Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition Updated with content 08:58 - Aug 25 with 6987 viewsartsbossbeard

Stunning reading.

It's my new favourite pastime, I'll be gutted when they're back to moaning about the bridge closing and Norwich Road come Tuesday.

Really I think he could have at least done 3 hours I mean you pay all that money for a ticket so you want your money's worth

Charlotte Stephenson, Ipswich

Word on the street is Ed wanted the gigs at Suffolk Showground (Trinity Park) as it’s flat with easier access from the A12 and A14 and free parking for all - but Ipswich Borough would only approve Chantry Park because...wait for it....they don’t own Trinity Park so wouldn’t make any money, but they will do from Chantry Park (despite the massive disruption and crazy black market for parking). Well done IBC for chasing the £££’s instead of just doing what’s right.

No takeaway food delivery’s can get threw it’s ridiculous should have had it at trinity park bigger venue and parking

Julie Ranson, Ipswich.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 11:34]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:01 - Aug 25 with 6319 viewsMullet

I've seen some interesting stuff on Facebook, such as people outraged there are queues at events like this, crowds and they have to pay for food and drink because they're not allowed to take a picnic and temporary campsite to hitch up and watch him play.

It does make me wonder what they thought they were buying tickets for/if they ever go to these things etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:02 - Aug 25 with 6281 viewsfooters

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:01 - Aug 25 by Mullet

I've seen some interesting stuff on Facebook, such as people outraged there are queues at events like this, crowds and they have to pay for food and drink because they're not allowed to take a picnic and temporary campsite to hitch up and watch him play.

It does make me wonder what they thought they were buying tickets for/if they ever go to these things etc.

I'm not sure Ed Sheeran fans will have been to many actual concerts, no.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:06 - Aug 25 with 6269 viewsartsbossbeard

The lass moaning that her favourite take away wouldn't deliver due to Ed Sheeran traffic was my personal favourite.

I honestly believe we don't deserve events like this, Suffolk people really are a whiny bunch.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 6251 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:06 - Aug 25 by artsbossbeard

The lass moaning that her favourite take away wouldn't deliver due to Ed Sheeran traffic was my personal favourite.

I honestly believe we don't deserve events like this, Suffolk people really are a whiny bunch.

I saw that one.

Click through to the profile, it is exactly how you would imagine.

Meme after meme.

Ipswich has a large number of fun sponges.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:18 - Aug 25 with 6175 viewsfooters

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:07 - Aug 25 by SpruceMoose

I saw that one.

Meme after meme.

Don't get in the way of my girl's Dominos hotdog crust pizza, buh!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:16 - Aug 25 with 6020 viewsSitfcB

It shouldn’t but it genuinely annoys me I have to stop reading haha.

People moaning about the price of things and the queues, wtf do they expect?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:53 - Aug 25 with 5880 viewsSteve_M

Disappointed that you haven't copied some of the most egregious examples on here rather than making people go looking for them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 12:02 - Aug 25 with 5737 viewsIllinoisblue

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:06 - Aug 25 by artsbossbeard

“Couldn’t get threw”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 12:08 - Aug 25 with 5715 viewsartsbossbeard

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:53 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

Disappointed that you haven't copied some of the most egregious examples on here rather than making people go looking for them.

I'm out and about currently.

I'll update with quotes later on. It's had me glued!

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 5649 viewsIllinoisblue

I love the ones hinting at Ipswich Borough Council corruption and how they’re supposedly pocketing 50 quid from each ticket sold and “will only spend it on their own buildings and won’t be fixing pot holes”

The levels of ignorance are off the charts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:40 - Aug 25 with 5501 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Having been yesterday it was pretty apparent that a good number of the people there were locals and had never been to this sort of thing before

Personally was surprised with how well organised it was. Only point that was valid was the food queues which were a bit excessive even for this type of thing - although sounds like some issues with card machines not working were the cause of that

Also despite not really being a Sheeran fan (was a treat for the wife) I thought he was excellent, putting musical snobbery to the side he’s clearly an excellent live performer

Overall brilliant for the town to have an event like that on - credit to IBC (or whatever organisation is responsible) for making it happen. Hopefully this being a success will open the doors for other events like this, as it can only be good for the local economy and there’s been a real noticeably buzz around the Town in the last week

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:42 - Aug 25 with 5481 viewsWeWereZombies

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:07 - Aug 25 by SpruceMoose

I saw that one.

Meme after meme.

fun sponges!

That's the best euphemism for ineffectual contraceptive devices I've heard.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:42 - Aug 25 with 5483 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 12:36 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

I love the ones hinting at Ipswich Borough Council corruption and how they’re supposedly pocketing 50 quid from each ticket sold and “will only spend it on their own buildings and won’t be fixing pot holes”

The levels of ignorance are off the charts.

