Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few thoughts from yesterday 06:21 - Aug 25 with 1790 viewstractordownsouth

Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen Town win an away game since I was 11 so I was of course milking it, despite the weak opposition.

I was particularly impressed with the link between the midfield and the two strikers; I lost count of the number of through balls that Skuse and Downes played to Norwood and Jackson. I was one of Jackson’s biggest critics last season but I think his pace will be a real asset in this league and he looks far more comfortable with a strike partner alongside him. KVY’s debut was very good, he’s confident going forward and assured in defence so is a clear upgrade on Donacien ( although I’d fancy myself to put in a better performance than Donacien did against Wimbledon).

My only couple of gripes are that I think Kenlock is a bit of a weak link and his lack of technical ability will be exposed by the better teams. Equally, I’m not entirely sure where Alan Judge fits into the team. The 4-4-2 seems to be the best formation for this team and he doesn’t fit in on the left of a 4 man midfield. Yesterday it didn’t matter so much but against the better sides his positioning may cost us and we are well stacked in the central areas with Nolan and Bishop to return.

Anyway overall it was a great day, despite the trains being delayed from York to Bolton. Got a 9 hour train back to Cornwall today as well! My Grandad really enjoyed his day also, was a nice day out together!

It’s only 5 games in but I’ve never been able to say it before... WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

A few thoughts from yesterday on 10:07 - Aug 25 with 1453 viewsSteve_M

What was your last away win?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A few thoughts from yesterday on 10:30 - Aug 25 with 1401 viewsBackToRussia

Sorry but it's going to be expunged.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A few thoughts from yesterday on 10:41 - Aug 25 with 1360 viewsDarth_Koont

It made a change to see so many chances created and so many goals, but not sure if many questions were answered. It was such a mismatch everywhere across the pitch, bar the keeper who played very well to stem the tide in the first half.

But yes, on the face of it, KVY looks very comfortable on the ball and more capable of attacking than any fullback we've had in years. If he can manage the defensive side too then he looks a great signing and one whose value will only increase.

Judge's ball into Norwood, the flick on into Jackson's path and him breezing past the defender on the outside to finish also showed what is possible. We need more of those balls from Judge but it's important to note the cross was from the inside right position. But if we're going to play 442 then more often than not we'll need a left midfielder and I think we look better with Georgiou on the evidence of his cameos.

Probably also with Garbutt behind at LB. After all, it's ultimately about our strongest team not players like Judge and Kenlock who we hope are going to succeed.

So wouldn't surprise me to see this team emerging over the next month or two:

Holy
KVY Chambers Woolfenden Garbutt
Edwards Skuse Downes Georgiou
Norwood Jackson

Then players like Norris, Kenlock, Nsiala, Wilson, Judge, Huws, Nolan and Keane fighting for a place. And our kids as cover, being used off the bench. And all probably playing as our League Trophy team.

It now seems we've got a big squad and competition/cover all over the place. But I think it's important that we don't get into too much squad rotation — for me, we work out our strongest team in the league and play it. And who knows, if and when we go up, we might then have a team that's used to playing with each other and confident in its collective ability.

Pronouns: He/Him

A few thoughts from yesterday on 11:25 - Aug 25 with 1254 viewstractordownsouth

A few thoughts from yesterday on 10:07 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

What was your last away win?

Bristol City Away In 2011, when a 17 year old Josh Carson scored past David James. Since then I’ve seen us lose at Huddersfield, Bristol City, Sheffield United, Millwall and Exeter. I only get to one or two games per season due to where I live.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

A few thoughts from yesterday on 11:54 - Aug 25 with 1188 viewsbluejacko

A few thoughts from yesterday on 10:30 - Aug 25 by BackToRussia

Sorry but it's going to be expunged.

So you are looking forward to that actually happening aren’t you?
A few thoughts from yesterday on 11:56 - Aug 25 with 1184 viewsBackToRussia

A few thoughts from yesterday on 11:54 - Aug 25 by bluejacko

So you are looking forward to that actually happening aren’t you?

No, but it should hardly come as a shock. It's been a bit odd seeing fans talks about it like it's not a possibility on the horizon.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A few thoughts from yesterday on 13:44 - Aug 25 with 1058 viewsGuthrum

A few thoughts from yesterday on 11:56 - Aug 25 by BackToRussia

No, but it should hardly come as a shock. It's been a bit odd seeing fans talks about it like it's not a possibility on the horizon.

I see that press release as more of a "get on with it" message from the EFL, rather than an immediate threat.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024