Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
how often do package holiday co.s do this? 13:36 - Aug 27 with 4408 viewssparks

Flight home changed from 830 pm to 830 am. Same day. So a whole day holiday lost on a 7 day trip.

They have offered to pay for our parking and book seats for us to be together on plane. Supposedly worth 130 quid. A fraction of the cost of 1/7 of the holiday...

Will never use Tui again.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 13:39]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:40 - Aug 27 with 3317 viewsDanTheMan

I've never heard of them doing that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:43 - Aug 27 with 3294 viewsBlockJJ

Sounds like they've merged flights. Very frequent at the start and end of seasons (or whenever there is fluctuating demand).
how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:43 - Aug 27 with 3290 viewsbluelagos

Do you know a good lawyer?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:50 - Aug 27 with 3240 viewssparks

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:43 - Aug 27 by bluelagos

Do you know a good lawyer?

Being a competent lawyer i am content that I am entitled to cancel. Which they confirmed but did not volunteer. Highly tempted on principle.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:53 - Aug 27 with 3215 viewsSikamikanico

Not had it happen to me but family had a flight changed from arriving at resort at mid afternoon to arriving around 11pm.

Its not uncommon but you should have right to cancel and you should check to see if you are entitled to any additional compensation.
how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:57 - Aug 27 with 3191 viewsITFC_Forever

Not had that before.

We used Jet 2 for flights only this summer (booked the hotel ourselves), and they moved the return flight by an hour or so, but no major change.

As someone else said, I can understand why they might want to merge two less-than-half-full flights together. Not that it helps you.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:57 - Aug 27 with 3191 viewsbluelagos

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:50 - Aug 27 by sparks

Being a competent lawyer i am content that I am entitled to cancel. Which they confirmed but did not volunteer. Highly tempted on principle.

How about suggesting a reasonable discount on top of what's been offered? As you say, a 7 day holiday in now effectively a 6 day holiday...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:02 - Aug 27 with 3155 viewsElephantintheRoom

Quite common. They may have merged flights or swapped a slot. Times are tough in the holiday business because of something called Brexit If you voted for Brexit, blame yourself. If you didn't blame rabid Tory extremists. And perhaps be thankful that you still have a holiday to go to.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:04 - Aug 27 with 3139 viewschicoazul

Im confused Bullers, are you on the holiday *at the moment*?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:12 - Aug 27 with 3110 viewsPinewoodblue

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 13:50 - Aug 27 by sparks

Check for alternative holidays. Might get comparable holiday at lower cost, then you can.claim the highgroud.

Had this with BA few years ago they cancelled flight and offered seats same time next day even though they had a flight an hour earlier that hàd capacity.. Refused to switch us to earlier flight as they could sell those seats for me than we have paid.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:52 - Aug 27 with 3026 viewsWeWereZombies

I think the moral of this story is spend the extra hour booking your own flights, accommodation and investigate how to get from the airport to the accommodation by public transport. You will probably save yourself a hundred pounds or so, have a firmer grip on when and where you are going plus you might also get a little closer to the culture of the place you are visiting.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:54 - Aug 27 with 3023 viewsDanTheMan

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:52 - Aug 27 by WeWereZombies

I think the moral of this story is spend the extra hour booking your own flights, accommodation and investigate how to get from the airport to the accommodation by public transport. You will probably save yourself a hundred pounds or so, have a firmer grip on when and where you are going plus you might also get a little closer to the culture of the place you are visiting.

I did that this year and, to be perfectly honest, I did actually miss having everything just done for you, as lazy as that is.

Although that may have been more to having to to an hour and a halfs worth of driving to the hotel in Italy. Blood pressure through the roof.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 15:01 - Aug 27 with 2977 viewsWeWereZombies

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:54 - Aug 27 by DanTheMan

I did that this year and, to be perfectly honest, I did actually miss having everything just done for you, as lazy as that is.

Although that may have been more to having to to an hour and a halfs worth of driving to the hotel in Italy. Blood pressure through the roof.

Oh, for goodness sake! Even the Italians would avoid driving in Italy if they could. Plus the railway system is excellent and the trains run on time (just as they will do here after October 31st)...

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 15:03 - Aug 27 with 2964 viewsDanTheMan

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 15:01 - Aug 27 by WeWereZombies

Oh, for goodness sake! Even the Italians would avoid driving in Italy if they could. Plus the railway system is excellent and the trains run on time (just as they will do here after October 31st)...

We would have taken the train, but unfortunately the place we were going was in the middle of nowhere relatively so we had to make alternative arrangements.

Also wanted to go to Pompeii for a day and thought it'd be easier by car.

It was not.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 15:53 - Aug 27 with 2847 viewssparks

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:04 - Aug 27 by chicoazul

Im confused Bullers, are you on the holiday *at the moment*?

No. Its end of october. Id accept a few hours either way but 12 is unfair. The 130 proposal is all they would offer when i invited a partial refund. Which is pitiful on an expensive holiday costing 4 times that for each day.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 16:28 - Aug 27 with 2763 viewsronnyd

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 15:53 - Aug 27 by sparks

No. Its end of october. Id accept a few hours either way but 12 is unfair. The 130 proposal is all they would offer when i invited a partial refund. Which is pitiful on an expensive holiday costing 4 times that for each day.

