Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury are no more. Expelled. 23:07 - Aug 27 with 5096 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Absolutely awful news, despite being pretty inevitable.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:27 - Aug 27 with 4188 viewsgibbsm1

Don’t often post, but this is simply shocking.

With the riches of both Manchester clubs within a few miles this makes me all the more angry.

I realise you can’t just bail out clubs that have taken risks, but there should be a fund to stop this happening. Points deduction if that fund is drawn on, but not extinction.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:33 - Aug 27 with 4128 viewspointofblue

Gut wrenching and devastating. Could easily be us and I just feel for the fans. I also think they'll be the first but not the last; I don't just mean Bolton by saying that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:38 - Aug 27 with 4097 viewsGirthyguy

Gutted for their fans I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now. Devastated for them.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:39 - Aug 27 with 4094 viewsgibbsm1

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:33 - Aug 27 by pointofblue

Gut wrenching and devastating. Could easily be us and I just feel for the fans. I also think they'll be the first but not the last; I don't just mean Bolton by saying that.

Some of the staff at those clubs will be close to min wage and they won’t grt paid on Friday.

In the meantime, Alexis Sanchez 5 miles down the road picks up £400k a week!
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:42 - Aug 27 with 4069 viewsGuthrum

Technically, they could still be bought out and survive, but that becomes a much more remote prospect given they no longer have League membership (but still substantial and very complex debts).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:45 - Aug 27 with 4041 viewsgibbsm1

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:42 - Aug 27 by Guthrum

Technically, they could still be bought out and survive, but that becomes a much more remote prospect given they no longer have League membership (but still substantial and very complex debts).

I’m continually amazed at how quickly Wikipedia gets updated.
Bury have been chucked out of the league on that page
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 00:01 - Aug 28 with 3966 viewsyorkshire

I am guessing that nobody was prepared to line Steve Dales pocket - it seems as though this guy has single handledly taken this club out of the league on a gamble trying to turn his £1 investment into 900,000 through the CVA. - however much money those clubs and individuals in the area have no one is going to just pony up that sort of money to a grifter like this
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 00:05 - Aug 28 with 3955 viewsGuthrum

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 00:01 - Aug 28 by yorkshire

I am guessing that nobody was prepared to line Steve Dales pocket - it seems as though this guy has single handledly taken this club out of the league on a gamble trying to turn his £1 investment into 900,000 through the CVA. - however much money those clubs and individuals in the area have no one is going to just pony up that sort of money to a grifter like this

Seems a fair bit of the blame should fall upon Stewart Day, the previous owner, who appears to have loaded the club up with complex and expensive debt - not all of which seems to have been discovered by Dale when he bought (nor, at first, by the latest prospective purchasers).

Login to get fewer ads

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 00:08 - Aug 28 with 3948 viewsMJR101

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:27 - Aug 27 by gibbsm1

With the riches of both Manchester clubs within a few miles this makes me all the more angry.

I realise you can’t just bail out clubs that have taken risks, but there should be a fund to stop this happening. Points deduction if that fund is drawn on, but not extinction.

Exactly this.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 02:27 - Aug 28 with 3848 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of the people who own football clubs have forgotten how crucial they are to the communities they sit in. Tragic for everyone in Bury. The people who rely on the club just to stay afloat will carry the weight of this, while the people responsible will walk away as if they don't have a care in the world.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 2:29]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 02:57 - Aug 28 with 3832 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How did the EFL let this clown take the reigns of the club?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 03:16 - Aug 28 with 3819 viewsSpruceMoose

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 02:57 - Aug 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Because they don't really care about the welfare of clubs or the communities behind them sadly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 05:20 - Aug 28 with 3776 viewsRyorry

I did think some last minute deal might be found, which made it even more of a helluva shock to hear the stark announcement on the 00.30am news. Absolutely terrible. Poor fans (and community) - watching them polishing the 11,000 seats the day before was heart-breaking.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 06:16 - Aug 28 with 3718 viewsbrogansnose

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 05:20 - Aug 28 by Ryorry

I did think some last minute deal might be found, which made it even more of a helluva shock to hear the stark announcement on the 00.30am news. Absolutely terrible. Poor fans (and community) - watching them polishing the 11,000 seats the day before was heart-breaking.

