Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? 18:19 - Aug 25 with 3917 viewsunstableblue

Yes it was a young Bolton team all at sea... but when Huws and KVY were purring yesterday it just struck me just how much we’ve needed that cultured right back; and that central midfielder who can pull the strings.

If they can replicate against better teams in this league then we really are rocking.

Very exciting.

For me either in a diamond or flatter 4-4-2 at this level we need play downes or skuse alongside Huws or Dozzell (if he can step up).

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:23 - Aug 25 with 3870 viewsHerbivore

Diamond solves a lot of issues. Skuse sits, Downes box to box inside right, Huws or Dozzer inside left, Judge or Rowe in behind the strikers. I'm not sure Kenlock is good enough at full back in that system though. KVY might just be.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:28 - Aug 25 with 3814 viewsstewartm

Huws over Dozzell any day for me.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:32 - Aug 25 with 3789 viewsunstableblue

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:28 - Aug 25 by stewartm

Huws over Dozzell any day for me.

Yes totally agree.... but just like later in this season Downes will need an under study in Skuse, and Wolfenden in Wilson, so Huws will require Dozzell, hopefully an increasingly effective Dozzell.

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:38 - Aug 25 with 3738 viewsMetal_Hacker

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:32 - Aug 25 by unstableblue

Yes totally agree.... but just like later in this season Downes will need an under study in Skuse, and Wolfenden in Wilson, so Huws will require Dozzell, hopefully an increasingly effective Dozzell.

Dozzell reminds me of Game of Thrones

Always waiting for winter but never arrives .....
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 18:38]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 19:09 - Aug 25 with 3551 viewsHerbivore

You think Skuse is Downes' understudy?!

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 19:24 - Aug 25 with 3466 viewsBlueBadger

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 19:09 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

Mick damaged him deeply. Let it go.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 19:26 - Aug 25 with 3474 viewsArthur_Hayes

When Huws is fully fit he’s probably the best midfielder in the league. What surprised me yesterday was just what a unit he is - he’s a big lump, who has skill and a bit of pace, and the other players looked like small kids compared to his physique.
Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 06:36 - Aug 26 with 2797 viewspowinswitch

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 19:09 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

Defintely
Login to get fewer ads

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 07:21 - Aug 26 with 2735 viewsHerbivore

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 06:36 - Aug 26 by powinswitch

Defintely

Lolz.

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 07:24 - Aug 26 with 2728 viewspowinswitch

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 07:21 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

Lolz.

You want to offer anything more constructive to the discussion.
Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 07:29 - Aug 26 with 2712 viewsHerbivore

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 07:24 - Aug 26 by powinswitch

You want to offer anything more constructive to the discussion.

No, I've said my piece.

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 09:00 - Aug 26 with 2482 viewsfranz_tyson

Skuse isn’t Downes understudy or back-up at the moment. Probably our two most effective and consistent players yet. I do wonder if them together could mean we’re a tad defensive. I think Lambert would want Nolan in that midfield. He offers more of a goal threat. If Huws can prove his fitness, it could be that Skuse makes way for him in the future. It’s been hinted at regarding his age (33-34) that he can’t play every game. At the moment, Skownes looks a very solid partnership, but I could see Skuse making way in the future. Playing very well at the moment. However, if Skuse and Downes are consistently our best two players it might say something about our attacking threat.
But, the wheels not broken at the moment, so why even try to fix it now.
Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 10:47 - Aug 26 with 2321 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I’m curious if you know the real meaning of the word “understudy”?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 2289 viewsOsborneOneNil

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 07:21 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

Lolz.

You are a massive yawn, Herbie. I suspect you have a Partridge style bedroom with all walls covered in MM, Skuse and Chambers posters.
Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 11:05 - Aug 26 with 2281 viewsDanTheMan

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 11:02 - Aug 26 by OsborneOneNil

You are a massive yawn, Herbie. I suspect you have a Partridge style bedroom with all walls covered in MM, Skuse and Chambers posters.

Is yours the same with the faces scratched off them? ;)

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 12:13 - Aug 26 with 2210 viewsunstableblue

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 10:47 - Aug 26 by ThatMuhrenCross

I’m curious if you know the real meaning of the word “understudy”?

noun
(in the theatre) a person who learns another's role in order to be able to act at short notice in their absence.
"he has played as understudy to Celtic's usual goalkeeper"
synonyms: stand-in, substitute, replacement, reserve, fill-in, locum, proxy, backup, relief, standby, supply, surrogate, stopgap, second, alternative, ancillary; More

Probably not the right analogy! What I meant was back-up - the player to come i when the primary player (in this case Downes) needs a rest, Skuse secondary.