I,ve had a few late in the season holiday flights "consolidated" in the past. Now unable to travel due to wiffies health issues,so no longer a problem Seemed to happen more on the return legs than going. Once had an extra day in Halkadiki though, so not all bad.
how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 16:34 - Aug 27 with 2742 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not heard of that before. You must be due some recompense?

edit. Ignore that. I thought you were already on holiday and had been told by your rep that you were losing the best part of a day.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 16:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 16:36 - Aug 27 with 2729 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest irony of this will be when your flight home is delayed by 12 hours and you are due compensation for the delay.

Sorry this has happened, hope you enjoy your holiday all the same.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:16 - Aug 27 with 2679 viewssparks

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 16:36 - Aug 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

The biggest irony of this will be when your flight home is delayed by 12 hours and you are due compensation for the delay.

Sorry this has happened, hope you enjoy your holiday all the same.

Seriously considering cancelling. Will simply be seething the whole time im there which will rather spoil it!

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:18 - Aug 27 with 2668 viewsSpruceMoose

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:16 - Aug 27 by sparks

Seriously considering cancelling. Will simply be seething the whole time im there which will rather spoil it!

At the end of the day, if you cancel, they won't really care. Let it settle then do whatever is best for you and the family.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:25 - Aug 27 with 2645 viewsNthsuffolkblue

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:18 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

At the end of the day, if you cancel, they won't really care. Let it settle then do whatever is best for you and the family.

But if he is correct that he will be seething all the time he is there, unless the family will enjoy it (I can imagine they might enjoy seeing him seeth!), maybe cancelling is the right option.

Perhaps there is a better value late deal around that suits them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:32 - Aug 27 with 2621 viewsSpruceMoose

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:25 - Aug 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

But if he is correct that he will be seething all the time he is there, unless the family will enjoy it (I can imagine they might enjoy seeing him seeth!), maybe cancelling is the right option.

Perhaps there is a better value late deal around that suits them.

That was covered under the 'do whatever is best for you and the family part'.

Just saying, take a day or so to see if the anger subsides. If not, cancel away and go to Jaywick or something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:54 - Aug 27 with 2573 viewsTIB

That's a proper sh*t deal Sparks!!! A whole day lost and palming you off with seating together and free parking...it's laughable...folk work hard and pay good money to go away to make memories and unwind...like seating and parking are comparable!?!

If it's any use for the future, try Trail Finders. I've never really done package holidays, I normally just book flights, hotels, hire car etc all myself but a work colleagues wife works for them and booked me and the wife a great trip to Singapore / Malaysia earlier this year. They do holidays all over the world and use regular carriers for flights so less risk of this sort of thing happening. The experience was that good I'm presently trying to book Madagascar / Seychelles through her for October. I suppose they're like Kuoni but cheaper and seem more flexible.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 2523 viewsWeWereZombies

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:54 - Aug 27 by TIB

That's a proper sh*t deal Sparks!!! A whole day lost and palming you off with seating together and free parking...it's laughable...folk work hard and pay good money to go away to make memories and unwind...like seating and parking are comparable!?!

If it's any use for the future, try Trail Finders. I've never really done package holidays, I normally just book flights, hotels, hire car etc all myself but a work colleagues wife works for them and booked me and the wife a great trip to Singapore / Malaysia earlier this year. They do holidays all over the world and use regular carriers for flights so less risk of this sort of thing happening. The experience was that good I'm presently trying to book Madagascar / Seychelles through her for October. I suppose they're like Kuoni but cheaper and seem more flexible.

A girlfriend has used Trailfinders for many years (I think there is a reassuring thud heard at the other end of the line when she phones and they get her file down and drop it on the desk) and they are usually excellent. Only time we were disappointed was with the Edinburgh office but we went into Thomas Cook and they were excellent, which was an achievement because we went in intending to go to Iceland and left having changed our minds and bought flights to Cuba. When Virgin seemed clueless about visas Thomas Cook stepped in and sorted it.

So you don't have to do it all online if that makes you nervous, Trailfinders and Thomas Cook can do you flights only, flights and accommodation without the expense and limitations of buying a package.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 21:48 - Aug 27 with 2306 viewssparks

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 18:16 - Aug 27 by WeWereZombies

A girlfriend has used Trailfinders for many years (I think there is a reassuring thud heard at the other end of the line when she phones and they get her file down and drop it on the desk) and they are usually excellent. Only time we were disappointed was with the Edinburgh office but we went into Thomas Cook and they were excellent, which was an achievement because we went in intending to go to Iceland and left having changed our minds and bought flights to Cuba. When Virgin seemed clueless about visas Thomas Cook stepped in and sorted it.

So you don't have to do it all online if that makes you nervous, Trailfinders and Thomas Cook can do you flights only, flights and accommodation without the expense and limitations of buying a package.

Ive done new york with expedia- which was painless.

Not taken the family on a flight / package holiday before. Wanted to do it properly. 4 fecking Ks for a week in October!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024