Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talksport 10:11 - Aug 28 with 2583 viewsMetal_Hacker

So contradictory ffs

They’re having the Derby owner on shortly to discuss how the Bury and Bolton situations can’t happen again

Mel Morris and Derby described by that annoying presenter Jim White an amazing guy and a very well run club

Jeeeez if I had the time I’d be calling in.

The Derby model is a blueprint for what’s wrong with state of our game

Annoyed and sorry for the rant

Poll: If it were one or the other

Talksport on 10:13 - Aug 28 with 2552 viewsSteve_M

Hopefully they'll ask him what he'll do next time they end up close to FFP and can't sell the ground to themselves again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Talksport on 10:14 - Aug 28 with 2539 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I don't think there's anyone I find more annoying than Jim White.

He comes across as insincere and you can get and yesterday I got no sense of empathy or any kind of attempt to strike a respectful or sombre mood. It was more like 'A club of 150 years is going to die, this is massive news and yippee I get to be the one making history and telling everyone'.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Talksport on 10:19 - Aug 28 with 2490 viewsBeckets

Talksport on 10:14 - Aug 28 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He comes across as insincere and you can get and yesterday I got no sense of empathy or any kind of attempt to strike a respectful or sombre mood. It was more like 'A club of 150 years is going to die, this is massive news and yippee I get to be the one making history and telling everyone'.

I’m surprised they can keep him sober long enough to host a radio show.
Talksport on 10:19 - Aug 28 with 2494 viewsBasuco

Maybe he will ask him if Derby could have survived financially if he had not injected £80 million of cash into the club to prop up a wage bill they would otherwise not have been able to support in their gamble to buy promotion? Or maybe he won't.
Talksport on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 2470 viewsMetal_Hacker

Talksport on 10:13 - Aug 28 by Steve_M

Hopefully they'll ask him what he'll do next time they end up close to FFP and can't sell the ground to themselves again.

I’ve just taken the time to text the show that exact question

You and I both know it won’t be asked

Fuming

Talksport on 10:22 - Aug 28 with 2464 viewsketton_itfc

Jim White and Sky Sports are some of the biggest c**** going.
Talksport on 10:25 - Aug 28 with 2437 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

As if Jim White wasnt annoying enough...

...they have now added Natalie Sawyer to the mix at TalkSport.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Talksport on 10:35 - Aug 28 with 2369 viewsChurchman

I agree with that. He is a self important bag of wind. His clone on Sky who also does that transfer deadline day nonsense is up there with him.

Oh the irony of Sky’s reporting on this, given they are one of the root causes. Mind you, hypocrites like me who have had Sky since it’s start don’t help!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 12:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Talksport on 10:46 - Aug 28 with 2305 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Derby not run much differently to most are they?
Talksport on 10:49 - Aug 28 with 2287 viewsMetal_Hacker

Talksport on 10:46 - Aug 28 by PrideOfTheEast

I wouldn’t say “most “ bit others do act in that way

My point being the Mel Morris being in to discuss a club like Bury going down the pan

Perhaps could’ve had someone like the Accrington Stanley chairman perhaps who can actually relate to certain issues without being contradictory and hiding the fact that he just sold the ground back to themselves for twice the price

Talksport on 10:49 - Aug 28 with 2287 viewsMVBlue

Talksport on 10:21 - Aug 28 by Metal_Hacker

I’ve just taken the time to text the show that exact question

You and I both know it won’t be asked

Fuming

But they know what Derby have done. Adrian Durham mentioned it in his afternoon show with Gough, that Derby used the stadium buy out to chase the dream.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Talksport on 10:52 - Aug 28 with 2271 viewsMetal_Hacker

Talksport on 10:49 - Aug 28 by MVBlue

But they know what Derby have done. Adrian Durham mentioned it in his afternoon show with Gough, that Derby used the stadium buy out to chase the dream.

Even more reason to ask him live on the radio show to discuss the ridiculous things that people like him are willing to do chasing the “dream” whilst watching other clubs going to ruin

It’ll bite Derby on the backside and the likes or Derby once their owners get bored after not being promoted to the promise land

Talksport on 10:52 - Aug 28 with 2264 viewsSwansea_Blue

Talksport on 10:46 - Aug 28 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep. A ridiculously high wage to revenue ratio of 136%, operating losses last year of £30m+ off the back of £20m+ the year before. Their operating losses last year were bigger than their revenue. Hence the need to perform some 'financial gymnastics' through selling their ground to their owner to balance the books (and presumably avoid FFP issues). They're the very definition of unsustainable.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Talksport on 10:52 - Aug 28 with 2258 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Talksport on 10:49 - Aug 28 by Metal_Hacker

I wouldn’t say “most “ bit others do act in that way

My point being the Mel Morris being in to discuss a club like Bury going down the pan

Perhaps could’ve had someone like the Accrington Stanley chairman perhaps who can actually relate to certain issues without being contradictory and hiding the fact that he just sold the ground back to themselves for twice the price

Yep that's fair.

I just don't see how a Derby model is much different to plenty of others, even our own prior to say 2012.
Talksport on 11:00 - Aug 28 with 2213 viewswkj

Crazy really, Sky and Talksport are both handling this in such a horrible way, the circus around the deadlines for Bury and Bolton yesterday was so unreal.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Talksport on 11:01 - Aug 28 with 2206 viewsGooders7592

I hate Derby almost as much as Norwich.
Talksport on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 2027 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Talksport on 10:52 - Aug 28 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. A ridiculously high wage to revenue ratio of 136%, operating losses last year of £30m+ off the back of £20m+ the year before. Their operating losses last year were bigger than their revenue. Hence the need to perform some 'financial gymnastics' through selling their ground to their owner to balance the books (and presumably avoid FFP issues). They're the very definition of unsustainable.

What was our wage to revenue ratio in the early Evans years?

The ground thing, yes, but others have done that or similar.
Talksport on 14:22 - Aug 28 with 1790 viewsPilgrimblue

I'm with you on that. I thought it was just me that found him a pain. He just shouts and obviously has no idea how badly he comes across. Surely someone should tell him!
Talksport on 14:33 - Aug 28 with 1745 viewsWD19

Talksport on 10:25 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

As if Jim White wasnt annoying enough...

...they have now added Natalie Sawyer to the mix at TalkSport.

Doesn't putting Natalie Sawyer on the radio sort of defeat the point!?

Its like putting Raheem Sterling in goal when it comes to 'playing to strengths'.
Talksport on 14:44 - Aug 28 with 1707 viewsBlue_Order

Jim White used to go to Rangers and celtic games when he was younger.

Blokes a wrong’un.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024