Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back from Scandinavia... 10:36 - Aug 22 with 1590 viewsTIB

cycled from northern Finland, through Sweden and up into Norway, finishing in Tromso where I manged to go and watch Tromso vs Lillestrom!!!

Hell of a trip physically but was nice to finish off watching some football...which was made better by so many fans noticing my ITFC shirt and coming up to speak to me about our club!!! A few older fans spoke of our past whilst a few youngsters were quick to point out our relegation and Norwich's promotion...all in good banter but was just nice to know despite our recent relegation, we're still known and loved in even remote parts of the world!!!

Morten Gamst Pederson was playing for Tromso...he stood out despite his age whilst Tromso also handed a debut to a Man United youth player called Aidan Barlow. Again, he stood out and had a better second half when played out wide. Lillestrom spent most the time on the deck and only scored from a dubious penalty. Game finished all even at 1-1.

Now to get back to preparing these three new ITFC beers and the release of Ale'N Shearer
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 10:40]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:43 - Aug 22 with 1548 viewshomer_123

Hello Fergal! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 1527 viewsnodge_blue

How did you get your bike to Finland to start with? Did you get it on a flight?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 1516 viewsTIB

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:43 - Aug 22 by homer_123

Hello Fergal! ;)

Touché sir

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 1513 viewsTIB

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:52 - Aug 22 by nodge_blue

So I've taken a bike abroad before and it was a bit of a nightmare so this time...I flew to Helsinki and purchased a proper retro bike (linked) and took it on the night train to the north and a town called Kolari before cycling around 400 miles to Tromso. Had 20kg of gear in my rucksack and the bike just about made it...was probably the biggest physical test I've done before though. Never again. A mate came with me and he purchased the same bike but in orange and black...how we got two retro classics like that together I'm not sure!?!

https://fillabicycles.com/tuote/pyorat/fillarit/olmo-18/2F&psig=AOvVaw3FQ6BxlLNu

Just back from Scandinavia... on 12:52 - Aug 22 with 1400 viewsnodge_blue

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:59 - Aug 22 by TIB

So I've taken a bike abroad before and it was a bit of a nightmare so this time...I flew to Helsinki and purchased a proper retro bike (linked) and took it on the night train to the north and a town called Kolari before cycling around 400 miles to Tromso. Had 20kg of gear in my rucksack and the bike just about made it...was probably the biggest physical test I've done before though. Never again. A mate came with me and he purchased the same bike but in orange and black...how we got two retro classics like that together I'm not sure!?!

https://fillabicycles.com/tuote/pyorat/fillarit/olmo-18/2F&psig=AOvVaw3FQ6BxlLNu

That sounds great. Ive been to Norway and its stunning. I cycled from Inverness to Oban and down to Glasgow in May. Took my bike up up the sleeper train from London. Ive been thinking about other trips I could do.

So what did you do with the bike when you finished?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Just back from Scandinavia... on 13:07 - Aug 22 with 1380 viewsgordon

Just back from Scandinavia... on 10:52 - Aug 22 by nodge_blue

I've taken bikes on flights a few times (just short-haul European flights, no changes) for long distance cycling - Easyjet allows it for a few quid, its quite easy if there are lockers at the airport you're flying to (as long as you're flying out from the same airport) stash the bike bags there and anything you need to pack up the bikes etc and just pick it up when you are flying back out.

Harder if you're going from one airport to another.
Just back from Scandinavia... on 14:16 - Aug 22 with 1330 viewsTIB

Just back from Scandinavia... on 12:52 - Aug 22 by nodge_blue

That sounds great. Ive been to Norway and its stunning. I cycled from Inverness to Oban and down to Glasgow in May. Took my bike up up the sleeper train from London. Ive been thinking about other trips I could do.

So what did you do with the bike when you finished?

Well I managed to get the bikes for 50 euros / each in end and ended up donating them to some lads up in Tromso.

Norway is my favourite country in the world...minus the beer prices!!! I said to my mate that everything would be better when we got into Norway and sure enough it was...downhill, clean water, waterfalls. Finland and Sweden in the areas we went were just swamp, mosquitos and lots of long, uphill roads. Still amazing to see but made it really tough going!!! Saw a bear on our first night then cycled through Kilpisjärvi which is a Finnish Lapland town that has loads of reindeer just roaming about. A great adventure which I'll put together a travel video for soon and be sure to share.

Just back from Scandinavia... on 18:58 - Aug 22 with 1253 viewswellsy700

Just back from Scandinavia... on 14:16 - Aug 22 by TIB

Well I managed to get the bikes for 50 euros / each in end and ended up donating them to some lads up in Tromso.

Norway is my favourite country in the world...minus the beer prices!!! I said to my mate that everything would be better when we got into Norway and sure enough it was...downhill, clean water, waterfalls. Finland and Sweden in the areas we went were just swamp, mosquitos and lots of long, uphill roads. Still amazing to see but made it really tough going!!! Saw a bear on our first night then cycled through Kilpisjärvi which is a Finnish Lapland town that has loads of reindeer just roaming about. A great adventure which I'll put together a travel video for soon and be sure to share.

Norway’s my favourite country too, Scandinavia in general is spectacular. I’m studying in Sweden next year :)

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024