Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! 16:19 - Aug 25 with 3778 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've never seen anything like that.

Ben Stokes was utterly immense.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:20 - Aug 25 with 3149 viewscatch74

Well played Gainsborough and to a lesser extent Stokes.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:21 - Aug 25 with 3133 viewsReuser_is_God

I’ve been at Brightlingsea beach all day, BBC app crashed 10 runs out.

Can not wait to watch the highlights.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:22 - Aug 25 with 3126 viewsParisBlue

Almost 40 years since Botham’s Ashes (with an honorable mention to Bob Willis)

I think Stokes might just have topped it...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:24 - Aug 25 with 3117 viewsSteve_M

I've hardly moved for the last 40 minutes.

Incredible, at leat I can claim I saw a bit of this Test match.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thank god. (n/t) on 16:25 - Aug 25 with 3099 viewsFunge

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 3096 viewsgainsboroughblue

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:24 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

I was shouting at the screen for them to review that lbw against Leach as it had so obviously pitched outside leg.

Paine and Australia quite frankly lost it.

Jack Leach the best 1 not out in test history

There are a lot of players in that top order who owe Stokes a beer tonight.*

* Buttler may be exempt for the run out.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Thank god. (n/t) on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 3090 viewsAce_High1

Thank god. (n/t) on 16:25 - Aug 25 by Funge

What a day, changed my mind so many times from England win, to a loss but Ben Stokes WOW.
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:27 - Aug 25 with 3088 viewsfranz_tyson

Unbelievable. We were dead and buried.

Stokes was amazing.
Login to get fewer ads

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:27 - Aug 25 with 3087 viewsAce_High1

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:27 - Aug 25 by franz_tyson

Unbelievable. We were dead and buried.

Stokes was amazing.

Spare a thought for Leach.

What a job he did to support Stokes a lesson there for Broad and Archer?
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:32 - Aug 25 with 3039 viewsstrikalite

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:27 - Aug 25 by Ace_High1

He's actually a decent opener playing like that!
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:33 - Aug 25 with 3041 viewsSteve_M

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:26 - Aug 25 by gainsboroughblue

I was shouting at the screen for them to review that lbw against Leach as it had so obviously pitched outside leg.

Stokes was clearly furious with himself after his first innings dismissal, one way to channel that frustration. With the ball too as he dragged us back there.

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:36 - Aug 25 with 3025 viewssparks

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:27 - Aug 25 by Ace_High1

More for Woakes and Buttler tbh.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:52 - Aug 25 with 2962 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:26 - Aug 25 by gainsboroughblue

Indeed. Stokes owes Buttler for that one.

Imagine if Lyon had held his nerve and taken that throw for the Leach run out when we were still 1 behind!

What an unbelievable finish.

67 all out and we still win.

I still maintain 350 a par score on the third day! ;)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:10 - Aug 25 with 2935 viewsGuthrum

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:36 - Aug 25 by sparks

More for Woakes and Buttler tbh.

Particularly Jason Roy. Great ODI/T20 batsman, currently not at all suited for Test Matches.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:39 - Aug 25 with 2869 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jack Leach will never ever score a better run

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:43 - Aug 25 with 2855 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:10 - Aug 25 by Guthrum

Particularly Jason Roy. Great ODI/T20 batsman, currently not at all suited for Test Matches.

Need an opening bat (or two).

Roy may be a decent test number 4/5/6, but he isn't a test opener.

In the end, the opening pair just about took enough off the new ball to allow Root and Denly to do just enough.

The rest of the middle-lower order, Stokes (and Butler - hardly his fault) aside, were woeful. Very nearly took what Root had built and threw it away again. To think we partly owe the win to the Aussie's panic reviewing and Lyon's panic for an easy run out too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 2840 viewsbluelagos

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:22 - Aug 25 by ParisBlue

Almost 40 years since Botham’s Ashes (with an honorable mention to Bob Willis)

I think Stokes might just have topped it...

Thing is, Beefy thought the Headingley test was lost, so just went out and threw the bat at the ball and got as many as he could.

Stokes was under more pressure, as this sh1t or bust. Plus if we lost today, goodbye to the Ashes.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 2840 viewsSteve_M

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:43 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

In the end, the opening pair just about took enough off the new ball to allow Root and Denly to do just enough.

The rest of the middle-lower order, Stokes (and Butler - hardly his fault) aside, were woeful. Very nearly took what Root had built and threw it away again. To think we partly owe the win to the Aussie's panic reviewing and Lyon's panic for an easy run out too.

The win gives us the opportunity its to drop Roy (either down the order or for another series) and put Root back to four where he should be. No real idea who should come in but we need to change the batting around after two sub-100 first innings scores in four Tests.

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:51 - Aug 25 with 2833 viewsRyorry

It's a thoroughly well done to Archer from me, & not just for his bowling - a very valuable 15 under huge pressure in his first Test - which really was a helluva test!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 18:05]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 2819 viewsRyorry

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 16:24 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

I said on day 2 that at least we were watching history - albeit I was thinking historical defeat, not this!!

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 18:52 - Aug 25 with 2732 viewsYallop

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:43 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Very harsh to call Bairstow woeful. He changed the momentum of the game with his crucial knock.
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 19:16 - Aug 25 with 2683 viewsfarkenhell

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 18:52 - Aug 25 by Yallop

Very harsh to call Bairstow woeful. He changed the momentum of the game with his crucial knock.

You beat me to it. Thought Bairstow's innings was superb. Until lunch.
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 19:22 - Aug 25 with 2672 viewsfarkenhell

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 17:51 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

It's a thoroughly well done to Archer from me, & not just for his bowling - a very valuable 15 under huge pressure in his first Test - which really was a helluva test!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 18:05]

Although no doubt Stokes will have a word with him about the way he got out. Told him to block the last 2 balls of the over. He blocked the first perfectly. Stokes applauded. He then slogged the last ball and was caught. I thought that was our last chance at the time. Then again, what do I know!
I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 19:32 - Aug 25 with 2642 viewsRyorry

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 19:22 - Aug 25 by farkenhell

Although no doubt Stokes will have a word with him about the way he got out. Told him to block the last 2 balls of the over. He blocked the first perfectly. Stokes applauded. He then slogged the last ball and was caught. I thought that was our last chance at the time. Then again, what do I know!

Must admit I didn't know that about his slog, as don't have Sky and couldn't hear radio above mower, so apols re that. But 15 in the context of ducks from certain others, & what was in the end needed, was still valuable!

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 19:36 - Aug 25 with 2633 viewsfarkenhell

I stopped posting on the cricket as I was scared to! on 19:32 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

Must admit I didn't know that about his slog, as don't have Sky and couldn't hear radio above mower, so apols re that. But 15 in the context of ducks from certain others, & what was in the end needed, was still valuable!

Oh yes, you're absolutely right. Also not forgetting his 6-fer in the first innings.

...and throwing back that beach ball, of course!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024