Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... 09:55 - Aug 25 with 4773 viewsThatMuhrenCross

“I wasn’t impressed with Hursts post game interview . Saying Hammil won’t play at the club anymore? What the heck just because he showed passion and was mad he got taken off? Hurst doesn’t talk with any enthusiasm or passion - slagging off the players doesn’t help with team morale. Why don’t McAtee or Hallam play ? It’s not looking good - how many more losses before he’s gone.”

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:06 - Aug 25 with 4639 viewsTractorCam

One of their best players, sounds rather familiar.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:11 - Aug 25 with 4595 viewsWarkystache

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:06 - Aug 25 by TractorCam

Is that Adam Hamill? He was one of those players I always fancied here. Decent winger

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:45 - Aug 25 with 4400 viewspointofblue

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:11 - Aug 25 by Warkystache

Is that Adam Hamill? He was one of those players I always fancied here. Decent winger

I did too - don’t know why he’s hasn’t joined a club at a higher level. Perhaps we should put in a cheeky bid if Hurst is desperate to get rid!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:48 - Aug 25 with 4361 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Probably one of the club’s higher earners. Something Hurst takes issue with.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 4329 viewspointofblue

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:48 - Aug 25 by ThatMuhrenCross

Probably one of the club’s higher earners. Something Hurst takes issue with.

Perhaps he wants the income so he can go and buy a few ‘Conference’ level players.

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 4314 viewsfactual_blue

Any mention of photos?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 4309 viewsfooters

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:52 - Aug 25 by factual_blue

Any mention of photos?

I've seen your Polaroid. Cold day, was it?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 4291 viewsfactual_blue

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:52 - Aug 25 by footers

I've seen your Polaroid. Cold day, was it?

Absolutely not.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 11:05 - Aug 25 with 4219 viewsHipsterectomy

I actually think PH is a little unhinged. His personality changes after every match. The other day he was full of praise, positivity and admiration for his players after the lost. Now he’s back to throwing them under the bus.

Either that or he has no idea how to motivate and Google’s something new every week

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 4173 viewsBackToRussia

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 11:05 - Aug 25 by Hipsterectomy

I actually think PH is a little unhinged. His personality changes after every match. The other day he was full of praise, positivity and admiration for his players after the lost. Now he’s back to throwing them under the bus.

Either that or he has no idea how to motivate and Google’s something new every week

He's basically David Brent.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:05 - Aug 25 with 3954 viewsIllinoisblue

So the question is, how did he do so well at Shrewsbury?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:10 - Aug 25 with 3916 viewspointofblue

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:05 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

Ilkeston, Boston, Grimsby, Shrewsbury... he hit the ground running at all four - he didn’t have to oversee a sticky patch as he was trying to bed in. The only bad patch he had was at Grimsby later on but he had enough credit in the bank with the players and, to an extent, fans to see it through. At Ipswich and Scunthorpe he’s had bad starts before he could get comfortable in the role and he seemingly can’t handle it.

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:11 - Aug 25 with 3899 viewsJDB23

Sometimes its just right place right time where you have a group of players who click. Plenty of examples of managers who do great things with a team over the course of a season or two then prove to be utter dog the rest of their careers.
Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:13 - Aug 25 with 3879 viewsfooters

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:10 - Aug 25 by pointofblue

Ilkeston, Boston, Grimsby, Shrewsbury... he hit the ground running at all four - he didn’t have to oversee a sticky patch as he was trying to bed in. The only bad patch he had was at Grimsby later on but he had enough credit in the bank with the players and, to an extent, fans to see it through. At Ipswich and Scunthorpe he’s had bad starts before he could get comfortable in the role and he seemingly can’t handle it.

Yeah, telling your best players that they're sh1t, overpaid and don't care probably isn't the best way of coping with the pressure!

Very odd blokes, him and Doig.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 13:36 - Aug 25 with 3628 viewsGuthrum

Possibly the shock of how badly things went at Town has affected him, damaged his confidence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 3583 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Much of it seems very familiar. This fan column is interesting, we sacked him 'hastily' he figures.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scunthorpe-unite

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 14:03 - Aug 25 with 3495 viewsSpruceMoose

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 13:43 - Aug 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Much of it seems very familiar. This fan column is interesting, we sacked him 'hastily' he figures.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scunthorpe-unite

Good to know the local media in other parts of the country spout as much bollox as they do in Suffolk!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 15:20 - Aug 25 with 3277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 13:43 - Aug 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

We did sack him hastily considering how much patience ME has.

However, most would say not hastily enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 17:26 - Aug 25 with 3036 viewsmeekreech

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 10:51 - Aug 25 by pointofblue

Perhaps he wants the income so he can go and buy a few ‘Conference’ level players.

Perhaps we can help him with his type of players! We can give him some money and hope that he takes Nolan, nsiala, donacien , edwards and Roberts to help him out in the relegation battle ahead. They will be able to make a good job of it as they gained a lot of experience here last year !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 19:20 - Aug 25 with 2801 viewsBlueBadger

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 13:36 - Aug 25 by Guthrum

Possibly the shock of how badly things went at Town has affected him, damaged his confidence.

That, or he's not a very good football manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 19:44 - Aug 25 with 2729 viewsBlueBadger

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 12:10 - Aug 25 by pointofblue

Almost like he's a flat-track bully who can't actually do the job when it comes down to actually having to do your job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 19:57 - Aug 25 with 2681 viewsDubtractor

Scunthorpe fan perspective on Hurst... on 19:44 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

Almost like he's a flat-track bully who can't actually do the job when it comes down to actually having to do your job.

2 things that I recall.

There were some Grimsby fans on here telling us he wasn't universally loved at Grimsby even when he was there, and that a half decent manager would have got them up earlier and with better football. We wrote that off as sour grapes.

A work associate of mine who follows lower leagues was very surprised when we appointed him. Suggested he was a manager that ground at 1-0 wins and a very poor fit for us, especially given the views of our fans at the time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024