Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mates Norwich Supporting brother 07:08 - Aug 26 with 6139 viewsACP84

We drew the first half V Chelsea, we'll stay up easily...

Arf
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:33 - Aug 26 with 5109 viewshaynes_toe1

Bit of a stupid comment but regardless, they seem to have enough goals in them to stay up. Certainly other managers and pundits have changed their tune from the start of the season when it was looking good that they would go down purely because they didnt spend money
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:35 - Aug 26 with 5104 viewsWD19

They might stay up. They have got an attacking threat and a lot of confidence. They have only got to finish ahead of 3 others.

They have got some £ playing assets so they might even be able to wheel and deal for a couple of years, staying up as a result.

But ultimately the lack of financial clout will catch up with them and they will be back in the Championship. Which begs the question ‘what’s the point’? Best they can hope for is a cup run in the Watford mould....but again, long term they can’t complete financially with the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton....
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:38 - Aug 26 with 5089 viewshaynes_toe1

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:35 - Aug 26 by WD19

They might stay up. They have got an attacking threat and a lot of confidence. They have only got to finish ahead of 3 others.

They have got some £ playing assets so they might even be able to wheel and deal for a couple of years, staying up as a result.

But ultimately the lack of financial clout will catch up with them and they will be back in the Championship. Which begs the question ‘what’s the point’? Best they can hope for is a cup run in the Watford mould....but again, long term they can’t complete financially with the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton....

So let's just stay League One and not bother at all. Actually, fck it league two.
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:42 - Aug 26 with 5068 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

They probably will stay up though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 09:14 - Aug 26 with 4979 viewscolly

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:42 - Aug 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It will always be touch an go for any newly promoted sides and the Canaries are no exception.
It must be a fun and very profitable ride though. Two televised games and the cream of the English League already played against.

Us Col.U.supporters are less keen to see Norwich fail this season and can therefore look at it all without seeking the negatives as a starting point.

Their biggest strength is the attacking play which they seem to have taken up a level with some ease.

If they get adrift at the bottom then Farke must change his approach no matter what he says in order to survive. The defence needs more cover.

I get the impression already that they are unbothered by the threat of relegation and will be content to enjoy the ride and cash in and once again be a force in the Championship next season.

Just seen that Man U. want Maddison for £80m in Jan.with massive add-ons for them.Money goes to money.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 9:20]
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 09:15 - Aug 26 with 4973 viewsSuperblue95

They’ll be fine. There’s at least 3 worse teams than them unfortunately

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 09:19 - Aug 26 with 4957 viewsBloomBlue

Nearly all promoted sides start on the front foot, it comes from the confidence carrying over from the previous season, it's how they progress after 10 games.
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 09:45 - Aug 26 with 4867 viewsGaryCooper

They will take some big beatings but will comfortably beat some of the mid table mob.

Staying up I reckon.

Please let Bournemouth, the fake fake club get relegated.
Login to get fewer ads

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 10:17 - Aug 26 with 4752 viewsBlueySwede

If Pukki keep on scoring, they might stay up.
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 10:40 - Aug 26 with 4687 viewsTheBoyBlue

They'll survive. Quite apart from the fact that they get every slice of good luck going (if we'd found Pukki by some miracle he'd have got injured as soon as he showed any scoring prowess and been out for two years), they have a team that doesn't look out of place. Their style of play means that they'll probably lose to most of the 'big boys', although it might catch one or two of them out (Arsenal spring to mind for example), but will be too much for the lower end of the table (as shown against Newcastle already) and probably for some of the middle order. If Pukki does get injured it'll be interesting to see if some of the rest of the team are capable of stepping up, but I imagine they will. They just do with them lot.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 10:49 - Aug 26 with 4661 viewsBluedandy

Without Puke they'd be bottom half of the Championship ... within 3 years Sparrow Road will be hosting Championship football and we'll be at the start of a 25 year residency in the Premier League.
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 11:19 - Aug 26 with 4609 viewspointofblue

They’ll be fine though they seem reliant on Pukki at the moment. I do think Farke has instigated a style of play which will work even in his absence.

