Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the bolton game 22:46 - Aug 21 with 4999 viewstextbackup

if it goes ahead, and we win say 4-0, then in 2 weeks they get booted out of the league does the result stand?
no idea how these things work

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

the bolton game on 22:50 - Aug 21 with 4962 viewsxrayspecs

No.

If a team fails to complete its fixtures, then (normally) all results are removed. If Bolton folded in two weeks, all their results would be removed. If, as last season, they failed to complete a fixture or two at the end of the season, then the league may just award walkovers.

In an odd way, if Bolton are going out of the league, then better our game gets called off. We can have a week off rather than play a needless fixture.
the bolton game on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 4918 viewstextbackup

the bolton game on 22:50 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

No.

If a team fails to complete its fixtures, then (normally) all results are removed. If Bolton folded in two weeks, all their results would be removed. If, as last season, they failed to complete a fixture or two at the end of the season, then the league may just award walkovers.

In an odd way, if Bolton are going out of the league, then better our game gets called off. We can have a week off rather than play a needless fixture.

yeah I agree, because in typical Town fashion we'll pick up an injury or two from that game!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

the bolton game on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 4924 viewscatch74

No.

That’s the irritating thing about their Tuesday cancellation. They have fresh legs and we are more or less certain to play the fixture now. We should win - but look at the Coventry result.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

the bolton game on 23:20 - Aug 21 with 4844 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

the bolton game on 22:54 - Aug 21 by catch74

That’s the irritating thing about their Tuesday cancellation. They have fresh legs and we are more or less certain to play the fixture now. We should win - but look at the Coventry result.

If we can't beat Boltons youth team, then we shouldn't be looking for weak excuses.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

the bolton game on 07:39 - Aug 22 with 4526 viewsRegencyBlue

the bolton game on 22:54 - Aug 21 by catch74

To be honest there are no excuses if we cannot beat Bolton given the state they are in!
the bolton game on 07:43 - Aug 22 with 4510 viewsKieran_Knows

the bolton game on 23:20 - Aug 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

If we can't beat Boltons youth team, then we shouldn't be looking for weak excuses.

Wimbledon’s average age on Tuesday night was lower than Bolton’s side from last weekend...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

the bolton game on 08:04 - Aug 22 with 4461 viewsGeoffSentence

the bolton game on 07:43 - Aug 22 by Kieran_Knows

Wimbledon’s average age on Tuesday night was lower than Bolton’s side from last weekend...

I like this.

I like that you have checked the facts instead of going with a lazy assumption like most people.

This is how to prevent what we now call 'fake news'.

It's an uppy from me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

the bolton game on 08:09 - Aug 22 with 4423 viewsBluefish

Result is deleted and Norwood has his 4 goals scratched off

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

the bolton game on 08:12 - Aug 22 with 4418 views26_Paz

This happened in my amateur league last season. Assuming the same rules apply all the way up (and its a long way from my league to league 1!) then all the results from the team that pulled out are expunged from the records. Its like no one ever played them. Cost us a 7-0 win!!

The Paz Man

the bolton game on 08:21 - Aug 22 with 4370 viewsKropotkin123

the bolton game on 08:09 - Aug 22 by Bluefish

You made a typo on 5

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

the bolton game on 10:06 - Aug 22 with 4178 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The word 'expunged' gets an outing.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

the bolton game on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 4175 viewsKieran_Knows

the bolton game on 08:04 - Aug 22 by GeoffSentence

I like this.

I like that you have checked the facts instead of going with a lazy assumption like most people.

This is how to prevent what we now call 'fake news'.

It's an uppy from me.

Ta.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

the bolton game on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 4062 viewsmonty_radio

the bolton game on 08:09 - Aug 22 by Bluefish

But his late red card has to stand.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

the bolton game on 11:42 - Aug 22 with 4030 viewsGeoffSentence

the bolton game on 11:32 - Aug 22 by monty_radio

But his late red card has to stand.

Interesting point. If Bolton's games were expunged would it only be the results that were wiped out or would any disciplinary infringements go as well?

the bolton game on 11:48 - Aug 22 with 4008 viewsmonty_radio

the bolton game on 11:42 - Aug 22 by GeoffSentence

Interesting point. If Bolton's games were expunged would it only be the results that were wiped out or would any disciplinary infringements go as well?

You steal from the online account of a Great Aunt, who independent from this action, dies the next day. Her will subsequently reveals that you stole what then became your own money. Would the bank let it go?

the bolton game on 12:06 - Aug 22 with 3966 viewsBecclesITFC

And... What If Bolton and Bury Merge that would be interesting. Will they be on -23 points? and do we take our best result against those two teams and only count that?

Yes it's a joke.
the bolton game on 14:37 - Aug 22 with 3785 viewsGeoffSentence

the bolton game on 11:48 - Aug 22 by monty_radio

You steal from the online account of a Great Aunt, who independent from this action, dies the next day. Her will subsequently reveals that you stole what then became your own money. Would the bank let it go?

Not the same thing is it.

In the case of Bolton get kicked out of the league there would be teams who have had an extra game to pick up bookings compared to their rivals, but without the chance of getting points.

It seems unreasonable to me, but I don't know what would happen, which was why I was hoping someone informed would give an intelligent answer.

Still wating.

the bolton game on 16:13 - Aug 22 with 3697 viewsmonty_radio

the bolton game on 14:37 - Aug 22 by GeoffSentence

Not the same thing is it.

In the case of Bolton get kicked out of the league there would be teams who have had an extra game to pick up bookings compared to their rivals, but without the chance of getting points.

It seems unreasonable to me, but I don't know what would happen, which was why I was hoping someone informed would give an intelligent answer.

Still wating.

I think we know which view the authorities would be likely to take though, as in my analogy.

the bolton game on 16:21 - Aug 22 with 3674 viewsGeoffSentence

the bolton game on 16:13 - Aug 22 by monty_radio

I think we know which view the authorities would be likely to take though, as in my analogy.

I appreciate your guess, I was just hoping someone would know.

the bolton game on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 3643 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No.

Maybe, although the confidence boost and momentum we could get from thrashing them could make that extra fixture worthwhile, even if it ends up being meaningless...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024