LOL. I assume the council make very little from the ticket sales however clearly the Town will do brilliantly from everything else around it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 17:11 - Aug 25 with 5227 viewsITFC_Forever

So, so many small-minded yokels.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 5129 viewsDubtractor

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:40 - Aug 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Having been yesterday it was pretty apparent that a good number of the people there were locals and had never been to this sort of thing before

Personally was surprised with how well organised it was. Only point that was valid was the food queues which were a bit excessive even for this type of thing - although sounds like some issues with card machines not working were the cause of that

Also despite not really being a Sheeran fan (was a treat for the wife) I thought he was excellent, putting musical snobbery to the side he’s clearly an excellent live performer

Overall brilliant for the town to have an event like that on - credit to IBC (or whatever organisation is responsible) for making it happen. Hopefully this being a success will open the doors for other events like this, as it can only be good for the local economy and there’s been a real noticeably buzz around the Town in the last week

Yep. I'd actively turn the radio over if his music comes on, BUT, having events like this on is huge for the town and hopefully more will follow.

In turn I hope that the local media will also put some focus on the smaller music events that could genuinely do with the support though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:31 - Aug 26 with 4665 viewsFreddies_Ears

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 09:02 - Aug 25 by footers

I'm not sure Ed Sheeran fans will have been to many actual concerts, no.

That's not something I'd considered, but I'm sure you're right. They are unlikely to be music-lovers.
Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 4577 viewsartsbossbeard

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:53 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

Done.

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 4485 viewsSarge

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:31 - Aug 26 by Freddies_Ears

That's not something I'd considered, but I'm sure you're right. They are unlikely to be music-lovers.

Indeed. No self respecting music lover would be seen at a music concert with one of the biggest stars in modern music. In the same way that no beer lover would be seen drinking anything other than that warm brown bath water beloved by CAMRA.
Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:58 - Aug 26 with 4362 viewsnorth_stand77

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 10:31 - Aug 26 by Freddies_Ears

Woh woh woh mister, I ain't having that!

What in your mind constitutes 'A music lover'?

I am definitely a music lover AND, I love all genres of music and been lucky enough to attend lots of concerts and festivals.Bands as diverse from each other as you can get,
Red Hot Chilli Peppers to The Temptations, Johnny Marr to Fleetwood Mac, UB40 to Hawkwind. And Ed Sheeran this weekend who was also brilliant!

You don't have to close your mind to enjoying a variety of different styles if you want to call yourself a music lover!
Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition Updated with content on 21:36 - Aug 26 with 4064 viewsBluedanW

I went saturday afternoon. The walk was long from the station but was very well organised.
The beer queue was amazing compared with liam Gallagher at Finnsbury park last year, where we just gave up.
No longer than 5 minutes to get a beer at a festival was pretty good. £7 for a gin and tonic but pretty much expected. These people moaning would have a heart attack of they went out for a night out in central London.
Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 3935 viewsSimonds92

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:58 - Aug 26 by north_stand77

I am definitely a music lover AND, I love all genres of music and been lucky enough to attend lots of concerts and festivals.Bands as diverse from each other as you can get,
Red Hot Chilli Peppers to The Temptations, Johnny Marr to Fleetwood Mac, UB40 to Hawkwind. And Ed Sheeran this weekend who was also brilliant!

You don't have to close your mind to enjoying a variety of different styles if you want to call yourself a music lover!

Agree with this completely, lots of individuals on here think they're the cool kids by not liking Ed. Its almost like a badge of honour that they're in the minority listening to obscure music that nobody else likes. I've been to numerous and diverse concerts / festivals and seen Ed on i think 6 occasions now and think he's consistently brilliant.
Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition Updated with content on 23:00 - Aug 26 with 3901 viewsITFC_Forever

There’s going to be shed-loads of complaints that Stormzy / A N Other special guest didn’t make an appearance tonight. And that’s just from the freeloaders on the play area.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 08:30 - Aug 27 with 3671 viewsGeoffSentence

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 22:49 - Aug 26 by Simonds92

Agree with this completely, lots of individuals on here think they're the cool kids by not liking Ed. Its almost like a badge of honour that they're in the minority listening to obscure music that nobody else likes. I've been to numerous and diverse concerts / festivals and seen Ed on i think 6 occasions now and think he's consistently brilliant.

Hmmm.....what I think you are missing is that some people genuinely are not keen on Ed's music.

It's a funny thing but we all have different tastes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 08:36 - Aug 27 with 3650 viewsWeWereZombies

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 08:30 - Aug 27 by GeoffSentence

Hmmm.....what I think you are missing is that some people genuinely are not keen on Ed's music.

It's a funny thing but we all have different tastes.

I would be interested to hear if anyone went to one of the Ed Sheeran nights and also saw Richard Thompson on the final night of FolkEast. Thompson was stellar, to see someone at seventy who is at the top of their game and can make a single acoustic guitar sound like an entire band was breathtaking. But Ed might be on the road to that level of songwriting, singing and playing and I have not yet locked in to it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 08:46 - Aug 27 with 3614 viewssolemio

Ipswich Star Facebook comments - Ed Sheeran edition on 13:58 - Aug 26 by north_stand77

All genres? And no mention of the London Symphony Orchestra or the Britten Sinfonia?

Very odd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024