Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? 19:41 - Aug 23 with 6087 viewspointofblue

The squad is quite unwieldy as it is. Possibly Josh Emmanuel? Jordan Roberts? Maybe even El Mizouni if Georgiou and Judge cover the left?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:23 - Aug 23 with 5329 viewsgordon

I wonder whether there's room in the squad for Jon Nolan - obviously Donacien, Emmanuel and Roberts look vulnerable, maybe Danny Rowe as well?
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:32 - Aug 23 with 5299 viewsmonty_radio

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:23 - Aug 23 by gordon

I wonder whether there's room in the squad for Jon Nolan - obviously Donacien, Emmanuel and Roberts look vulnerable, maybe Danny Rowe as well?

Jon Nolan!? One: he's not yet fit Two:he cost £1 million, and only L1 or L2 clubs can buy him now. Three: our midfield has not looked noticeably improved without him.

Danny Rowe has been a success story this season!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:38 - Aug 23 with 5268 viewsElderGrizzly

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:23 - Aug 23 by gordon

I expect Nolan will start when fit and is one or the best goal scoring midfielders in this league.

Fully expect either Emmanuel or Donacien to go. Probably JE as JD can cover centre back.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:39 - Aug 23 with 5262 viewsrgp1

Not a wise move considering our treatment room is like a hospital ward!
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:41 - Aug 23 with 5262 viewsblueislander

El Mizouni and Dobra would benefit I think, but may depend on the fitness of others. If we are doing well, and he hasn’t been a permanent fixture, I can see Judge going.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:43 - Aug 23 with 5249 viewsElderGrizzly

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:41 - Aug 23 by blueislander

El Mizouni and Dobra would benefit I think, but may depend on the fitness of others. If we are doing well, and he hasn’t been a permanent fixture, I can see Judge going.

Judge? He’ll be our highest paid player and i doubt anyone else in the league could afford him apart from Sunderland
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:50 - Aug 23 with 5239 viewsblueislander

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:43 - Aug 23 by ElderGrizzly

Judge? He’ll be our highest paid player and i doubt anyone else in the league could afford him apart from Sunderland

All the more reason to off-load him. QPR really wanted him, so maybe anotherChampionship team could be interested.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:51 - Aug 23 with 5231 viewsElderGrizzly

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:50 - Aug 23 by blueislander

All the more reason to off-load him. QPR really wanted him, so maybe anotherChampionship team could be interested.

Championship clubs can’t bring anyone in until January
Login to get fewer ads

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:55 - Aug 23 with 5213 viewsblueislander

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:51 - Aug 23 by ElderGrizzly

Championship clubs can’t bring anyone in until January

My post suggested that it would be for the January window not for now.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:58 - Aug 23 with 5193 viewsElderGrizzly

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:55 - Aug 23 by blueislander

My post suggested that it would be for the January window not for now.

Ok. The post was about September, hence the confusiom
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 21:02 - Aug 23 with 5172 viewsblueislander

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:58 - Aug 23 by ElderGrizzly

Ok. The post was about September, hence the confusiom

I could/should have made it clearer.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 22:02 - Aug 23 with 5043 viewspennblue

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:50 - Aug 23 by blueislander

It’s quality players like judge that will get us out of this league.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 22:16 - Aug 23 with 4998 viewsWestcountryblue

I'd like to see El Mizouni, Dobra and Emmanuel go out on loan. Last chance saloon for Josh, but players like Jack Marriot have shown that some develop later than others and i think it's a confidence issue with him.

Personally, i wouldn't be against sending Doz out on loan until January to a fellow League One side. Firstly, i'd like us to agree a new long contract with him, but then i think a prolonged run of games would do wonders to his confidence.

With regards to Nolan, i'm not so sure he will start. Apart from Derby during the second half last season, i felt he was sluggish, weak in the tackle, conservative in his passing and largely ineffectual. I struggle to see how he will dislodge Downes or Skuse, plus Judge, Huws and Bishop are better players.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 8:40]
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 22:24 - Aug 23 with 4972 viewsKieran_Knows

Emmanuel out on loan, mutual termination for Roberts.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 07:21 - Aug 24 with 4678 viewsmeekreech

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 22:02 - Aug 23 by pennblue

If you are looking to retain the better quality players then we will need to offload nolan,nsiala,roberts,donacien and edwards because it was their lack of quality got us where we are !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 07:27 - Aug 24 with 4660 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Loans for Emmanuel, Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba would be good.