A bit of a choker to read this;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-and-bolton-two-of-englands
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 06:57 - Aug 28 with 3636 viewsITFC_Forever

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 02:57 - Aug 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Because the more was no-one else.

If he hadn’t have stepped in, Bury would have gone months ago.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:00 - Aug 28 with 3625 viewsChurchman

That is so sad. I feel for the community and in particular the supporters. I do hope they can reform and rise through the lower leagues as Accrington have. Over 100 years of history chucked in the bin due to greed, stupidity and incompetence.

The way professional football is structured is all around greed. The haves get ever more the have nots less. Even to the extent of stealing all the best young players for a pittance. Yes, success should be rewarded, but the distortions that have come in since firstly ending shared gate receipts in the 80s then the Premier League in the 90s are grotesque and mean that it is inevitable that only a few teams will be competitive at the top and the rest will struggle to survive.

The regulation of the game in this country is pathetic and the game itself should be the most important thing. Not ‘the big six’ or whatever numbers there are. Nor should two bit shysters, chancers and opportunists be allowed anywhere near it.

For sport to be worth anything it has to be competitive. Professional football in that sense is dying. It’s so sad.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:19 - Aug 28 with 3560 viewsITFC_Forever

Technically, Bury do exist as a club... they just have a massive debt, no players, very few staff and no league to play in.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:22 - Aug 28 with 3547 viewsBloomBlue

But that's the problem Bury did take risks, so how big will this fund be and if a club deliberately spends billions they dont have is the fund going to bail that club out? Who will pay into the fund, increase ticket prices for fans of all clubs?
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:24 - Aug 28 with 3544 viewsBerlinBlue

Absolutely horrendous. Imagine not having ITFC anymore.

What those fans must be going through...
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:37 - Aug 28 with 3503 viewsBackToRussia

There was a bidder for the club, there's no need for a fund, but if they had a mechanism to force the owner to accept that bid, presumably this would have been avoided.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:00 - Aug 28 with 3417 viewsBloomBlue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:37 - Aug 28 by BackToRussia

There was a bidder for the club, there's no need for a fund, but if they had a mechanism to force the owner to accept that bid, presumably this would have been avoided.

But is the bidder covering all the debt? Don't forget often other businesses are owned money is if fair as happened with Ipswich those local businesses have to take a fraction of what they are owed because mgmt at a football club decided to gamble with money they never had?

Football is like any business spend more than you bring in and you're in trouble.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:12 - Aug 28 with 3346 viewsbournemouthblue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 23:45 - Aug 27 by gibbsm1

I’m continually amazed at how quickly Wikipedia gets updated.
Bury have been chucked out of the league on that page

I notice their Twitter feed is also gone

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:32 - Aug 28 with 3284 viewsBackToRussia

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:00 - Aug 28 by BloomBlue

But is the bidder covering all the debt? Don't forget often other businesses are owned money is if fair as happened with Ipswich those local businesses have to take a fraction of what they are owed because mgmt at a football club decided to gamble with money they never had?

Football is like any business spend more than you bring in and you're in trouble.

Not sure. But it's irrelevant if Dale doesn't want to sell for whatever reason. They should be able to force a bad owner to sell if he's running a club into the ground.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3241 viewsBloomBlue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:32 - Aug 28 by BackToRussia

Not sure. But it's irrelevant if Dale doesn't want to sell for whatever reason. They should be able to force a bad owner to sell if he's running a club into the ground.

But it's a business no different to Woolworths, BHS. All that will happen is clubs will automatically spend millions knowing they never have to pay it back as along will come a new owner who they will be forced to sell to. Why should creditors have to bail out football clubs.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:48 - Aug 28 with 1975 viewsGuthrum

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:19 - Aug 28 by ITFC_Forever

Technically, Bury do exist as a club... they just have a massive debt, no players, very few staff and no league to play in.

If, no longer having League status to maintain, Bury could sell their remaining senior players and maybe any training facilities to pay off the worst debts, possibly even offloading the (heavily mortgaged) Gigg Lane ground itself*, then the club might be in a position to join something like the Northern Division One and start working their way back up without having to liquidate and restart from scratch.

* When is Manchester next hosting a major sporting event?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024