Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life expectancy of our board members 11:23 - Aug 27 with 719 viewsColin_Viljoen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49447685

Oh dear, not looking good for the majority that frequent this forum.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 11:24]

Life expectancy of our board members on 11:29 - Aug 27 with 694 viewschicoazul

Optimism. What's the point in living longer if you're constantly disappointed?

I have it in commission, to comfort the feeble-minded, and to support the weak. You must needs go along with us; we will wait for you, we will lend you our help, we will deny ourselves of some things, both opinionated and practical, for your sake; we will not enter into doubtful disputations before you, we will be made all things to you, rather than you shall be left behind
Poll: How much are Phil Gav and the elusive Mark looking forward to next Friday?

Life expectancy of our board members on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 653 viewsActionMan

I'd say we've been overly optimistic the last few years rather than pessimistic if anything. There was a lot of hope for Hurst and the players he brought in, there was a quiet expectation that Lambert would keep us up in the end and we're again quietly optimistic that we'll go back up. Having said that, that's what will kill us.

Life expectancy of our board members on 15:49 - Aug 27 with 455 viewscaught-in-limbo

There's a catch 22 here.

If I'm optimistic and don't buy into the "18 months to save the planet*", I'll most likely live to witness the horror of Mother Earth frying up play out in front of me.

On the other hand, if I buy into the fears, I'll probably drop dead before I even get an inkling that it's happening.

So the best course of action appears to be:

* https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48964736

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020