There aren’t an awful lot of players I’d really want to lose permanently at present as I think we could probably benefit from the extra options if we want to get out of this league.

If we get promoted, there certainly are quite a few players that could be sold and replaced with a higher calibre of player.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 07:29 - Aug 24 with 4647 viewsgordon

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:32 - Aug 23 by monty_radio

Jon Nolan!? One: he's not yet fit Two:he cost £1 million, and only L1 or L2 clubs can buy him now. Three: our midfield has not looked noticeably improved without him.

Danny Rowe has been a success story this season!

Sure, but I can't see us needing 8 or 9 senior midfielders, we've just got too many. Agreed Nolan had a good season with Shrewsbury in League One a couple of years ago - we seriously overpaid though.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 07:45 - Aug 24 with 4605 viewsgordon

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 22:16 - Aug 23 by Westcountryblue

I'd like to see El Mizouni, Dobra and Emmanuel go out on loan. Last chance saloon for Josh, but players like Jack Marriot have shown that some develop later than others and i think it's a confidence issue with him.

Personally, i wouldn't be against sending Doz out on loan until January to a fellow League One side. Firstly, i'd like us to agree a new long contract with him, but then i think a prolonged run of games would do wonders to his confidence.

With regards to Nolan, i'm not so sure he will start. Apart from Derby during the second half last season, i felt he was sluggish, weak in the tackle, conservative in his passing and largely ineffectual. I struggle to see how he will dislodge Downes or Skuse, plus Judge, Huws and Bishop are better players.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 8:40]

Agree with last paragraph on Nolan - he just isn't as good as Skuse, Judge, Downes, Huws or Bishop. Then we've got a few decent youngsters after those. Difficult to imagine that our 5th or 6th choice centre midfielder needs to be a £1 million player. If we could get half his price back it'd be a no brainer.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 08:57 - Aug 24 with 4459 viewsBlueBadger

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 22:02 - Aug 23 by pennblue

Judge's quality helped us get out of the Championship last season...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:05 - Aug 24 with 4430 viewsNaylorsboots

Everybody keeps saying this about Judge. But he doesnt fit the system. If he isnt getting much game time by January l can still see him going to QPR.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:06 - Aug 24 with 4425 viewscatch74

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 07:21 - Aug 24 by meekreech

If you are looking to retain the better quality players then we will need to offload nolan,nsiala,roberts,donacien and edwards because it was their lack of quality got us where we are !

Looks like Scunthorpe might need some help...

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 4414 viewsNaylorsboots

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 07:29 - Aug 24 by gordon

Sure, but I can't see us needing 8 or 9 senior midfielders, we've just got too many. Agreed Nolan had a good season with Shrewsbury in League One a couple of years ago - we seriously overpaid though.

Agreed. Nolan has had 1 good season, 2 years ago. No way was he ever worth 1 million quid. Still looks a lightweight most of the time.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:10 - Aug 24 with 4407 viewsHerbivore

Think we should let young Josh go, he's just not good enough and is down the pecking order now. Cotter too. If we can get a good loan for Dobra I'd be up for that but El Miz is firmly part of the first team squad now so I'd keep him here. I'd be very tempted to let Dozzer go out on loan, he needs regular games and I don't see him getting them here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:16 - Aug 24 with 4397 viewsBlueBadger

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:05 - Aug 24 by Naylorsboots

Everybody keeps saying this about Judge. But he doesnt fit the system. If he isnt getting much game time by January l can still see him going to QPR.

Personal theory - Judge is Lambert's Paul Taylor. An ostensibly 'classy' player who simply doens't fit. and will probably vanish once he leaves Town.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:16 - Aug 24 with 4393 viewsBlueBadger

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:06 - Aug 24 by catch74

Looks like Scunthorpe might need some help...

We could sell them Donacien for £3M?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024