’ve got another one which I think is a beauty but that’s not taking yet either.

Last night was shïte in there tbh. Won’t go into detail but the atmosphere was hindered quite a bit.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:38 - Aug 21 with 2441 viewsBlue_Order

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:59 - Aug 21 by textbackup

Tune?

Same tune as “we’re the tr*ctor boys, gonna make some noise”

Haven’t sung it at any games but it’s quite popular in my head.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:40 - Aug 21 with 2420 viewsPJH

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 12:11 - Aug 21 by Bluearmy71

I agree with most of that but when I saw Titus make his debut at Sheffield United I said to my son that we had just seen the new Kevin Beattie-as it happened we had not because nobody since has been or will be that good.
I did actually say to my son last night how assured Woolfy looked and I agree that he has the potential to go on to be something special and join a list of very high class ITFC central defenders.
Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:42 - Aug 21 with 2401 viewsitfcjoe

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:33 - Aug 21 by Blue_Order

We’re trying mate, but it’s slow going at the moment. We’ve got another one which I think is a beauty but that’s not taking yet either.

Last night was shïte in there tbh. Won’t go into detail but the atmosphere was hindered quite a bit.

Heard this on the World Football Phone In the other day, no doubt it has been nicked and spread already but sounds quality

Y dale alegría alegría a mi corazón
La Copa Libertadores es mi obsession
Copamos Belo Horizonte e Assunción
Bostero vos los mirás por televisión
¿Que vás a hacer?
Si vos nos tenés los huevos de River Plate
¡Y Si Señor
De la mano del Muñeco vamo a Japón!

Give joy, joy to my heart
The Copa Libertadores is my obsession
We took over Belo Horizonte and Asunción
Bostero (Boca fan), you now watch it on TV
What are you gonna do?
If you don't have balls like River Plate
And yes Sir,
With Muñeco leading we will go to Japan
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 13:43]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:45 - Aug 21 with 2371 viewscaught-in-limbo

Number twenty eight
He’s fücking great
Luke Woolfenden

Woolfenden, Woolfenden, Woolfenden,
Woolfenden, Woolfenden, Woolfende'en.

Woolfenden, Woolfenden, Woolfenden,
Woolfende'en, Wool Fen Den.

Tune: Ingerlund

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:45 - Aug 21 with 2370 viewsSouperJim

I thought the atmosphere first half was as pants as our performance, a lot of fans turning up and expecting Wimbledon to roll over. We're not going to smash teams by 3 or 4 every week.

Improved a bit second, last 10 minutes obviously, but Lambo saying it was like the North were trying to suck the ball in the net... nah. It's been much louder than that, even in the recent past. Rotherham last season for example, and that was a backs to the wall defensive job.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 14:07 - Aug 21 with 2295 viewsReuser_is_God

Too many people thinking they're the bollox I'd imagine.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 14:08 - Aug 21 with 2274 viewsBlue_Order

Luke Woolfenden, is he undroppable? on 13:42 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Heard this on the World Football Phone In the other day, no doubt it has been nicked and spread already but sounds quality

Y dale alegría alegría a mi corazón
La Copa Libertadores es mi obsession
Copamos Belo Horizonte e Assunción
Bostero vos los mirás por televisión
¿Que vás a hacer?
Si vos nos tenés los huevos de River Plate
¡Y Si Señor
De la mano del Muñeco vamo a Japón!

Give joy, joy to my heart
The Copa Libertadores is my obsession
We took over Belo Horizonte and Asunción
Bostero (Boca fan), you now watch it on TV
What are you gonna do?
If you don't have balls like River Plate
And yes Sir,
With Muñeco leading we will go to Japan
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 13:43]

Aye, that’s a great tune. Liverpool sing it for Firmino and Wolves for Jimenez. Probably a few other teams now too.

We’ve got a song to this tune. We haven’t really pushed it in the section yet, but it showed promise at the Cambridge friendly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024