Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? 15:52 - Aug 22 with 6150 viewsIllinoisblue

Playing basically a youth team, manager just quit, club in crisis, conceding an average of 3 goals per game. Let in 5 to Tranmere and 5 to Rochdale, have failed to score in three of their four games.

"Along come Ipswich" does not apply here. This has to be a nailed on away win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 15:56 - Aug 22 with 5455 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’d go as far as saying a Bolton win here would be the biggest upset in a league game in the modern era.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:01 - Aug 22 with 5428 viewsSmithy

Bolton Win 33-1
Draw 9-1
Ipswich Win 1-14

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:10 - Aug 22 with 5392 viewshomer_123

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 15:56 - Aug 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d go as far as saying a Bolton win here would be the biggest upset in a league game in the modern era.

No way would it be ahead of our unexpected win at Swansea last year.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:27 - Aug 22 with 5340 viewsITFC_Forever

I think the nearest example I can think of was an away game at MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium in around 2005, which we eventually scraped through 1-0 thanks to a Kuqi goal.

From an opposition point of view, the Blunts against us in April was as nailed on a home win as you'll ever see.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 5323 viewsjaykay

i take its your living memory
some of us in here remember a club called Floriana F.C.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Aug 22 with 5316 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:32 - Aug 22 by jaykay

i take its your living memory
some of us in here remember a club called Floriana F.C.

Avenir Beggen...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 16:34]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:34 - Aug 22 with 5319 viewsBent_double

As pleasing as it will be to get a 4,5,6-0 win, I think it will be pointless in the end as Bolton go bust and all their results get expunged.

As long as we don't get any injuries or silly bookings....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:04 - Aug 22 with 5248 viewsWacko

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Aug 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Avenir Beggen...

Only won 1-0 away!

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 17:46 - Aug 22 with 5173 viewsbrazil1982

It's all too predictable isn't it.
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 17:48 - Aug 22 with 5168 viewsIllinoisblue

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:27 - Aug 22 by ITFC_Forever

I think the nearest example I can think of was an away game at MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium in around 2005, which we eventually scraped through 1-0 thanks to a Kuqi goal.

From an opposition point of view, the Blunts against us in April was as nailed on a home win as you'll ever see.

surely MK Dons weren't' in anywhere near as bad a shape as Bolton are.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 18:01 - Aug 22 with 5135 viewsSimonds92

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 17:48 - Aug 22 by Illinoisblue

surely MK Dons weren't' in anywhere near as bad a shape as Bolton are.

Did they still have Kelvin Davis in goal? They had reo-cocker & mcanuff at 1 point too
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 21:29 - Aug 22 with 4966 viewsipswichtillidie

Your not far off despite some toppers as you’d expect. I’d be amazed if we didn’t rack up a cricket score on Saturday despite lack of fluidity atm. Be disappointed to see a centre midfield of Skuse & Downs ala McCarthy era on this one.

Gav

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 4912 viewsGirthyguy

I'm not going to lie but if we don't get somewhere between 8 and 10 goals would be quite upset
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 22:42 - Aug 22 with 4838 viewspointofblue

The average age of Bolton's starting XI against Tranmere was apparently older than Wimbledon's on Tuesday. Their kids have had a week's rest because they are seemingly allowed to dictate when they will and won't play. They have already held Coventry to a goalless draw at the Reebok, and I fancy the Sky Blues to be up around the Play Offs this season.

This isn't as nailed on as some try to make out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 22:45 - Aug 22 with 4835 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 18:01 - Aug 22 by Simonds92

Did they still have Kelvin Davis in goal? They had reo-cocker & mcanuff at 1 point too

Pretty sure Davis was playing for us that day.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 6:59]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 23:02 - Aug 22 with 4788 viewspositivity

we really should win, but... 2 games ago, they drew with coventry (who are above us in the league!)...
did they have a stronger team that day?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 00:22 - Aug 23 with 4721 viewsFreddies_Ears

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:01 - Aug 22 by Smithy

Bolton Win 33-1
Draw 9-1
Ipswich Win 1-14

Huddersfield were bigger odds at Liverpool last season!
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 01:48 - Aug 23 with 4679 viewshorsehollerer

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 23:02 - Aug 22 by positivity

we really should win, but... 2 games ago, they drew with coventry (who are above us in the league!)...
did they have a stronger team that day?

Bit of a freak result. Cov had 24 shots to 5, 68% possession, and 2 goals disallowed. Bolton had 2 or 3 senior players in the team that day I think. They also had a manager and an assistant mgr of course.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:58 - Aug 23 with 4674 viewsStNeotsBlue

Avenir Beggen...

That was the one I was thinking of too. They were quite a big deal in Luxembourg though.
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 04:33 - Aug 23 with 4604 viewstextbackup

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 22:42 - Aug 22 by pointofblue

The average age of Bolton's starting XI against Tranmere was apparently older than Wimbledon's on Tuesday. Their kids have had a week's rest because they are seemingly allowed to dictate when they will and won't play. They have already held Coventry to a goalless draw at the Reebok, and I fancy the Sky Blues to be up around the Play Offs this season.

This isn't as nailed on as some try to make out.

a professional 2-0 win is my predication

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 23 with 4374 viewsGlebeTractor

Avenir Beggen...

Went to the away leg of that one, 1-0 penalty in their National Stadium which was no bigger than col u... missed the return leg though which sucked!

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 10:13 - Aug 23 with 4232 viewsPhilTWTD

Still probably a better side than Avenir Beggen.
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 10:14 - Aug 23 with 4230 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd take any win whatsoever; football is weird.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 13:04 - Aug 23 with 4141 viewshaynes_toe1

If we don't win by 4 or 5 at least, we might as well set up camp for League One as we ain't leaving it any time soon.
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 13:08 - Aug 23 with 2835 viewsThe_Major

Didn't we play Dagenham & Redbridge at home in the Cup when they were still non-league and we were in the Prem? You'd like to think that was pretty nailed on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024