Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday's News 8) 09:42 - Aug 26 with 6540 viewsstewartm

I am guessing that, with Ipswich Town starting to look in better shape, top of league one and a decent normal manager (We have been craving one for years). A squad which is looking better balanced (lacking a decent LB on the books) and the support seems to be really great at the moment, ME will probably sell the club. I am not having a pop at Evans but his decisions through the years have not been great and to finish his reign off he will sell a football club that is starting to look healthy-ish (not including ME's dodgy debt)…….
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 9:58]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Tuesday's announcement on 09:44 - Aug 26 with 6494 viewsbilllm

I very much doubt mark Murphy a radio host would be announcing that,we will see
For the older posters... on 09:47 - Aug 26 with 6470 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...this news of an announcement reminds me of the old Teamtalk teasers on ceefax / teletext.

The headline would reel you in, you'd call the premium phone number, and wait 10 mins to hear some underwhelming 'news'.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tuesday's announcement on 09:48 - Aug 26 with 6465 viewsJ2BLUE

Tuesday's announcement on 09:44 - Aug 26 by billlm

I very much doubt mark Murphy a radio host would be announcing that,we will see

He’s not announcing anything. There is an embargo on all media. Every media outlet can report on the news from 7am tomorrow. Think of it like when the fixtures are released.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tuesday's announcement on 09:49 - Aug 26 with 6427 viewsbilllm

Tuesday's announcement on 09:48 - Aug 26 by J2BLUE

He’s not announcing anything. There is an embargo on all media. Every media outlet can report on the news from 7am tomorrow. Think of it like when the fixtures are released.

Didn't realise this, ty
For the older posters... on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 6263 viewsagentp

For the older posters... on 09:47 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

...this news of an announcement reminds me of the old Teamtalk teasers on ceefax / teletext.

The headline would reel you in, you'd call the premium phone number, and wait 10 mins to hear some underwhelming 'news'.

Absolutely. I remember the headline star defender set to sign - or something like that. Hung on for ages to find out that we were possibly interested in Jody Craddock.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 10:29]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Tuesday's News 8) on 10:37 - Aug 26 with 6216 viewsGuthrum

One possibility which nobody seems to have considered is that of Evans selling a part-stake in the club to a new investor. It would be a way of attracting fresh money without losing all of his involvement.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tuesday's News 8) on 10:45 - Aug 26 with 6160 viewsagentp

Tuesday's News 8) on 10:37 - Aug 26 by Guthrum

One possibility which nobody seems to have considered is that of Evans selling a part-stake in the club to a new investor. It would be a way of attracting fresh money without losing all of his involvement.

That rumour is already on football rumours. A potential investor was mooted by someone important that was stood next to me at the Sunderland game.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 10:45]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Tuesday's News 8) on 10:54 - Aug 26 with 6119 viewsellerblue

Wild stab in the dark maybe the news is that Ed Sheeran will be in the fan zone prior to the match on saturday to sign autographs and maybe doing a few of his songs either there or on the pitch at half time as i say just a wild random thought.

Heinsberg Blue

Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday's News 8) on 11:22 - Aug 26 with 6014 viewsBerlinBlue

Tuesday's News 8) on 10:54 - Aug 26 by ellerblue

Wild stab in the dark maybe the news is that Ed Sheeran will be in the fan zone prior to the match on saturday to sign autographs and maybe doing a few of his songs either there or on the pitch at half time as i say just a wild random thought.

Doubt that would be embargoed til 7am tomorrow though.
For the older posters... on 21:42 - Aug 26 with 5686 viewsActionMan

For the older posters... on 09:47 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's going to be the statue isn't it... Ha
For the older posters... on 22:51 - Aug 26 with 5530 viewsblueconscience

For the older posters... on 21:42 - Aug 26 by ActionMan

It's going to be the statue isn't it... Ha

The statue would be nice news to hear, but would also be a bit of an Anti-Climax for an embargoed story.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Tuesday's News 8) on 22:53 - Aug 26 with 5518 viewsArnieM

Tuesday's News 8) on 10:37 - Aug 26 by Guthrum

Does his first name begin with an “ E” ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

For the older posters... on 07:08 - Aug 27 with 5283 viewsblueconscience

For the older posters... on 22:51 - Aug 26 by blueconscience

The statue would be nice news to hear, but would also be a bit of an Anti-Climax for an embargoed story.

And an Anti-Climax it is

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

For the older posters... on 07:13 - Aug 27 with 5226 viewsWarkystache

For the older posters... on 07:08 - Aug 27 by blueconscience

And an Anti-Climax it is

Still Murphy sounds a bit more pleased and self-satisfied than normal, so it's nice, I suppose, that someone got to feel all important when they're not usually......

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

For the older posters... on 07:15 - Aug 27 with 5203 viewsblueconscience

For the older posters... on 07:13 - Aug 27 by Warkystache

Still Murphy sounds a bit more pleased and self-satisfied than normal, so it's nice, I suppose, that someone got to feel all important when they're not usually......

The story pleased me (despite not being news embargo worthy). Luckily I am up and about at 7am so didn’t have to go out of my way to listen to the news.

He is probably just happy that he got himself a lot more listeners for the announcement.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 8:10]

For the older posters... on 07:20 - Aug 27 with 5169 viewsWarkystache

For the older posters... on 07:15 - Aug 27 by blueconscience

The story pleased me (despite not being news embargo worthy). Luckily I am up and about at 7am so didn’t have to go out of my way to listen to the news.

He is probably just happy that he got himself a lot more listeners for the announcement.

I was up as well. Gotta work.....was tuned in on my bedside radio as I got dressed. Then Look East beat him to it.......

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

For the older posters... on 07:22 - Aug 27 with 5155 viewsJ2BLUE

For the older posters... on 07:15 - Aug 27 by blueconscience

Honestly, this has been a shambles. I know the cool kids who think you need to have a poker face to everything ITFC related will pretend they find it funny but this whole thing has been ridiculous.

'We will have an announcement about the statue on Tuesday'

Instead we get 'big announcement, under an embargo'. Murphy then doubles down that it is as big as he's making out. We are a club in a long term decline under Evans and they must have known people would be desperate for new investment news. Instead they 'announce' something we all but knew already.

Really taken the sheen off what should have been a really good moment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

For the older posters... on 07:33 - Aug 27 with 5109 viewsfooters

For the older posters... on 07:22 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

Honestly, this has been a shambles. I know the cool kids who think you need to have a poker face to everything ITFC related will pretend they find it funny but this whole thing has been ridiculous.

'We will have an announcement about the statue on Tuesday'

Instead we get 'big announcement, under an embargo'. Murphy then doubles down that it is as big as he's making out. We are a club in a long term decline under Evans and they must have known people would be desperate for new investment news. Instead they 'announce' something we all but knew already.

Really taken the sheen off what should have been a really good moment.

Jesus.

Lighten up.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024