Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... 15:13 - Aug 21 with 2442 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

...and yet a win is a win, and that’s all that matters really. Somehow we’re fifth in the table just 2 points off top having been nowhere near convincing so far

Bolton at the weekend (assuming it goes ahead) represents a really good chance to build some momentum and confidence. If the opportunity arises I hope we’re properly ruthless and go for the jugular - as I really think a big win could act as a springboard for the season. Here’s hoping 🙏🏻

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:15 - Aug 21 with 2430 viewsHerbivore

I've always maintained we should go up, not because we are very good but because League 1 is cack. So far after 8 points in 4 games where we've only played well in brief spells that looks accurate. Like you I hope for a big win and some improved performances as confidence returns.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:15 - Aug 21 with 2419 viewsKeaneish

We should expect nothing less against what is a Bolton under 21 team.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:18 - Aug 21 with 2392 viewsKieran_Knows

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:15 - Aug 21 by Keaneish

We should expect nothing less against what is a Bolton under 21 team.

Bolton still had 4 senior players play for them on the weekend, and Wimbledon's average age last night was lower than what Bolton's was on the weekend....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:22 - Aug 21 with 2347 viewsBigManBlue

A lot of teams will set up to frustrate us and slow the game down as much as possible. Winning ugly is fine, it'll be drawing ugly that we need to worry about.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:30 - Aug 21 with 2316 viewsJHines

Part time fan.

TheBoyWonder

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:38 - Aug 21 with 2262 viewshomer_123

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:15 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

I've always maintained we should go up, not because we are very good but because League 1 is cack. So far after 8 points in 4 games where we've only played well in brief spells that looks accurate. Like you I hope for a big win and some improved performances as confidence returns.

Herein lies our problem...we still only play in patches and are still collectively and individually making mistakes and getting punished.

Wimbledon were awful and we matched them bar 25 mins.

We must start dominating a bit more...turning those patches of decent spells into longer periods and goals.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:40 - Aug 21 with 2246 viewsHerbivore

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:38 - Aug 21 by homer_123

Herein lies our problem...we still only play in patches and are still collectively and individually making mistakes and getting punished.

We must start dominating a bit more...turning those patches of decent spells into longer periods and goals.

Agreed, although 8 points from 4 games - 3 of which have been against fellow promotion contenders - suggests that playing in patches we are still plenty good enough to sustain a top 6 push as a minimum. If we can find some confidence and consistency we might just walk it.

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 2202 viewshomer_123

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:40 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

Agreed, although 8 points from 4 games - 3 of which have been against fellow promotion contenders - suggests that playing in patches we are still plenty good enough to sustain a top 6 push as a minimum. If we can find some confidence and consistency we might just walk it.

It's not a bad return....could be better....if we build over the next few games....bit of momentum and confidence that will be a big help.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:56 - Aug 21 with 2175 viewsKropotkin123

It's the fourth game of the season and people seem to be expecting us to play like a top championship side. We don't need to be at that level yet until next season. We can build to that.

Take Barnesly's 2nd place finish. They lost 7 games. 5 of which came in their opening 20 games. This included a 3-1 loss to Shrewsbury (18th) and a 1-0 loss to Wycombe (17th).

The sooner people realise we aren't the invincibles and it is the start of the season the better.

When we lose - and it is when, not if - this place is going to be insufferable.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:58 - Aug 21 with 2157 viewsHerbivore

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:46 - Aug 21 by homer_123

It's not a bad return....could be better....if we build over the next few games....bit of momentum and confidence that will be a big help.

If you look at it purely points wise it's hard to argue that it's anything other than a good return given the fixtures we've had.

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:23 - Aug 21 with 2098 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:58 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

If you look at it purely points wise it's hard to argue that it's anything other than a good return given the fixtures we've had.

Maybe, although we’ve played 3 of the bottom 8 as it stands...

I think you’re probably right though

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:32 - Aug 21 with 2069 viewsPositivelyPortman

Can you imagine the dejection and wailing on here if we’d only managed a draw?
One last minute beauty from Jacko changed the mood for us all.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:36 - Aug 21 with 2053 viewsKropotkin123

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:23 - Aug 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No we haven't. One - Wimbledon

club, position, bookies prediction
Sunderland - 6th, favourites for the league title
Peterborough - 15th, play-off favourites
Burton - 9th, play-off contenders
Wimbledon - 20th, outside chance of relegation
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 16:39]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:38 - Aug 21 with 2046 viewsHerbivore

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:23 - Aug 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The table after 4 games doesn't mean much. Burton finished 9th last year but finished well and were strong at home. Peterbrough are usually there abouts and strengthened over the summer significantly. Sunderland are promotion favourites. I think it's hard to argue the points return hasn't been good, it very much has. Performances are a different story.

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:44 - Aug 21 with 2007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:36 - Aug 21 by Kropotkin123

No we haven't. One - Wimbledon

club, position, bookies prediction
Sunderland - 6th, favourites for the league title
Peterborough - 15th, play-off favourites
Burton - 9th, play-off contenders
Wimbledon - 20th, outside chance of relegation
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 16:39]

Just realised Phil needs to update his table link - although you’d have thought I’d have spotted we weren’t fifth! 🙄

As we were

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:54 - Aug 21 with 1968 viewsBloomBlue

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 15:38 - Aug 21 by homer_123

I never understand this obsession with mistakes, can you show me a football team/individual which doesn't make a mistake?

ManC and Liverpool both made mistakes at the weekend. You can argue any goal conceded by a team is a mistake, all teams will make mistakes.
Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1954 viewsKropotkin123

Poor, disjointed, unwhelming, not good enough... on 16:54 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

I never understand this obsession with mistakes, can you show me a football team/individual which doesn't make a mistake?

ManC and Liverpool both made mistakes at the weekend. You can argue any goal conceded by a team is a mistake, all teams will make mistakes.

I don't know about that... Bury haven't made a mistake all season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024