Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Bury survive... 10:43 - Aug 23 with 1978 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Let's assume the best will happen and Bury are saved and given the go-ahead to compete in League One, where are they going to find six spare dates to catch up with their fixtures?
If Bury survive... on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 1934 viewsSikamikanico

Plenty of spare Tuesdays in the next few months
If Bury survive... on 11:10 - Aug 23 with 1852 viewsMattinLondon

If Bury survive... on 10:48 - Aug 23 by Sikamikanico

Plenty of spare Tuesdays in the next few months

Not really fair on the clubs who may well have to play them during midweek when originally scheduled for a weekend
If Bury survive... on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 1844 viewsSuperblue95

If Bury survive... on 11:10 - Aug 23 by MattinLondon

Not really fair on the clubs who may well have to play them during midweek when originally scheduled for a weekend

Tough sh1t. They’ll get over it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If Bury survive... on 11:16 - Aug 23 with 1837 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Even less fair on a thin squad that will have to do so regularly through the whole season.

If (and it is a big if) they get to play, they will do what Bolton did and call a few off for the safety of their players for sure. That will leave them unlikely to finish before the end of the season. They also have a league cup fixture to fulfil before the next round is played don't they?

I think today is likely to be the end for them. There is a limit to all the extensions and extra chances. I guess there is that outside chance a deal is agreed and the EFL give one last extension for the fit-and-proper persons joke to be completed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If Bury survive... on 11:21 - Aug 23 with 1810 viewsSikamikanico

If Bury survive... on 11:16 - Aug 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Even less fair on a thin squad that will have to do so regularly through the whole season.

If (and it is a big if) they get to play, they will do what Bolton did and call a few off for the safety of their players for sure. That will leave them unlikely to finish before the end of the season. They also have a league cup fixture to fulfil before the next round is played don't they?

I think today is likely to be the end for them. There is a limit to all the extensions and extra chances. I guess there is that outside chance a deal is agreed and the EFL give one last extension for the fit-and-proper persons joke to be completed.

Nope Sheffield Wednesday were awarded the League Cup tie.
If Bury survive... on 11:23 - Aug 23 with 1806 viewsSikamikanico

That is just tough unfortunately. Is it fair to Rochdale that we will look to postpone our fixture with them due to international call ups?
If Bury survive... on 11:23 - Aug 23 with 1801 viewsusm

If Bury survive... on 11:16 - Aug 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

It depends on what penalty Bolton get for calling off that fixture. If it is minimal I can see several clubs trying it on, as a precedent will have been set.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

If Bury survive... on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 1775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If Bury survive... on 11:23 - Aug 23 by usm

It depends on what penalty Bolton get for calling off that fixture. If it is minimal I can see several clubs trying it on, as a precedent will have been set.

If it is anything equal or less severe than relegation, it is not of a level sufficient to put off Bury.

Assuming Bury can survive, the sensible course would be to relegate bot sides and abandon their fixtures for this season.

That then cuts their revenue source for this year but also gives them time to sort out their affairs ready for next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

If Bury survive... on 13:31 - Aug 23 with 1620 viewsCoastalblue

If Bury survive... on 11:30 - Aug 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

If it is anything equal or less severe than relegation, it is not of a level sufficient to put off Bury.

Assuming Bury can survive, the sensible course would be to relegate bot sides and abandon their fixtures for this season.

That then cuts their revenue source for this year but also gives them time to sort out their affairs ready for next season.

I can't imagine any club being effectively mothballed for a season ever coming back from that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If Bury survive... on 13:53 - Aug 23 with 1566 viewsTangledupin_Blue

If Bury survive... on 11:23 - Aug 23 by Sikamikanico

That is just tough unfortunately. Is it fair to Rochdale that we will look to postpone our fixture with them due to international call ups?

Yes it is completely fair. What wouldn't be fair is if we were required to fulfil a fixture with a squad depleted due to international call-ups. That would be a punishment for having good players.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 13:55]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

If Bury survive... on 14:01 - Aug 23 with 1536 viewsSikamikanico

If Bury survive... on 13:53 - Aug 23 by Tangledupin_Blue

Yes it is completely fair. What wouldn't be fair is if we were required to fulfil a fixture with a squad depleted due to international call-ups. That would be a punishment for having good players.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 13:55]

Its still affecting Rochdale's season. making them play a midweek game when they don't have to
If Bury survive... on 14:08 - Aug 23 with 1521 viewsTangledupin_Blue

If Bury survive... on 14:01 - Aug 23 by Sikamikanico

Its still affecting Rochdale's season. making them play a midweek game when they don't have to

It is within the rules and within common practice.

Rotherham, on the other hand, might well have reason to feel aggrieved having two consecutive matches postponed due to highly unusual circumstances both to do with their opponents.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

If Bury survive... on 14:28 - Aug 23 with 1470 viewsSikamikanico

If Bury survive... on 14:08 - Aug 23 by Tangledupin_Blue

It is within the rules and within common practice.

Rotherham, on the other hand, might well have reason to feel aggrieved having two consecutive matches postponed due to highly unusual circumstances both to do with their opponents.

Yes its within the rules. The circumstances here though are exceptional and down to the EFL's inability to govern the game.

Rotherham may feel aggrieved but that is for them to take any action, if they want to.

The league should never have been allowed to start in this situation. Bury's status should have been sorted before hand, but it hasn't so this is the situation as it currently stands.

Bolton calling off the fixture however is a nonsense and IMO they should be awarded a 3-0 win over Bolton.
If Bury survive... on 14:45 - Aug 23 with 1435 viewsSikamikanico

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Thanks for correcting me. Forgot about the Portsmouth situation and just assumed it was re Bury and Bolton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024