Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This has got to be Peak Trump 16:52 - Aug 21 with 557 viewsOldsmoker

He's finally lost it.
Trump promotes claim Jewish Israelis love him like he is ‘King of Israel and second coming of God'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-latest-

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This has got to be Peak Trump on 17:00 - Aug 21 with 532 viewsDarth_Koont

He's another Orban - a racist who Netanyahu and the religious right (in Israel and the US) like because he hates Muslims and dissenting non-Zionist Jews as much as they do.

We should be more worried about the rise of religious and ethnic nationalism here than we are about the similar Islamic fundamentalism. These extremists aren't terrorists in hiding or ragtag forces in a remote desert, they have their hands on the levers of power.

Pronouns: He/Him

This has got to be Peak Trump on 17:26 - Aug 21 with 485 viewsOldsmoker

This has got to be Peak Trump on 17:00 - Aug 21 by Darth_Koont

He's another Orban - a racist who Netanyahu and the religious right (in Israel and the US) like because he hates Muslims and dissenting non-Zionist Jews as much as they do.

We should be more worried about the rise of religious and ethnic nationalism here than we are about the similar Islamic fundamentalism. These extremists aren't terrorists in hiding or ragtag forces in a remote desert, they have their hands on the levers of power.

Agreed.
We should be concerned with Islamic Fundamentalism and our authorities are and have been for some time.
As you say, we should also be concerned with those on the other side of the spectrum such as Muslim-haters and white nationalists but the authorities have been lukewarm in their response. They don't see the same threat in these people that they see in the followers of Islam. If people like Orban and Netanyahu can promote their anti-muslim agendas with no opposition then they will push the boundaries as far as they can until they commit an atrocity-too-far. In the meantime, small atrocities and demonising rhetoric continues with hardly any criticism from other world leaders which shames us all.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024