Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? 10:30 - Aug 22 with 4077 viewskizaitfc

Fans seem to be coming back far quicker than I personally thought.

I know it will have to depend on how the games fall regarding the away team taking up their allocation and how we are performing and time of year.

But good timing with a decent ticket promotion could see us edge nearer to that 30,000 mark

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:32 - Aug 22 with 3526 viewsKieran_Knows

25,764 inside Portman Road on the 21st March to secure promotion against Portsmouth, will be the biggest crowd this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:34 - Aug 22 with 3512 viewsclive_baker

I think perhaps a playoff semi would sell out, but I’m hoping we never test that theory and secure automatic promotion. They’re too much of a lottery and it would be classic Ipswich to finish 3rd and get dumped out of the playoffs by Portsmouth who have been 8th all season and snuck in to 6th on the final day.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 3479 viewsElephantintheRoom

No

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:41 - Aug 22 with 3467 viewsGooders7592

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:34 - Aug 22 by clive_baker

I think perhaps a playoff semi would sell out, but I’m hoping we never test that theory and secure automatic promotion. They’re too much of a lottery and it would be classic Ipswich to finish 3rd and get dumped out of the playoffs by Portsmouth who have been 8th all season and snuck in to 6th on the final day.

If you offered me 6th place now, I'd take it.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 10:41]
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:42 - Aug 22 with 3458 viewschicoazul

Yes, Rochdale at home for our coronation as champions after an incredible unbeaten season.
Hey when was the last time we played Rochdale? Have we *ever* played Rochdale?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:43 - Aug 22 with 3443 viewsClapham_Junction

Possibly for the semi-final of the EFL Trophy if we get that far?

Coventry got over 30,000 for one against Crewe a few years ago.
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:45 - Aug 22 with 3423 viewschicoazul

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:41 - Aug 22 by Gooders7592

If you offered me 6th place now, I'd take it.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 10:41]

Lame.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:47 - Aug 22 with 3409 viewsGooders7592

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:45 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Lame.

Is it?
Login to get fewer ads

Yes on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 3408 viewsBobbychase

I can't tell you which game but if we're in the top six/top three most of the season then the current momentum will grow. Maybe Boxing Day or a match towards the end of the season.

And if they did a £10 promotion then that might sell out too.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:51 - Aug 22 with 3372 viewsGooders7592

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:43 - Aug 22 by Clapham_Junction

Possibly for the semi-final of the EFL Trophy if we get that far?

Coventry got over 30,000 for one against Crewe a few years ago.

Especially when it's against Norwich U23's
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 3330 viewschicoazul

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:47 - Aug 22 by Gooders7592

Is it?

Yep. Terrible defeatist attitude there from you. We are unbeaten, Evans has spent some money which I for one never thought he would do, and we have some more players coming back from injury.

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:00 - Aug 22 with 3321 viewsHerbivore

Not a chance, maybe a play off semi might just sell out. We didn't sell out when we were chasing promotion to the Prem in 14/15.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:14 - Aug 22 with 3247 viewsPinewoodblue

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:42 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Yes, Rochdale at home for our coronation as champions after an incredible unbeaten season.

Rochdale are a massive club. Back in 1962, while Ipswich were being crowned champions of England, they were losing, over two legs, to Norwich in the League Cup.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:15 - Aug 22 with 3242 viewsGooders7592

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:59 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Yep. Terrible defeatist attitude there from you. We are unbeaten, Evans has spent some money which I for one never thought he would do, and we have some more players coming back from injury.

I see where your coming from. However, I believe we will be one of eight/nine teams competing for six places. Obviously I might regret my comment in January/Feb time if/when we are 12 points clear at the top!
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:16 - Aug 22 with 3233 viewsclive_baker

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:59 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Agreed. I can’t see anyone better than us at this level, certainly not 5 teams. We’ll lose games for sure, but really we should be backing ourselves for the title and being single minded about achieving it. I can understand peoples nervousness though given it’s been decades since we’ve truly dominated a division, and that’s a big psychological shift. Winning breeds that mentality though which is why we need to follow up Tuesday with another at Bolton. Then another the following week, until the supporters and squad adopt a healthy level of expectancy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:22 - Aug 22 with 3200 viewsbrazil1982

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 10:42 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

No we haven't, remarkably.
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:23 - Aug 22 with 3204 viewshampstead_blue

I'd like to see these levels of attendance carry on.

It gives ME proof that the fans will come if we are competitive.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:53 - Aug 22 with 3097 viewsBobbychase

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:23 - Aug 22 by hampstead_blue

I'd like to see these levels of attendance carry on.

It gives ME proof that the fans will come if we are competitive.

It's other things as well, like the club shop having their best every day when we played Sunderland and the home shirts nearly selling out. Should show Evans that if the product on the pitch is right, the revenue will come.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:04 - Aug 22 with 2920 viewsFtnfwest

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:00 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Not a chance, maybe a play off semi might just sell out. We didn't sell out when we were chasing promotion to the Prem in 14/15.

The Nodge playoff we did just. The capacity with segregation is something like 29,250. The original capacity which was reached for the England game we had was 30,300 but 300-400 seats were taken out in the corner between Cobbold/Sir Alf and the rest is what's lost with segregation.
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2878 viewsHerbivore

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:04 - Aug 22 by Ftnfwest

The Nodge playoff we did just. The capacity with segregation is something like 29,250. The original capacity which was reached for the England game we had was 30,300 but 300-400 seats were taken out in the corner between Cobbold/Sir Alf and the rest is what's lost with segregation.

I meant in the regular season, hence mentioning unless we reach a play off semi in my post. I can't see us getting near selling out a regular season game.

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:19 - Aug 22 with 2855 viewsFtnfwest

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:15 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

I meant in the regular season, hence mentioning unless we reach a play off semi in my post. I can't see us getting near selling out a regular season game.

no you're right on that, pompey maybe and coventry if they're going well are probably the only ones with any chance at all. Nobody else would bring the away numbers realistically even if we sold out which is pushing it as well.
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 2843 viewsHerbivore

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:19 - Aug 22 by Ftnfwest

no you're right on that, pompey maybe and coventry if they're going well are probably the only ones with any chance at all. Nobody else would bring the away numbers realistically even if we sold out which is pushing it as well.

I suspect the Sunderland game could end up being our highest regular season attendance this season.

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 2842 viewsJakeITFC

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:15 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

I dunno - the support seems to have really lost the plot this year.

Nearly 19,000 for a midweek game v Wimbledon is madness - I think if we keep the momentum up then it will fill up for games over Christmas or in the promotion run-in.

Don't underestimate the value of having a bit of an atmosphere in there, PR has been a bit of a morgue for a decade or longer.
Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:33 - Aug 22 with 2791 viewsNthQldITFC

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 11:22 - Aug 22 by brazil1982

No we haven't, remarkably.

Thank you, David Coleman.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:36 - Aug 22 with 2775 viewsHerbivore

Will we manage to get a sell out crowd this year? on 13:22 - Aug 22 by JakeITFC

I dunno - the support seems to have really lost the plot this year.

Nearly 19,000 for a midweek game v Wimbledon is madness - I think if we keep the momentum up then it will fill up for games over Christmas or in the promotion run-in.

Don't underestimate the value of having a bit of an atmosphere in there, PR has been a bit of a morgue for a decade or longer.

I'll eat my hat if we sell out a regular season league game. 18k against AFC is a good crowd but I can't see us adding another 12k on top of that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024