They won’t come down to us. We’ll have to, somehow, go up to them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 11:20 - Aug 26 with 4605 viewsbournemouthblue

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 10:40 - Aug 26 by TheBoyBlue

They'll survive. Quite apart from the fact that they get every slice of good luck going (if we'd found Pukki by some miracle he'd have got injured as soon as he showed any scoring prowess and been out for two years), they have a team that doesn't look out of place. Their style of play means that they'll probably lose to most of the 'big boys', although it might catch one or two of them out (Arsenal spring to mind for example), but will be too much for the lower end of the table (as shown against Newcastle already) and probably for some of the middle order. If Pukki does get injured it'll be interesting to see if some of the rest of the team are capable of stepping up, but I imagine they will. They just do with them lot.

They've got a few youth prospects in there who can be sold off for megabucks who they will cash in on at some point

Godfrey, Aarons and Cantwell are going to climb in value, even if they end up going down

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 11:22 - Aug 26 with 4594 viewsTheBoyBlue

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 11:20 - Aug 26 by bournemouthblue

They've got a few youth prospects in there who can be sold off for megabucks who they will cash in on at some point

Godfrey, Aarons and Cantwell are going to climb in value, even if they end up going down

Exactly. They've played it well. Don't overspend, if they go down they'll come back up. If they stay up, then they're probably made for years to come.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 11:39 - Aug 26 with 4563 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’m not so sure. They haven’t got strength in-depth. One or two key injuries and it’s a long way until January...

Poll: W or W

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 11:40 - Aug 26 with 4562 viewsSE1blue

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 09:15 - Aug 26 by Superblue95

Agree with this.

Their next two away games will be interesting though (West Ham and Burnley) and will kind of show where they’re at this year. Those are either side of Man City at home and if they were to lose all three matches then confidence might start to wain.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 11:41]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 12:01 - Aug 26 with 4504 viewsActionMan

They will. The bottom of that league is as bad as two thirds of the championship.
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 12:04 - Aug 26 with 4494 viewsSteve_M

I'm with the consensus view here, I think they've got a good chance of staying up this season. Newcastle, despite yesterday, are in for a long season, Watford have started dreadfully, loads of other teams need just one bad season and they're in trouble. I also think Sheffield United are not as strong as Norwich although I think they could stay up too.

Now if Pukki were to get injured there would be a few more questions about Norwich, for all the rest of the team plays nice football I don't think they have enough goals without him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 12:26 - Aug 26 with 4445 viewsSomethingBlue

I think they'll stay up unless they take a run of beatings, which might make it hard for them to get their old vim back. Their match against West Ham at the weekend could finish 6-6 having seen both teams' games on Saturday.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 12:46 - Aug 26 with 4411 viewsJ2BLUE

They will stay up. They play very good football and will easily pick up enough points against teams outside the top 8

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 15:13 - Aug 26 with 4218 viewsEatonBlue

Leaky defence - they will struggle. Pukki can't be expected to constantly outscore the opponents. They will have to strengthen their defence in January.
My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 15:24 - Aug 26 with 4205 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 09:15 - Aug 26 by Superblue95

I wonder who those 3 worse teams are (especially since Newcastle and Palace now have won a game against Man U and Tottenham as well).

They rely on Pukki but even with him they ship so many goals they will struggle. Lose Pukki, they are down whether that's to an injury or through a sale.

Having said that, they have clearly budgeted to be relegated. They are annoyingly well run.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 15:28 - Aug 26 with 4202 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 15:13 - Aug 26 by EatonBlue

Leaky defence - they will struggle. Pukki can't be expected to constantly outscore the opponents. They will have to strengthen their defence in January.

They have needed to strengthen their defence since before they went up the previous time they did and haven't done so.

They do well with attacking players that also gets them more money when they sell them on but defensively they have been poor for a long time now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 18:51 - Aug 26 with 4010 viewsGeoffSentence

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 08:42 - Aug 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Definitely will if they get to pick their best half of each game to use as the result. I think by 'The Nodger Method' they are at least mid-table by now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 19:40 - Aug 26 with 3922 viewsMVBlue

My mates Norwich Supporting brother on 18:51 - Aug 26 by GeoffSentence

Definitely will if they get to pick their best half of each game to use as the result. I think by 'The Nodger Method' they are at least mid-table by now.

Their confidence will soon ebb. Then they will just be a yellow team with a decent Finn player and a whinging neanderthol manager.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024