Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up 14:53 - Aug 22 with 2992 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is your favourite Beatles album and why?

For me it’s Revolver. That album sees the Beatles leaving their Mop Top phase and moving into psychedelia.

The Beatles invent The Jam (Taxman), the Chemical Brothers (Tomorrow Never Knows), Dexys Midnight Runners (Got To Get You Into My Life), ELO (Eleanor Rigby) and Oasis (She Said She Said).

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:03 - Aug 22 with 2976 viewsIllinoisblue

Sgt. Pepper for me. Hearing A Day in the Life as a teenager blew me away. Coupled with the stunning album artwork and the sense of 'wow, I wasn't expecting this'.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:04 - Aug 22 with 2967 viewsMugwump

Got to be The Best of The Beatles.
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:06 - Aug 22 with 2959 viewsGlasgowBlue

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:04 - Aug 22 by Mugwump

Thanks Alan.

Iron Lion Zion

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:15 - Aug 22 with 2943 viewsMeadowlark

I always liked HELP. It came out when I was still at primary school and with the accompanying "goofy" film must have made some kind of impact on me at that age. It was possibly the first time I took any interest in contemporary music. I still listen to it, but is it my favourite? If I must have a favourite, then yes I suppose it is!
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:48 - Aug 22 with 2907 viewsGlasgowBlue

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:15 - Aug 22 by Meadowlark

I always liked HELP. It came out when I was still at primary school and with the accompanying "goofy" film must have made some kind of impact on me at that age. It was possibly the first time I took any interest in contemporary music. I still listen to it, but is it my favourite? If I must have a favourite, then yes I suppose it is!

Help is a good album. Full of hidden treasures that don’t get much airplay like It’s Only Love and I’ve Just Seen a Face.

Iron Lion Zion

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:01 - Aug 22 with 2879 viewsjontysnut

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:06 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

Thanks Alan.

Wings Greatest Hits - the band the Beatles could have been
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:03 - Aug 22 with 2877 viewsdickie

I always say Rubber Soul when pushed to answer this question - i like how it relates to the earlier stuff and the later stuff (both of which I love for completely different reasons)
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:10 - Aug 22 with 2864 viewssoupytwist

The only Beatles album I've really listened to and liked is Abbey Road. A good way to go out.
Login to get fewer ads

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:13 - Aug 22 with 2858 viewsgainsboroughblue

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 15:04 - Aug 22 by Mugwump

Only reason I logged in was to type this.

Now I am here, I'd probably plump for Abbey Road just for the brilliant segues on side two.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:15 - Aug 22 with 2854 viewssoupytwist

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:13 - Aug 22 by gainsboroughblue

Only reason I logged in was to type this.

Now I am here, I'd probably plump for Abbey Road just for the brilliant segues on side two.

Those segues are the highlight for me too.
Same for me Glassers on 16:24 - Aug 22 with 2837 viewsDyland

Revolver all the way.

All time favourite Beatles track though = A Day in the Life. So evocative and quite mental.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:28 - Aug 22 with 2823 viewsPJH

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:03 - Aug 22 by dickie

I always say Rubber Soul when pushed to answer this question - i like how it relates to the earlier stuff and the later stuff (both of which I love for completely different reasons)

Rubber Soul for me too-every track a minor classic with Norwegian Wood possibly my favourite ever Beatles track.

The Beatles Live At The Star Club Hamburg 1962(German import) is pretty good as well.
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 16:57 - Aug 22 with 2790 viewsitfcjoe

Probably Revolver for me too, but I really like A Hard Days Noght as an album to just put on and listen all the way through, only about 30 mins and not a bad song on it, even if it is a little poppy
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 16:59]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Same for me Glassers on 18:00 - Aug 22 with 2746 viewsGlasgowBlue

Same for me Glassers on 16:24 - Aug 22 by Dyland

Revolver all the way.

All time favourite Beatles track though = A Day in the Life. So evocative and quite mental.

There’s a mental video of McCArtney wearing a plastic apron and a kipper tie whilst conducting the orchestra on A DAy in the Life.

Iron Lion Zion

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 18:58 - Aug 22 with 2697 viewsMillsey

Pet Sounds
With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 07:25 - Aug 23 with 2598 viewsWarkystache

Dunno but my favourite Doors album is definitely the first one 'The Doors'.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 07:32 - Aug 23 with 2590 viewsBLUEBEAT

Revolver as it shows the progression from beat to psych

Rubber Soul is great too - their most mod album

Poll: W or W

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 09:46 - Aug 23 with 2537 viewsMelford

White Album for me.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 10:01 - Aug 23 with 2525 viewsElephantintheRoom

Didnt really have a favourite at the time - but I guess the one I listen too most often is the white album. Favourite EP definately Twist and Shout though.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

With the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road coming up on 11:09 - Aug 23 with 2496 viewsBluebell

Hard Days Night has to be my best. If I Fell being my all time favourite song.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024