Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our team for the EFL Trophy 15:24 - Aug 22 with 2340 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I understand that I certain number of players from the previous week's league fixture need to be included according to the rule of the tournament, which is an absolute joke. We don't want to be in this competition at all.

However, I've seen clubs get away with it by resting a few players for their game on the Saturday before to allow fringe players to qualify for the team.

Assuming by then our first team will be something like this:

---------------------------------------Holy---------------------------------------

V-Young---------------Woolfenden--------Nsiala----------------Garbutt

Rowe--------------------Skuse-------------Downes--------------Georgiou

----------------------------Norwood------Keane------------------------------

Therefore against Shrewsbury in the league, I'd propose we line up like this:

----------------------------------------Norris----------------------------------------

Donacien-----------------Wilson-------Woolfenden-----------------Kenlock

Rowe-------------------Dozzell------------Skuse--------------------El Mizouni

------------------------------Norwood-----Jackson-------------------------------

Meaning we could legally line-up against Tottenham's youth team like this:

----------------------------------------Norris----------------------------------------

Donacien-------------------Wilson-------Ndaba----------------------Kenlock

Dobra--------------------Dozzell------------Huws-------------------El Mizouni

-----------------------------Roberts--------Jackson--------------------------------

Or something like that!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 15:44 - Aug 22 with 2283 viewsSikamikanico

Its only outfield players that the rules apply to so we can change goalkeeper anyway.

These are the qualifying criteria to meet for 4 outfield players:

Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture

Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club, who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season

Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career

Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:10 - Aug 22 with 2220 viewsSikamikanico

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 15:44 - Aug 22 by Sikamikanico

Its only outfield players that the rules apply to so we can change goalkeeper anyway.

These are the qualifying criteria to meet for 4 outfield players:

Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture

Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club, who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season

Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career

Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.

As only 4 players are required we should be fine as Wilson, Donacien, Kenlock and Roberts all have more than 40 Career appearances in your EFL Trophy Line Up
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 2176 viewsthatdamgood89

The club won't but personally I'd put out the cup team...so the squad players and just pay the fine. I don't care one bit about the lease trophy. I do care however about winning promotion at the first attempt of asking

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:35 - Aug 22 with 2159 viewsSikamikanico

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:32 - Aug 22 by thatdamgood89

The club won't but personally I'd put out the cup team...so the squad players and just pay the fine. I don't care one bit about the lease trophy. I do care however about winning promotion at the first attempt of asking

There wouldn't be a fine. We have enough players in the squad away from out starting XI that meet the criteria
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:40 - Aug 22 with 2146 viewsthatdamgood89

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:35 - Aug 22 by Sikamikanico

There wouldn't be a fine. We have enough players in the squad away from out starting XI that meet the criteria

Then change it up Gov. I don't want Georgie boy etc getting injured in a meaningless cup because that's so Ipswich

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:43 - Aug 22 with 2133 viewsSikamikanico

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 16:40 - Aug 22 by thatdamgood89

Then change it up Gov. I don't want Georgie boy etc getting injured in a meaningless cup because that's so Ipswich

Agreed. Keep the first team out of it
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 17:19 - Aug 22 with 2091 viewsActionMan

Why don't we want to be in it? We should be trying to win it to do a League EFL Trophy double and go up with some pride back, some fire and look to progress. Decades of throwing away cup games for league progress have resulted in a league trophy haul of 0.

We should be trying to win everything we can, we should be the best club in this league and the bottom two divisions so let's prove it. Every team has to play a lot of games, theres no reason we cant win, have a great day out and use this as a stepping stone to rebuild the club.
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 18:37 - Aug 22 with 2023 viewsthatdamgood89

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 17:19 - Aug 22 by ActionMan

Why don't we want to be in it? We should be trying to win it to do a League EFL Trophy double and go up with some pride back, some fire and look to progress. Decades of throwing away cup games for league progress have resulted in a league trophy haul of 0.

We should be trying to win everything we can, we should be the best club in this league and the bottom two divisions so let's prove it. Every team has to play a lot of games, theres no reason we cant win, have a great day out and use this as a stepping stone to rebuild the club.

Pop on to a Portsmouth or Sunderland fan forum and ask their opinion. I'm fully of the opinion getting to wembley in a cup truly hurt their promotion campaign.

You take your eye off the league at this level even for a second and you've played 3 games and chasing the pack.

Login to get fewer ads

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 20:45 - Aug 22 with 1942 viewsTheBoyBlue

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 17:19 - Aug 22 by ActionMan

Apart from it being embarrassing that we have hit this low, it is simply a distraction to the main job of getting promotion. Which arguably is more important this season than ever before in our history. Hoping we get knocked out at the first opportunity.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 20:56 - Aug 22 with 1929 viewsclive_baker

We can’t p1ss about against Shrewsbury. We need to start the side most likely to win that game and then deal with the cup afterwards.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 1905 viewsketton_itfc

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 20:56 - Aug 22 by clive_baker

We can’t p1ss about against Shrewsbury. We need to start the side most likely to win that game and then deal with the cup afterwards.

Pay the fine! I’m still seething we’re going to be playing Spurs U21s. A complete joke. Play our U21s too.
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 22:12 - Aug 22 with 1830 viewsNazemariner

We've got more than enough in our squad to field a strong side and still rest some key players. Getting to Wembley would be a fantastic day out.
Our team for the EFL Trophy on 22:22 - Aug 22 with 1803 viewsSuperblue95

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 21:04 - Aug 22 by ketton_itfc

Pay the fine! I’m still seething we’re going to be playing Spurs U21s. A complete joke. Play our U21s too.

Pay the fine is a terrible idea. We’d have no transfer budget for the next 6 seasons then

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 10:35 - Aug 23 with 1613 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 21:04 - Aug 22 by ketton_itfc

This is what I'd want to do to be fair. How's it fair Spurs can but their u21s in but we supposedly can't?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 10:40 - Aug 23 with 1599 viewsSikamikanico

Our team for the EFL Trophy on 10:35 - Aug 23 by ThatMuhrenCross

This is what I'd want to do to be fair. How's it fair Spurs can but their u21s in but we supposedly can't?

We can.....

6 u21's
4 qualifying players who are not in our starting 11
Any goalkeeper we want.

Allows players like Donacien, Wilson, Roberts, etc to play in a competitive fixture.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024