What I am driving at, and the concept I'm promoting across a number of threads is this:

We don't need to player two deeper midfielders in a 4-4-2; depsite Downes and Skuse both playing really well. We need a Huws or Dozzell next to Downes.

Despite Skuse being a good player, Downes is MORE effective when he plays deeper, he has more energy currently (I am aware Downes can play alongside Skuse with the intent to be more forward, but he simply does not have the passing of Huws (primary) and Dozzell (secondary).

Its just a thought! but I hope its now clearer.

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 13:52 - Aug 26 with 2099 viewspowinswitch

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 09:00 - Aug 26 by franz_tyson

Skuse isn’t Downes understudy or back-up at the moment. Probably our two most effective and consistent players yet. I do wonder if them together could mean we’re a tad defensive. I think Lambert would want Nolan in that midfield. He offers more of a goal threat. If Huws can prove his fitness, it could be that Skuse makes way for him in the future. It’s been hinted at regarding his age (33-34) that he can’t play every game. At the moment, Skownes looks a very solid partnership, but I could see Skuse making way in the future. Playing very well at the moment. However, if Skuse and Downes are consistently our best two players it might say something about our attacking threat.
But, the wheels not broken at the moment, so why even try to fix it now.

Skuse and Downes have both played well so far and are perhaps are two best players of the season so far. But the match against Wimbledon showed what teams will do at Portman Road and with some of them at their own grounds as well against us. Park the bus. We found it hard to break them down for well over an hour. Against Peterborough we again found it difficult to create. With the injuries to Nolan, Bishop, and Huws and the ineffectiveness of Dozzell, I can see why Skuse and Downes have filed the two central midfield spaces to date. But I also feel that if we want to be serious promotion contenders then we need one of Downes or Skuse, and I would go with the former if fit, alongside one of Huws, Bishop or Nolan, when fit. Skusey will still have plenty to do, both as cover for Downes, and possibly playing alongside him at Pompey, Sunderland etc.

On a separate note, I also believe it will be necessary to move the ball at speed when teams come in a very defensive mindset. When that happens, we will lose the ball as often as not, and we need to be patient with the players. Moving the ball through slick pass and move offers better opportunities to open the opposition up, but moves will also break down more often. But ultimately it’s the best way to break down a stubborn defensive formation. I dont rate Skusey at moving the ball quickly in a positive attacking sense.
that is exactly what I was trying to say.... on 14:35 - Aug 26 with 2050 viewsunstableblue

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 13:52 - Aug 26 by powinswitch

Skuse and Downes have both played well so far and are perhaps are two best players of the season so far. But the match against Wimbledon showed what teams will do at Portman Road and with some of them at their own grounds as well against us. Park the bus. We found it hard to break them down for well over an hour. Against Peterborough we again found it difficult to create. With the injuries to Nolan, Bishop, and Huws and the ineffectiveness of Dozzell, I can see why Skuse and Downes have filed the two central midfield spaces to date. But I also feel that if we want to be serious promotion contenders then we need one of Downes or Skuse, and I would go with the former if fit, alongside one of Huws, Bishop or Nolan, when fit. Skusey will still have plenty to do, both as cover for Downes, and possibly playing alongside him at Pompey, Sunderland etc.

On a separate note, I also believe it will be necessary to move the ball at speed when teams come in a very defensive mindset. When that happens, we will lose the ball as often as not, and we need to be patient with the players. Moving the ball through slick pass and move offers better opportunities to open the opposition up, but moves will also break down more often. But ultimately it’s the best way to break down a stubborn defensive formation. I dont rate Skusey at moving the ball quickly in a positive attacking sense.

... thank you for your eloquence

that is exactly what I was trying to say.... on 15:10 - Aug 26 with 2005 viewspowinswitch

that is exactly what I was trying to say.... on 14:35 - Aug 26 by unstableblue

... thank you for your eloquence

Thank you for your thank yo
Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 17:28 - Aug 26 with 1883 viewsHerbivore

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 11:02 - Aug 26 by OsborneOneNil

You are the one that keeps bringing up Mick for some reason. I was over him the day he was no longer our manager, unlike some.

Huws and KVW - what we’ve been waiting for?? on 18:25 - Aug 26 with 1834 viewsMrTown

I think our squad is now far too good for this division, the recruitment from Lambert has turned out to be v good. V good business.

Wouldn’t move from the 4-4-2 right now. I like the diamond, and we have the personnel for it, however it certainly leaves your flanks extremely vulnerable.

As for Huws, the kid has had 24 months out, he has a long long way to go, his talent is undoubted, right now Downes and Skuse are a v good pair, but Huws will have his chances.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024